Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Photo of AMA stickers

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Photo of AMA stickers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Photo of AMA stickers

Im going to attempt to post a photo of my TX case with 5 years worth of AMA membership stickers on it .... Hope it works ....
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
150flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Photo of AMA stickers

That looks good. It looks like AMA just gave up trying to design a half-way decent sticker for 2012.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

I have inside information about the stickers that would blow your socks off. I can't tell you any details but all stickers in the future will have to be changed to meet a new criteria. The stickers we have been using are known to attract aliens beings and the metallic surface presents a real danger to military drone craft.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

I have inside information about the stickers that would blow your socks off. I can't tell you any details but all stickers in the future will have to be changed to meet a new criteria. The stickers we have been using are known to attract aliens beings and the metallic surface presents a real danger to military drone craft.

Uh, no.
The stickers interfere with 2.4 ghz transmissions.
Geez. Some people.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:36 PM
KidEpoxy

If you dust the transmitter with corn starch
so your transmissions wont get stuck on the stickers as you transmit
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 AM
tinner1

I may get into trouble for letting out this helpful piece of inside information that the "main man" has told me to keep a secrete, but here goes...If you wear a tin foil hat shaped like the pyramids in Egypt, and keep it oriented correctly to the North pole, you won't have a problem with people walking around you and interfering with your 2.4 ghz radio link to your airplane. Please keep it under your hat....
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Im going to attempt to post a photo of my TX case with 5 years worth of AMA membership stickers on it .... Hope it works ....

Hmmm... I save my stickers to put over holes and hanger rash of old models that I am tired of and intend to get rid of...one way or another[X(] once it gets an AMA sticker, the model is done for/by me...well except for the occasional temporary field repairs if tape isn't handy.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

If you dust the transmitter with corn starch
so your transmissions wont get stuck on the stickers as you transmit
So, make the sticker slicker?
I'll try that.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:26 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Hmmm... I save my stickers to put over holes and hanger rash of old models that I am tired of and intend to get rid of...one way or another[X(] once it gets an AMA sticker, the model is done for/by me...well except for the occasional temporary field repairs if tape isn't handy.

I would wager that a fairly substantial percentage of AMA stiickers receive the same treatment. Along with most of the cheapie graphics that come with radios and servos. If the plane isn't worth a real covering repair job, it is in for a hard time.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:12 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tinner1

I may get into trouble for letting out this helpful piece of inside information that the ''main man'' has told me to keep a secrete, but here goes...If you wear a tin foil hat shaped like the pyramids in Egypt, and keep it oriented correctly to the North pole, you won't have a problem with people walking around you and interfering with your 2.4 ghz radio link to your airplane. Please keep it under your hat....
The only problem with the tin foil hat as I see it, if there is a thunderstrom within five miles of where you are, you're toast.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
oskartek

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

So oberst is in on this with you, right?

Happy flying, Oscar
Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: tinner1

I may get into trouble for letting out this helpful piece of inside information that the "main man" has told me to keep a secrete, but here goes...If you wear a tin foil hat shaped like the pyramids in Egypt, and keep it oriented correctly to the North pole, you won't have a problem with people walking around you and interfering with your 2.4 ghz radio link to your airplane. Please keep it under your hat....
Nope, doesn't work.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83119.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1680738  
Old 10-31-2011, 03:03 AM
tinner1

Sorry to disagree but you must not have oriented the pyramid correctly? I do this all the time at my field and have had no one come within 50 feet of me even when I'm not flying....LOL
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

A.M.A. stickers

Chics dig'em.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: foodstick

A.M.A. stickers

Chics dig'em.

They're great birth control for the ones who own them! The opposite sex won't come near you.....
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

hahaha, Come on Arup, don't tell me you aren't having good luck with that strategy !

I used to have the fancy stickers stacked up on the shelf, unsure what to do with them, finally I broke down and had the same idea as most..i stuck them on my flight box. I am not sure I fly better, but dang ! it looks like I know what I am doing , hahaah
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
init4fun

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Ive got a plane that actually flys better with half a roll of packaging tape holding the covering together .... It was too light and "floaty" before , , , but a couple of repaired dings took floaty right out of the equasion ............
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM
init4fun

ORIGINAL: ARUP

ORIGINAL: foodstick

A.M.A. stickers

Chics dig'em.

They're great birth control for the ones who own them! The opposite sex won't come near you.....
Beleive it or not , , ive had a few different girlfriends that were interested in my hobbies , , , especially RC ....... Once they realize that the rc plane (or car) will do EXACTLY what they tell it to do , unlike most men (me included) , , , , , theyre hooked !!!!