Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is a drone what size are they
Old 06-11-2015, 01:44 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
You keep saying someone should stop the drones and you don't know what they are? And you have yet to say what you think should be done about drones.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:58 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

ira d i know what a drone is for all the people who say things about the drones no one has a way to stop them why not? all is done is talk about them >> talk talk is all i ever see i dont care what happens to them>> what ever i say i get shot down>>
Old 06-11-2015, 02:07 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a Blast just Google "FAA definition of a Drone" and this is what ya get.

About 210,000 results (0.51 seconds)

[h=2]Search Results[/h]
  1. [h=3]Unmanned Aircraft Systems - Federal Aviation Administration[/h]https://www.faa.gov/uas/

Federal Aviation Administration

May 6, 2015 - FAA Kicks Off "No Drone Zone" Effort for D.C. Area ... is challenging for both the FAA and aviation community, because the U.S. has the busiest, ...Model Aircraft Operations Limits - ‎Section 333 - ‎Regulations & Policies - ‎COA

2. [h=3](UAS) Frequently Asked Questions - Federal Aviation ...[/h]https://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/

Please review these questions and answers and the Unmanned Aircraft Factsheet (PDF). After reading the information on these pages, if you do not find the ...

3. [h=3]Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Regulations & Policies[/h]https://www.faa.gov/.../regulations_polic...

FAA Legal Interpretations on Unmanned Aircraft Systems. New Media Use of ... Forms. FAA Form 8130-6, Application for U.S. Airworthiness Certificate (PDF) ...

4. [h=3]Drone Law Journal[/h]dronelawjournal.com/

Dec 14, 2013 - Although the FAA asserts that all FARs apply todrones, in the NTSB's .... it abundantly clear that the definitionapplies only to Section 336 itself.

5. [h=3]That Toy Is Now a Drone, Says the FAA - IEEE Spectrum[/h]spectrum.ieee.org/.../aviation/that-toy-is-now-a-drone-say...

IEEE Spectrum

Jun 27, 2014 - This week's FAA notice not only reiterates theFAA's position that the definition of “model aircraft” requires that the flying be only for recreation, ...

6. [h=3]Drones vs. Radio-Controlled Aircraft: A Look at the Differences[/h]rcflightline.com/drones-vs-radio-controlled-aircraft-a-look-at-the-differe...

Although Congress has given the FAA until September 30, 2015 to assimilate ... DIY Drones echoes this definition; claiming that UAVs have the capacity for ...

7. [h=3]The FAA and sUAVs/Drone Rules UPDATED - ProVideo ...[/h]www.provideocoalition.com › Production

ProVideo Coalition

May 16, 2015 - According to Peter Sachs, Esq. of the DroneLaw Journal blog, these .... Geraghty further noted that the FAAdoesn't actually define or even talk ...

8. [h=3]NTSB sides with FAA in fight over drone definition | TheHill[/h]thehill.com/.../224537-ntsb-sides-with-faa-in-fight-over-drone-d...

The Hill

Nov 18, 2014 - The NTSB is siding with the FAA in a fight over the legal definition of drones.

9. [h=3]What You Need To Know About The FAA's New Drone Rules[/h]www.popsci.com/new-faa-proposed-drone-rules-are-big-...

Popular Science

Feb 16, 2015 - Technical, legal, and definition-based challenges hobbled their efforts ... In addition, the FAA proposed a sort of drone operator license with the ...

10. [h=3]Drone groups challenge FAA definition of hobbyists[/h]www.usatoday.com/story/money/.../faa-drone.../14568609/

USA Today

Aug 25, 2014 - Commercial drone pilots, model-aircraft hobbyists and university researchers are challenging a Federal Aviation Administration rule that ...

[HR][/HR]

[h=2][/h]
  1. [h=3]What Is Droned‎[/h]Adwww.wow.com/What+Is+Droned‎
    Search for What Is Droned Look Up Quick Results Now!
  2. [h=3]Drones FAA‎[/h]Adwww.about.com/Drones+FAA
    3.6 rating for about.com
    Search for Drones FAA. Find Expert Advice on About.com.
    100+ Topics · Trending News · Trusted Guide
    About.com has 518,566 followers on Google+
  3. [h=3]Define Drone‎[/h]Addefine.webcrawler.com/‎
    Search for Define Drone With 100's of Results at WebCrawler

[h=3]Searches related to FAA definition of a drone[/h]faa drone list
faa drone map
faa drone real estate
faa drone ruling

faa drone test sites
faa drone ban
faa drone photography
drone faa hollywood

Old 06-11-2015, 02:09 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Now we can get back to vilifying "drone" pilots like intended...we all know how bad "all them" guys are...
Damn straight...ever since I got a DJI Phantom 2 last year, I don't even want to be in a club that would let a guy like me in it...

