Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Government intrusion in hobby flying

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Government intrusion in hobby flying

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:13 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: Government intrusion in hobby flying

the forefathers only allowed for the landed men to have a vote, too.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 PM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mongo

Maybe thats the way it should be today.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well maybe...
my point was, what they intended, and what is being done now, are often not the same.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: mongo

Those were state laws.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Ralph White

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't see much discussion on the FAA proposed regulations concerning sUAS and model aircraft lately. Hope AMA is still making a strong effort on our behalf with both the FAA and congress.

My wife just recieved a reply to her letter from our Representative in Washington, Timothy V. Johnson. He is on the Transportation and Infrastructure Commitee. I don't have a copier so will type the contents below:

"July 14, 2011

Dear Mrs. White:

Thank you for letting me know of your support for model aeronautics. I appreciate hearing from constituents such as you, who contact my office on issues that are important to them.

Let me assure you that I fully support exempting the operation of model airplanes from overregulation by the Federal Aviation Administration. Model Aeronautics is a long tenured interest of many Americans and is a cherished recreational activity. As you may be aware, the 15th District of Illinois is the home of two of the largest model airplane companies in the country. Not only is model aviation safe and educational, but it is an economic contributor that employs and sells model aircraft pieces to people across the country. The FAA regulations, as proposed, would impact the operation and sale of model aircraft, imposing unnecessary regulation on an entertaining and educational hobby.

Rest assured I will do whatever I can to support exemptions of the Model Aviation, Model Aeronautics industries, and the Academy of Model Aeronautics from overregulation by the Federal Aviation Administration. We need to protect individuals and small businesses from stifling regulation, especially those that negatively impact our cherished American pastimes.

Again, thank you for contacting me. In the future, if there is anything else with which I may assist you, please feel free to contact me.

Sincrerely,

Timothy V. Johnson
Member of Congress"

We must keep working on protecting our freedoms, otherwise they will disappear.
Ralph White, Jr
Neoga, IL
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very nice reply (not a canned one!) from the Representative for your area of Illinois. If we could only get that much support from all the reps and senators!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Ralph White

My wife just recieved a reply to her letter from our Representative in Washington, Timothy V. Johnson. He is on the Transportation and Infrastructure Commitee. I don't have a copier so will type the contents below:

Absolutely awesome response! The letter your wife sent must have been equally as good... Thank her for all of us!