Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Leader Members:

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Leader Members:

Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA Leader Members:

Well, the AMA Leader Member Chairman is active. He definitely wants quick answers or maybe no answers at all.

Today I received a new Leader Member Survey. It was postmarked in Muncie on Friday 3-25-2011. That was fast but the problem is that it was to be returned by today, "March 28". Mailing a letter on Friday and expecting an answer on Monday.

Didn't happen.

On the other hand, they did not stipulate 2010, 2011, or 2012, or any other. So it will get mailed back, but probably not counted.
Woe is me! Sniff sniff!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: AMA Leader Members:

i got the same.
filled it out and sent in in.
just for the practice.

thought that it was telling that on the online survey they did a while back, that they only got 300 or so responses, and only 82 were leader members.

mongo
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I filled mine out and will bring it to Toledo where a lot of AMA staff will be "glad-handing".
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received an email from AMA stating that the March 29th date was in error:

"May we have your forgiveness, please? A US mail survey was recently sent to you from AMA Headquarters with an incorrect return date of March 28. Please disregard that. We value your opinions very much and hope that you will return the completed survey in the postage-paid envelope at your earliest convenience. Apologies for the miscommunication."

Guess USPS will get my business after all.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The AMA's "Public Relations" department did not waste any time getting a " disregard the return date " out this AM on email.

Perhaps my email to the new LM chairman, Rusty, had something to do with their recognition of their error.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

The AMA's ''Public Relations'' department did not waste any time getting a '' disregard the return date '' out this AM on email.

Perhaps my email to the new LM chairman, Rusty, had something to do with their recognition of their error.
Tnx for mention of the new LM chairman Hoss, it's news that had not caught my attention. I see other staffing changes, and that is a progressive sign.....but one sack left to take out to the curb.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:02 PM
103/17

I just filled mine out and sent it in. Never thought twice about the date or if it was late........... I think the leader members are underutilized. As an AVP / leader member I would like to see better communication. I guess that can always improve.......

103/17
Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has been mailed also.....
Old 04-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been a Leader Member since 1987. If the AMA thinks they have authority over me and requires that I jump through hoops or bark on command, they have another think coming. I love this hobby but don't consider model aviation and the AMA to be one in the same. Any other thoughts?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Lifer

I have been a Leader Member since 1987. If the AMA thinks they have authority over me and requires that I jump through hoops or bark on command, they have another think coming. I love this hobby but don't consider model aviation and the AMA to be one in the same. Any other thoughts?
I whole heartily agree...The hobby and AMA needs more guys like you!

Yep, to many puppets on a string... one great problem throughout society now. Your post was a refreshing reminder of what being an American once meant.