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 06-11-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

ira d i know what a drone is for all the people who say things about the drones no one has a way to stop them why not? all is done is talk about them >> talk talk is all i ever see i dont care what happens to them>> what ever i say i get shot down>>
No Oneaew: you won't get shot down, but if you don't know what they are, why are you reading about and posting comments? The reason we are talking about this issue is " it involves Safe Flying of R/C Aircraft which includes Drones. Some of the people that buy these Drones are complying with the Safety Regulations and some are NOT! They are violating these rules that are written and posted by the AMA and the FAA, and I don't know exactly why," but we don't more restrictions on all of us, with the careless act's of a few people". That is why we are discussing this issue. A Drone is a multi blade copter, helicopter,, if you wish, some have 4 propellers some have six propellers or more,, and they all require a battery, most used are Lithium Polymer batteries, sorry for the spelling, but this is what we are discussing

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 06-12-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:17 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
Damn straight...ever since I got a DJI Phantom 2 last year, I don't even want to be in a club that would let a guy like me in it...
With people with your mentality, I understand why they won't let you join. They don't need you and do not want to loose their Charter.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:25 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
No Oneaew: you won't get shot down, but if you don't know what they are, why are you reading about and posting comments? The reason we are talking about this issue is " it involves Safe Flying of R/C Aircraft which includes Drones. Some of the people that buy these Drones are complying with the Safety Regulations and some are NOT! They are violating these rules that are written and posted by the AMA and the FAA, and I don't know exactly why," but we don't more restrictions on all of us, with the careless act's of a few people". That is why we are discussing this issue. A Drone is a multi blade copter, helicopter,, if you wish, some have 4 propellers some have six propellers or more,, and they all require a battery, most used are Lithium Polimier batteries, sorry for the spelling, but this is what we are discussing
FAA considers anything UN maned Radio controlled or autonomous flying in the NAS a DRONE. That includes all flying R/C TOY's.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:28 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Not if the model just bounces off the plane, which is likely.
Sport: Do you actually think that the FAA will just shrug it off, OH, another Drone hit another Airliner, oh well, no big deal. Hell he was only 4 miles from the Airport at 2500 ft. Are you convinced this is what will happen when it doe's happen?.
Pilot to FAA controller" ah, we had one of them drones hit our windshear,and I'm looking at it right now" .
Pilot to FAA controller," Ah, seems we lost #2 engine for some reason, don't know why, can you advise?
Yes, I have take my chill pill, now I'm ready.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:31 PM
HoundDog

With people with your mentality, I understand why they won't let you join. They don't need you and do not want to loose their Charter.
Looks Like this is getting PERSONAL again Shame Shame
Old 06-11-2015, 02:45 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by HoundDog
FAA considers anything UN maned Radio controlled or autonomous flying in the NAS a DRONE. That includes all flying R/C TOY's.
HD: you are correct, I just wanted to mention to oneaew,what a Drone is, seems he has never heard of them.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:51 PM
VF84sluggo

Yep, I guess the rest of the club is a bunch of idiots for electing me as pres...so much for my attempt at humor

EDIT: Some apparently didn't get my play on the Groucho Marx 'refuse to be a member of a club that would take a guy like me' comment...so, just for clarification, I am a member of an AMA-sanctioned club, have served as president and safety officer...but I sadly confess I have a 'drone', and what's worse, I even like it. The shame of it all. And, and for just a little more clarification for a poster in this thread, the DJI is an addition to my two turbine jets, my Hellcat, Pulse XT, T-28...all of which have flown at our AMA and US Navy sanctioned field...and I've yet to be thrown out.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 06-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:04 PM
FLAPHappy

Yep, I guess the rest of the club is a bunch of idiots for electing me as pres...so much for my attempt at humor
Sluggo: Maybe I miss read your post??? So they elected you as Pres. Good for you. So how is that working out for you?
Old 06-11-2015, 03:13 PM
VF84sluggo

Sluggo: Maybe I miss read your post??? So they elected you as Pres. Good for you. So how is that working out for you?
It's worked out quite well; thanks for asking! We had some good jet events, but tightened USN security has made it impossible to hold one now.

