Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Good for another two years .....

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Good for another two years .....

Old 02-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
I think this is a great idea , automatic renewals , as yet another "convienence option" for folks to consider . CJ does make a good point about security , but then again It's to the point that if a dedicated hacker wants something , be it national security secrets or an AMA mender's account info , well they're gonna get it . Nothing is "hack proof" and the world can't base It's decisions on "well what if a hacker steals it" .

That is for certain! Since last October, I have fought a real battle with the b@$T@rd$. They wrecked my computer set-up. If someone wants to and they have the "confuser" savvy, they can take whatever they want. Just this AM one of the news channels I listen at was telling of some Eastern Europe set-ups that are for one thing and that is computer hacking, USA! Being rather political, someone may have wanted to hush me up, or maybe just AMA!
Old 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow , So here it is , 2017 and I just again did the two year signup . Just think , if four years ago (in 2013 when I originally opened this thread) I had been able to do a 5 year signup , I'd still have one year to go

And posters wise ? Man O man how four years have changed the landscape ....
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 AM
init4fun

And so , since two more years have passed , today I renewed for another two .

Of interesting note , there is an election for AMA president this year , and not a peep here at the AMA forum about it ...

Last edited by init4fun; 09-18-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:39 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

And so , since two more years have passed , today I renewed for another two .

Of interesting note , there is an election for AMA president this year , and not a peep here at the AMA forum about it ...
It would be a complete waste of time. There are really only 8 or so guys that ever contribute to the AMA forum and most times what gets posted is negitive in nature. AMA making a public announcement either here or on RCG would be nothing more then taking a broom to a hornets nest, it would be that same 6 guys crying about how awful the AMA is. Yesterday I started a thread over on RCG on who I had hoped would be elected AMA president and urged guys to check him out. Big mistake, two pages of chest beating.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:31 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

It would be a complete waste of time. There are really only 8 or so guys that ever contribute to the AMA forum and most times what gets posted is negitive in nature. AMA making a public announcement either here or on RCG would be nothing more then taking a broom to a hornets nest, it would be that same 6 guys crying about how awful the AMA is. Yesterday I started a thread over on RCG on who I had hoped would be elected AMA president and urged guys to check him out. Big mistake, two pages of chest beating.

I do not post to , nor even read , rc goofs (ever since I caught an HK shill red handed and had the audacity to point him out in open forum , much to Jim Bourke's dismay) . So , since you mentioned it and since I'm not going to rcg to find out who you had hoped would be elected AMA president , why don't you tell me here who you think would be good for the job ? I personally know not a single one of the three listed candidates on the ballot and thus really don't have any particular favorites among them . I do see my ballot does have a spot for a write in vote (Hey , don't laugh , Horrace Cain won a write in campaign back in the 1980s if I recall correctly) , so i'd like to hear about your candidate , before I have to vote for MY favorite cartoon character , Fred Flintstone , , , again ...
Old 09-18-2019, 01:59 PM
speedracerntrixie

Apparently due to AMA bylaws only 3 candidates can openly run. This seems to favor the incumbent president who is Rich Hansen. Mark Radcliff has openly thrown his hat in the ring as a write in. Mark has a business management degree, is a full scale pilot with some experience with FAA communication and a long time modeler. From what I can see, he appears ready to admit that changes need to be made. I'm not attempting to convince anyone to vote for Mark but rather do your own reserch on all 4 candidates and vote for whom you think may take the AMA in the direction you want the organization to go.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM
init4fun

Thank You for the tip , I'd like to hear more about Mark Radcliff , do you have a link to his campaign statement ? (hopefully it isn't at rcg )

I believe that if a person meets all the other criteria for running for AMA president , and wants to run , the number of people on the ballot should not be used as a means to eliminate him (or her) ...
Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM
speedracerntrixie

Old 09-18-2019, 06:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

That's because most members don't vote or, for that matter, care. Many have said, in another thread, that the only reason they are members is the club they joined requires membership in the AMA just to fly at the club field.
Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Not going negative on this one. I think your choice would be a definite improvement over what's in office now. Someone that understands business is really what's needed rather than someone that has an agenda that they want to push(aka indoor flying facility, for one). The only issue I see is what the rest of the officer board will allow him to do, if elected
Old 09-18-2019, 06:30 PM
speedracerntrixie

Thanks Hydro. I do agree with your thoughts here. The idea that allegedly the EC had a closed door vote to decide what 3 guys were going to run left a really bad taste in my mouth. Change is not going to happen without that first step and I think Mark could be that step, the others certainly are not, at least that is what I see.