Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
D 10 --- Rich Hanson Campaign Statement >

D 10 --- Rich Hanson Campaign Statement

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

D 10 --- Rich Hanson Campaign Statement

Old 09-05-2003, 02:18 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D 10 --- Rich Hanson Campaign Statement

I am a supporter of Rich Hanson. While I generally do not put much stock in campaign statement's, Rich's represents my views of him quite well. Although he is uncontested in D 10, I urge all D 10 members to take the time to vote for him in a "vote of confidence" for his leadership.

JR

2003 Election Statements
District X Vice President

Richard Hanson, Incumbent
Scottsdale, Arizona

Over the past ten years Iíve had the privilege of serving the membership of AMA District X as your representative to the AMA Executive Council. As your District VP I have dedicated my efforts towards seeking out member issues, presenting your views before the Executive Council and supporting initiatives aimed at addressing member concerns. Iíve traveled throughout the district to meet with individual modelers and the local leaders of our AMA chartered clubs, and Iíve gained an extensive working knowledge of the local and regional issues challenging the existence and growth of this great sport/hobby.

The events of the past two years have presented uniquely new challenges for our hobby and have introduced a new set of threats to the existence and survival of model aviation. Though I strongly believe the number one issue facing the hobby remains the acquisition, retention and development of aeromodeling flying sites, concerns regarding homeland security and possible terrorist activity involving model aircraft have created significant indemnity and public/governmental relations issues.

As we continue into the 21st Century, AMA is faced with addressing and resolving these critical issues. Moreover, in meeting these challenges AMA must have effective leadership, a clear focus on its purpose and an innate vision for the future. Our success in achieving this vision depends greatly upon the participation of the individual modeler and the involvement of the local AMA charted clubs. As such, I will strive to elevate AMAís support for the local organizations and their involvement in this endeavor.

If aeromodeling is to survive we need strong and resolute leadership in our national organization and all of us must do our part. With your support, I pledge to continue advocating the interests of District X and will ardently endeavor for the preservation and advancement of model aviation.

Please Note: Per AMA policy, campaign statements are not edited by staff. Statements are published precisely as they are submitted by the candidates.