Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Pro-rated membership fees ??? >

Pro-rated membership fees ???

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Pro-rated membership fees ???

Old 09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pro-rated membership fees ???

ORIGINAL: Ogriv

Thanks J_R! Thats more of the response I was looking for. I have only made a few post, and have never received a response like I got from Matt. It appears that he represents only a few individuals with his opinion. For the rest of RCU I send a kind Thank you.
Okay, I'm lost here... I complained that it took over two days to get you an answer to a rather simple question that any self-proclaimed AMA expert should know, and I'm the bad guy??? How's that work?

I'm pretty sure I didn't attack you in any way shape or form. In fact, I answered your question correctly and courteously. Well... mostly correctly anyway I DID have 75% of it right, and I did make the mistake in your favor.

No, my beef is with the people here that are sooooo embroiled in their own little personal crusades that they can't see fit to take a few seconds and help out a new guy like you.

JoeR,
To make it PERFECTLY clear: I neither said, nor do I think that being critical of the AMA is a bad thing. Also, the prorated dues structure is good for NEW members only. If you screw up and don't renew, it's your fault. You either pay the full price and take your lumps, or don't fly until next year.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:12 PM
J_R

Matt

1. I have never claimed to be an AMA expert. I have been called an AMA basher, though.

2. I did post the answer for Ogriv over the weekend. There are many others on here that could do the same.

3. There is a period of time on RCU where all posts are still missing. According to the information posted on the Home Page of RCU on Monday, All the posts were expected to be restored within 48 hours. That still had not taken place. I am sure that it is not on the top of the priority list for RCU at the moment.

4. It was impossible for many people to post at all because of bugs in the RCU software beyond thier control.

5. You have been beating up RCU's customers all over the net, including in the bugs forum and on rec. models. rc. air , and gosh knows what other forums. That may make you feel better, but as a member of the RCU staff you are ailenating people. You are not just representing yourself anymore. If you need a release from the stress, take your shots at me. Heck, if you don't want to do it publicly, e-mail me. I only hope you don't treat your real life customers in the hobby shop the way you are doing RCU's.

Matt, take a deep breath. Everything will be OK. I view you as an AMA supporter and, normally, a helpful individual on the net. Quit taking all of RCU's problems as personal. It may take a while, but it really will be OK. We all like you, honest.

JR
Old 09-10-2003, 05:11 PM

Since AMA memberships end in December every year, when do most here apply for the next years membership? Just out of curiosity.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Banned

Just renew every year with no lapse...no issue
Old 09-10-2003, 06:37 PM
J_R

The_Matrix

The AMA sends out renewal notices.... along with ballots... starting in the middle of Septemember. Your AMA license runs until the end of the year. I think the driving force to renew early is clubs. Most clubs will require you to have a current AMA license on January 1. If you wait until toward the end of the year, you get into the "rush" period for the AMA. It can take 2 weeks, or more, to get your new card back. The wise thing to do is renew as soon as possible after recieving the renewal notice.

Now, back to that other thing... the ballot. IF you are in an area were your electing a District VP this year, you will also recieve a ballot with your renewal notice. DO NOT SEND THE BALLOT BACK TO AMA HEADQUARTERS ALONG WITH YOUR RENEWAL. It must be sent to the accounting firm that counts the ballots, or it does not count. I believe that the ballot is postpaid.

This year, only the even numbered Districts are electing VP's and all others will have nothing to vote on. In the other two years of the election cycle, the national offices of President and Executive Vice-President are voted on, along with the odd numbered District VP's, and as a result, everyone gets a ballot. I am assuming you are in North Carolina, and thus in District IV. If so, you will recieve a ballot showing Bliss Teague as the unopposed incumbent.

Your other choice would be to write-in the individual of your choice. If you choose to write in a name, also supply and AMA number, if possible, so that if you mis-spell the name, there is no doubt who you intended to cast your ballot for.

ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT SEND YOUR BALLOT TO HQ. Two years ago, over 10,000 ballots were pitched out because they were sent to HQ. MAIL YOUR BALLOT IMMEDIATELY, before you set it aside and never vote. Your renewal does not have to go in at the same time.

JR
Old 09-10-2003, 07:00 PM

Matt,

You wrote:
Please stop making assumptions and causing more misinformation to be spread around. Surely people will read your post and believe that that is how the AMA works.

These were the first lines of your first post. I appologize for taking them the wrong way.

No harm done. Thank you for posting an answer to my question.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:06 PM

Then how come the other "regulars" in this group saw fit to continue business as usual in several other threads? People have been posting here right along, so don't tell me that this rather simple and benign AMA question got ignored because of the big change. It's because these supposed AMA "experts" DID NOT KNOW THE ANSWER!
Thats a crock and you know it-Many of us could NOT post at all!
you've been beating the crud out of the "whiners" everywhere on the net-"Can't you do without RCU for a couple of days?"-and when they are forced to do so, you belittle them again? and you're in CHARGE of this mess, with the power of life/death?
Hooo-boy!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: rw Guinn
Thats a crock and you know it-Many of us could NOT post at all!
you've been beating the crud out of the "whiners" everywhere on the net-"Can't you do without RCU for a couple of days?"-and when they are forced to do so, you belittle them again? and you're in CHARGE of this mess, with the power of life/death?
Hooo-boy!
Just FYI, I'm not in charge of anything. Another bug in the new system has me, and most all of the moderators, showing up as "Administrator." It was a choice of making everyone honorary Admins, or having total chaos. I'm still the mere moderator of a single forum, though I was tempted to wield my temporary admin powers on this thread...

Many could not post at all, but many others could, and did. Obviously, if you couldn't post, you have a legitimate reason for not responding to this simple question, and you have no reason to be offended by my statements.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt,
Ease up a bit guy! Those of us who DID post were testing things and playing all sorts of games to do so. It is easier to do so with short stuff that does not need the careful attention this one did.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Looks like you still got the chaos...
Old 09-11-2003, 07:14 AM

...and I'm presuming one of you guys here gave me a negative score. Ya shure put me in my place, don't cha know! ROFL
Old 09-11-2003, 07:41 AM

Abel

here is a link to the glider incident I was referring to

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_44.../tm.htm#444144
Old 09-11-2003, 09:47 AM

Crashem-
Thanks for the link. I had written "As idiotic as some court decisions have been, it would surprise me if the guy accused of the shootdown would be held liable unless it it could be shown that his action was intentional, or at least grossly negligent."
Well, so I am surprised. The stupidity one finds in our civil court sytem is simply amazing.

Abel