My reply was targeted at LCS's comment about 'getting back to vilifying drone pilots', which I found the dry humor in it entertaining. Seems like there is a preconceived notion that if you fly one of those dastardly "drones" you must be some kind of renegade, perhaps even a member of an outlaw biker gang...if even that high on the Junior Leaguer's social scale.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 06-11-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:18 PM
ira d

Let's hear what you see is the problems with drones and what you think should or can be done about them, You keep saying all people do is talk but what have you brought to the table in
the way of solutions?
Old 06-11-2015, 03:40 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by ira d
Let's hear what you see is the problems with drones and what you think should or can be done about them, You keep saying all people do is talk but what have you brought to the table in
the way of solutions?
Nothing wrong with DRONES or Cars Guns, boats ect. It's the people (IDIOTs) that misuse Them. Until we convince the News Media, Public and the FAA/NTSB see that These people (IDIOTS) that Misuse R/C TOY's (DRONES) are to be dealt with as individuals and not blame the whole R/C Community. I thought we all new this to be fact.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:56 PM
BobbyMcGee

Will the OP please correct the spelling on the title of this thread? It drives me nuts!

Wrong ---> Another Drone Pilot doe's it Again

Correct ---> Another drone pilot does it again

Thank you ...
Old 06-11-2015, 05:15 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
Will the OP please correct the spelling on the title of this thread? It drives me nuts!

Thank you ...
Funny thing , when I first saw it , I thought the OP was going for "Doh!" , like Homer Simpson would say , rather than "does" .
Old 06-11-2015, 05:20 PM
HoundDog

[h=2][/h]Thank you ...
[h=2]West Verginna spl'n >>> anutt'r Dron Pie-lot dune her a gin.[/h]
Old 06-11-2015, 05:20 PM
HoundDog

oops dun her twise

Last edited by HoundDog; 06-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 PM
ira d

Nothing wrong with DRONES or Cars Guns, boats ect. It's the people (IDIOTs) that misuse Them. Until we convince the News Media, Public and the FAA/NTSB see that These people (IDIOTS) that Misuse R/C TOY's (DRONES) are to be dealt with as individuals and not blame the whole R/C Community. I thought we all new this to be fact.
I agree with you in part, But my post that you quoted was in response to oneaew who is always saying that someone should do something about drones but never says what. As for
convincing the FAA/NTSB as to who does what I think they pretty much know that already. I think the FAA reads this forum also but I do feel the AMA could do more in the
public relations area.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:47 AM
FLAPHappy

Thank you ...
Bobby: you are correct. I do not spell words very well, but I do get my point across. I tried to edit the title but can not. If someone knows how, let me know.I tried highlighting the title, won't work. I do not know if I can edit the title?

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 06-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:11 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you ...
I have corrected the title of this thread. The OP of any thread can change make changes to title of their thread, but only within the first 60 days of when the first post was made, after that they cannot change the post. This has been a standard setting for RCU from day one of our site. However, if members need something changed after the 60 day timeout they can request from a Moderator, Community Moderator, or Administrator to make those changes for them. As a foot note, to change the title of the thread the OP needs to edit the first post of the thread and then click on the button titled "Go Advanced" which will bring up a screen that will allow him to edit the title of the thread.

Also, while I am here. Some of you may notice that some posts here have gone away. Some members have decided to attack others based upon what has gone on at other RC sites on the web. First, attacking members in the thread is off topic and isn't allowed. Second, attacking or trolling members is off topic and won't be allowed here. Third, what goes on at other sites has no bearing here at RCU and won't be taken into consideration in any manner. However, if I see members continue to stalk or troll other members in an open thread like this again I can assure that those doing this won't be happy with the results as I can make their time here not very pleasant. RCU is a place to come where we can discuss important issues that effect our hobby. We are all supposed to be adults here, however some members want to behave like this is a playground at an elementary school. If you can't come here and discuss these issues like a mature adult then I would suggest you avoid coming here at all. Because if I see any more if the same crap that I removed I will take actions and the persons/people doing it will not like the end results. Now for those not involved in this I apologize that this was necessary, but unfortunately some people just don't seem to get the message any other way.

Ken
Old 06-12-2015, 07:15 AM
HoundDog

[h=1]DIY drones are coming: assemble in 30 minutes, use it for almost anything you can imagine[/h]http://qz.com/426010/diy-drones-are-...u-can-imagine/
Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

DIY drones are coming: assemble in 30 minutes, use it for almost anything you can imagine

http://qz.com/426010/diy-drones-are-...u-can-imagine/
You going to get one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.