Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

I got a response from my Senator

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

I got a response from my Senator

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I got a response from my Senator

guys
before you badmouth your senators for not caring,
the UNANIMOUS senate vote to include the amendment BEFRORE any letters were sent
makes me think your senators hate modeling a lot less that you guys put forth
... they supported aeromodling all on their own without your input on Feb17
Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
iron eagel

True the senate did see the folly in handing MA over to the FAA, but as I said only one of my senators bothered to reply. What really bothers me is no response from my congressman, and that is where the bill sits now.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Phoenixangel

It is a form letter, but at least it is something.
Thank you for contacting me to share your views on the issues that are important to you. I always value hearing from my fellow Oklahomans.

It is an honor to serve and represent the State of Oklahoma in Congress. I carefully take into account the input I receive and the concerns I hear from my constituents. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind as I vote in the U.S. House of Representatives on issues important both to Oklahoma and our nation.

Again, thank you for contacting me with your concerns. If I can ever be of future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully yours,

Dan Boren

Member of Congress
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
KidEpoxy

bothers me is no response from my congressman, and that is where the bill sits now
you should look at the other amendments on the bill,
and decide if getting the bill passed so the modeling amendment passes
is worth it to you if the bill doesnt include other amendments that you might feel are MORE important
.. like ones regarding the solvency of our nations treasury

Are you going to support a bill that helps aeromodling
but at the same time, elsewhere in the 400pages + 100 amendments, destroys the country?

I'm not getting political, but there are other REALLY important issues happening on this bill,
ones that the political parties will have knife fights over.
Do you know what those issues are... cause I'm not going to bring them up here, but I'll just say what we heard the past few years-
READ the bill before voting on it, and read the bill (actually, the amendments) before supporting your pork on it
Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

OK dude, you're scaring me. I want you to go back and read what you just wrote, and then think about if your getting political or not. Sounds to me you're a tad bit infatuated with this subject. Next thing we know you'll be pulling a Jared Loughner on somebody that doesn't agree with your point of view. You may want to take a chill pill.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM
yard-dart

I got this from Senator David Vitter.

Dear Mr. Kennedy,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the federal regulation of model aircraft. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, the FAA is developing new regulations regarding small, unmanned aircraft, including model aircraft.

You may be pleased to know the FAA Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act, which recently passed the Senate, includes a "Special Rule for Model Aircraft" amendment that exempts model aircraft from the proposed legislation. Rest assured I will closely monitor this issue as Congress works to finalize this legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you and your family.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

I got this from Senator David Vitter.

Dear Mr. Kennedy,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the federal regulation of model aircraft. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, the FAA is developing new regulations regarding small, unmanned aircraft, including model aircraft.

You may be pleased to know the FAA Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act, which recently passed the Senate, includes a ''Special Rule for Model Aircraft'' amendment that exempts model aircraft from the proposed legislation. Rest assured I will closely monitor this issue as Congress works to finalize this legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you and your family.
Excellent! You've actually got a Senator that reads his mail - AND RESPONDS IN A COHERANT MANNER!!!!!!

Lucky you! Wish I lived where you do with a senator that actually pays attention.

Dave
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
yard-dart

Not so fast, Dave! After reading some of the responses on the other thread, my Senator is wrong. From what I'm reading, my Senator, along with all of the other Senators that have responded, are in full support of the basic regs, which the AMA has put forth and enforced for years. It's the ones who own models that fall out of that category who are raising nine kinds of hell, saying that our Senators are wrong in the manner that they are giving support.

As for me, I'm totally happy with the response I've gotten, and there are several others who have gotten the same response as me, who too are happy with the responses.

Thanks for your support, Dave.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
bradpaul

Wow.... for once the "kid" isn't in first place.

Who posted in this thread
Username Total
The Toolman 15
KidEpoxy 12
lopflyers 12
kochj 4
yard-dart 4
wahoo 3
iron eagel 3
rctakeoff 2
cj_rumley 2
frets24 2
Gizmo-RCU 2
haikt 1
GerKonig 1
corch 1
DadsToysBG 1
flyingfrog007 1
lrglnman 1
Luchnia 1
madman75 1
mike31 1
MX240 1
Nitro-Tom 1
Old RC Aviator 1
Phoenixangel 1
skylark-flier 1
Speedy-Gonzales 1
Tarasdad 1
joebahl 1
joeshmoe_44883 1
Ken6PPC 1
warningshot 1
littlecrankshaf 1
804 1
Old 03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
The Toolman

So, whats your point?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
yard-dart

Shouldn't a self-proclaimed Tea Part, gun-carrying, white, christian guy from down in the Missouri Ozarks be able to figure that one out, Slick?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 AM
swede5
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

I've gotten exactly the response from my senators that I expected - nada, zip, zero. Of course since those senators are Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi I'm not really surprised, especially given that I'm a registered Republican.
I've gotten the same response from the Iowa delegation ............. has anyone in Iowa gotten a response?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:19 AM
KidEpoxy

Yard-Dart
From what I'm reading, my Senator, along with all of the other Senators that have responded, are in full support of the basic regs, which the AMA has put forth and enforced for years
not so fast

The term is CBO Standards, not AMA Standards.
What you are endorseing so whole heartedly
is the Senate ok'ing the cbo DIYDrones(&AMA etc) to write themselves out of any FAA regs

How can anyone see it any other way
than YOU are in favor of letting that other CBO fly drones wherever they please regardless of FAA regs,
by YOUR support of the legislation that allows them to do so via their cbo standards
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 AM
corch
My Feedback: (1)

I got a response from my Representative.  Of course I think it help I sent the email, called his local office, and called his DC office.  The House is where the work needs to be done now.....
Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: corch

I got a response from my Representative. Of course I think it help I sent the email, called his local office, and called his DC office. The House is where the work needs to be done now.....
Canned responses, almost read exactly the same. So might be better off without a respones [X(]
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Canned responses, almost read exactly the same...
Funny how a little lip service satisfies so many...really unbelievable to say the least.

When it comes to politicians, it is what that has went unsaid that means the most...and the canned replies thus far have spoken volumes.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 AM
The Toolman

In my 60 years on earth, I have found that a lot of people are to easily led to slaughter by a slick talking low life, that has some power