Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

about leader members

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

about leader members

Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: about leader members

Life is just way too short to get your panties in a not over this rubbish.........Can't all us just enjoy aviation? Here, Let me get you inspired! [
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pISK9WSXwvU
Old 07-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: frankp

The AMA is a member driven orginization. The opinion of every member counts. As I stated in a previous post, I will seek support for the proposed Bi-Laws changes from the membership-not just the Leader Members.

All you need is 19 others to support you and then send it in to the EC.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 AM
TimJ

If I remember correctly, when it comes to voting, one, the Leader Members job is to ask his or her club members what they think and vote accordingly.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TimJ

If I remember correctly, when it comes to voting, one, the Leader Members job is to ask his or her club members what they think and vote accordingly.

Dream On!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 AM
TimJ

Yeah, but woun't that be the right thing to do?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:17 AM
phlpsfrnk

Thank you TimJ. That is the first straight answer I've seen to my question of how the Leader Members communicate with the members. At least it's the only one that hasn't been deleted and it won't get deleted here.

Regards
Frank
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
rcmiket

Been doing this for over 25 years not once has any leader member in any club I've belonged to asked our opinion on anything.
Mike
Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

Been doing this for over 25 years not once has any leader member in any club I've belonged to asked our opinion on anything.
Mike
That has been my experience and apparently asking about communications between the leader members and members is a offence worthy of banning on the AMA Forum.

Regards
Frank
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

I belong to three clubs and attend almost all of the club meetings. I report anything that I know that is going on within the AMA to the mrmbers at the meetings. It is obvious to me that 95% of the members wish that I would shut-up so we could end the meeting. Unless it has some direct impact on our club, they don't care.

Frank P, LM
Old 07-11-2011, 05:55 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

between those LM that believe they are part of a secret fraternity and membership at large that really doesn't want to know a whole lot about the workings of the AMA, we have a tough sell trying to change the LM image.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: mongo

between those LM that believe they are part of a secret fraternity and membership at large that really doesn't want to know a whole lot about the workings of the AMA, we have a tough sell trying to change the LM image.
I don't think shutting down any discussions on the AMA's own open forum about the leader members or their hidden forum User Group is helping their cause any either.

Regards
Frank
Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 AM
ctrout

Or maybe they are just trying to help the hobby http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=13788  just about anything the AMA give a try gets derailed from making it look like a train running over its members by the few of you in every forum you can get in to.
and make it sound like your just trying to help.what nice guys you are.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:17 AM
koastrc

You know FrankP, what you say is as close to the real deal as it gets. We have a AVP in one of our clubs. He reports on the AMA every meeting. Everyone is nice to him when he speaks, but they just don't listen to what he has to say. Most just don't care about what the AMA does as long as they have a place to fly. The only thing that is a secret in the AMA is there is no secrets.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:11 AM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

A few days ago I received a message from a Leader Member informing me that he and a few other LM's are forming a group of LM's to come up with plans to increase the AMA membership. I am willing to do what I can in support of the AMA but I have to ask what is the EC doing about membership other than hireing marketing firms. The AMA formed a group of members last year to study this and other problems called the STF. A lot of members signed up in support. The group has become dorment due to lack of direction from the AMA.

Frank P
Old 07-13-2011, 09:27 AM
koastrc

FrankP, you make some good points. "The group has become dormant due to lack of direction from the AMA" The draw back to that statement is: We are the AMA. Every Member. As you pointed out in a post about the club members wish you would sit down and be quite when talking about the AMA. Perhaps the STF is failing because it has become another forum of the way we do things in any club USA. In the world there is a saying that 90% of the work is done by 10% of the membership in just about all organizations.
Some people think and I agree, the hobby/sport of model aviation is trying to find itself. Can that also be said about the AMA and the membership? At times we all seem to agree there is a problem. At no time do we ever agree on the solution to the problems.
Somehow the leader members are not that big of a deal in the BIG PICTURE.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 AM
phlpsfrnk

Default RE: [Awaiting Approval]

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

I wonder if the Mods there grew tired of the line of questioning?
Tim,
I'm sure you may be right however why state it is ''An area for members to ask questions, post problems, and find solutions to issues '' when those questions are summarily deleted without cause and a poll (which many thought was a good question including many leader members) gets deleted. Was the poll starting to show a result the Mod did not like? Is it an area for members to ask only certain questions? Who determines what those questions might be?

I’m sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions here and I hope I don’t get banned for it but when I don’t understand something I tend to ask questions. It’s not my fault if no one has a good answer or does not want to respond.

Regards
Frank R. Phelps
AMA 39551
I am asking a general question. Let me clarify. I reviewed your posts and really did not find anything that would be a banable offence. May be the post in question was deleted? I don't know. Take a minute and email the administrator of the forum and kindly ask what issue caused you to be banned. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone here can do about it.
All inquiries to the mod and previous inquires to the administators have thus far been ignored.

Regards
Frank

I will inquire for you.
Tim,
Did you have any success in your inquiries?

Regards
Frank