Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

From My senator!!!-Hurray

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

From My senator!!!-Hurray

Old 03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
phakur
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From My senator!!!-Hurray

Thank you for your recent letter regarding model aircraft and the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act (S. 223). I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you may know, during Senate consideration of S. 223, Senator Inhofe proposed an amendment to exempt model aircraft used for recreational, sport, competition or academic purposes from regulations or policies set forth by the FAA. I support common-sense policies that relieve citizens of excessive and unnecessary regulation. You will be pleased to learn that Senator Inhofe's amendment passed with unanimous support and was included in the Senate-passed version of S. 223.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
rw Guinn

Default RE: From My senator!!!-Hurray

I got EXACTLY the same letter...
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
draftman1

mine was worse than that, the basic generic letter that my worthless senator always sends out.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rw Guinn

I got EXACTLY the same letter...

Hey, I must be special! I have received the same letter twice from Cornyn and basically the same from Poe.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:53 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: draftman1

mine was worse than that, the basic generic letter that my worthless senator always sends out.
Oh ! You mean the one from BB offering you the opportunity to recieve some political spam but won,t comment on the legislation you wrote her about?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:48 PM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phakur

Thank you for your recent letter regarding model aircraft and the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act (S. 223). I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you may know, during Senate consideration of S. 223, Senator Inhofe proposed an amendment to exempt model aircraft used for recreational, sport, competition or academic purposes from regulations or policies set forth by the FAA. I support common-sense policies that relieve citizens of excessive and unnecessary regulation. You will be pleased to learn that Senator Inhofe's amendment passed with unanimous support and was included in the Senate-passed version of S. 223.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
Yup-

Same letter I got today myself. Lets hope that they REALLY mean it.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Stunt King

Is This For Real?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:57 PM
warningshot

Let me see if I understand everyone correctly. You send a generic letter and expect a handwritten letter back. Is this correct?[>:]
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
oskartek

I should think that one would be happy getting a form letter addressing the specific plight
of the aero model enthusiast rather than a generic form letter.

At least the Senator or Represenative or their staff took the time to think about it
instead of robotically responding.

Happy flying, Oscar
Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
TruBlu02

I got an email back from my senator in Oregon as well. His was very similar to this letter posted here and he addressed the fact that I used a third party site to contact him. He asked that if I had any more personal commentary I would like to add to contact him again. I took the time to write a long letter in my own words this time addressing the issue of overregulation in hobby flying. I am not sure how much this kind of stuff helps but at least it is something we can do.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: TruBlu02

I got an email back from my senator in Oregon as well. His was very similar to this letter posted here and he addressed the fact that I used a third party site to contact him. He asked that if I had any more personal commentary I would like to add to contact him again. I took the time to write a long letter in my own words this time addressing the issue of overregulation in hobby flying. I am not sure how much this kind of stuff helps but at least it is something we can do.
I think you got it!!!

You now deserve a real thanks...Thank you!

I may not even agree with what you said/wrote but at least you said it. I can respect that as well as I am sure your senator now will.

How could anyone expect anything but a disingenuous or generic response for what appears to be a lazy attempt to get one's way or in this case another's way by sending one of our representatives a formed letter or worse yet an email...dang!!... asinine to say the very least. If a letter or a choke and puke Email seems to be just another one of the same, it surely will get ignored and put in the circular file... who has time for that crap???
Old 03-28-2011, 03:58 PM
The Toolman

I told y'all so. AMA's form letter sucks, just like they do. If you don't have the time to write one in your own words, you more than likely will get a generic form letter back.

The web might work for some things, but it will never replace a hand written letter to a politician. Like I said awhile back, when I was in politics for 5 years, we usually just round filed the form letters.

This wasn't meant for you LCS, its just how the system here works.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

I received this from one ... I know it's a form letter.. but nice to see that they actually review emails.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding an exemption for model airplanes in the Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization. The dialogue between me and my constituents is very important to me, as it helps me represent you best.

The model airplane exemption was included in the Senate version of the bill but not in the version passed in the House of Representatives. When the two chambers go to conference before sending the measure to the President, it will be clear whether the final bill will include this amendment

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Well, thanks to the email drive, I am now stuck on my Rep's email/spam list and get emails at least once a week telling me how he is practically single handedly saving babies and old people. No unsubscibe link either.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 AM
The Toolman