Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Club bylaw wording needed

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Club bylaw wording needed

Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 AM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club bylaw wording needed

At our last club meeting there was a motion to change the bylaws to give serving club officers their membership gratias.

Now we just need draft the wording for a new bylaw to move this keep this motion moving forward. I'm hoping some members of clubs that have this provision can pull that section of their bylaws and either post it here or send to me so we can have an idea on how to word this.

Can PM me or send email to scott(at)allrcflight(dot)com

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Last edited by SDR-Hammer; 04-20-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jetero RC is going to rewrite their Bylaws. I will be assisting there as I wrote the original ones in Mar/Apr. 1995. They are definitely in need of an upgrade.
AMA has on the web. some suggestions. Check those out. AMA also has a "Requirement for the Operation of Remote Control (RC) Aircraft at Full Scale Airshows." I printed off a copy but don't have the web addresses. You can check them out, 6 pages. Many good ideas there for a Club's Bylaws. Just remember that Bylaws are not worth their paper if the Officers are too timid to enforce those Bylaws.

Last edited by Hossfly; 04-29-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Some info not needed.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:27 AM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Cain is correct about the enforcement of by-laws and the AMA having suggestions for by-laws for clubs. Mr Cain may recall the year that the AMA had some by-law suggestions done up by some law school. I forget the issue that had the AMA seek out a law schools help. It was something hot at the time. There is many good folks that have worked very hard at local clubs to make them work. Horrace is one of those folks.
The way these things go in my experience is a club is doing well and someone comes along that has no idea of the hard work involved in making a club work, keeping the field, and making sure some well meaning person don't comes along and screws up the work of years. By-laws are made to protect the club and the membership. Now, if I understand right. Your club is entertaining a idea of a by-law change to allow serving officer free membership. I know what would happen with the bunch I fly with. That proposal would find itself where the sun don't shine.
Most clubs come to their end by over complicating things. Check with the AMA and get their by-law suggestions. Pretty simple