Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Old 12-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jzrf6c;12150179]Some people need to get there heads out of their "...battery hatch" and use some common sense. This, common sense, seems to be lacking in a lot of people these days.
If you check the rules the FAA came up with you'll see that as of December 21, 2015 you can not even sell your UAS to someone else without filling the appropriate FAA forms.

Registration is the first form of control and that's what the FAA wants. Its like the old "sand lot days" when we didn't have any baseballs to play with. Then along came Johnny and said If you want to play ball and use my ball we'll use my rules or I'll take my ball and go home! In this case the ball is the sky for you that cannot get the pun.[/QUOTE}

Actually, they are proposing rules that allow you to sell at any time., You just have to remove the sticker, that's it!
Old 12-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by bokuda View Post
Perhaps in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, but here on Earth it is.
When all else fails, read the directions:

Q5. Do I have to register my UAS immediately? Is there a grace period?
If you operated your UAS before Dec. 21, 2015, you have until February 19, 2016 to register your UAS. If you purchase your UAS after Dec. 21, 2015, you must register before you operate it outdoors.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/
Old 12-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C View Post
We need to register all birds weighing more than .55 lbs!
If you actually read the link I posted you'd understand how much damage even a small 3lb bird can do.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:16 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by bokuda View Post
This jerk was flying over houses in a neighborhood on the first flight with his new toy. Most likely it was a cheap Radio Shack piece of junk with limited range. I''d wager that the genius pilot neither read the instructions nor registered as he was supposed to do. In short, he was operating in an unsafe manner.

If you can't see that, I can't 'splain it to ya.

And, no, it won't stop fly aways. It also will not stop idiots from flying them away.

These kinds of incidents are what will result in all r/c flying being banned.

With that, I withdraw from these drone discussions. They have all become peeing matches with most people refusing to read and accept that these rules are in effect or just do not understand what they read.
If you can't handle a discussion where everyone doesn't agree with everything you say, it's probably best to withdraw as you have done. I suspect you'll be back though...don't miss out on the fun!
Old 12-28-2015, 03:28 AM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

If you want to see the FAA's position this is the complete document. To the right side of this webpage you will find a link to comment on this IFR (interim final rule). Comment period is only open for roughly two more weeks. I strongly encourage every modeler to participate.

After reading this document it looks like the FAA believes the registration of all model aircraft is not contrary to the provisions of Public Law 112-95 Section 336.

If you read the 336 bit alone it doesn't present the full story, nor the current position of the FAA. I now understand why the AMA is fighting the FAA.

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...anned-aircraft
Old 12-28-2015, 04:16 AM
lonestoner

It really sucks that due to reckless quad drone flying that we all have to register.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:17 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
I registered here with the FAA http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

I don't believe there is a Place to register (R/C TOYs (Drones) Is there?

Please tell me where I go to REGISTER my new Quadcopter (DRONE) I just got for Xmas
I have no clue just what your trying to say. Here's the rule in black and white from the website.

If you operated your UAS before Dec. 21, 2015, you have until February 19, 2016 to register your UAS. If you purchase your UAS after Dec. 21, 2015, you must register before you operate it outdoors.

Mike
Old 12-28-2015, 05:42 AM
pedsnurse

you still have register.. I found that out ( I have over 20 airplanes, helicopters much to my wife's complaints,,,, )
Old 12-28-2015, 05:42 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by bokuda
Perhaps in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, but here on Earth it is.

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
It is not mandatory till the 19th of Feb, except for new models.
What's Mandatory? I Already registered my Self so I can fly old or new. In Spite of the way things read on the different EAA sites they aren't registering R/C Toys. They are REGISTERING YOU.

Please show me any new Regs. Rules, Laws the FAA has made that concern R/C Toys. (Models). So what is the AMA suing the FAA For they haven't made any Rules, FAR's or Laws that weren't all ready there. The Interpretation of said laws ma not be to everyone's liking. But the FAA is the final word Like it or Not. If the AMA doesn't realize that we dodged a bullet then they should be Put Out to Pasture.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:51 AM
pedsnurse

my aircraft weigh in the 2 - 3 pound class. I fly , 40 -- .90 and 3 cell electric and the new regs over .1/2 pound in flying configuration. since all rc airplanes ( like ) mine are un manned ( cant get inside ) we have to register. I don't like it, and will sponsor any one to get rid of this rule. my planes are not quad copters and they are always in line of sight.... I think the FAA over reached when it went to regulate rc airplanes and helicopters.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:52 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I registered here with the FAAhttp://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

I don't believe there is a Place to register (R/C TOYs (Drones) Is there?

Please tell me where I go to REGISTER my new Quadcopter (DRONE) I just got for Xmas

Originally Posted by rcmiket View Post
I have no clue just what your trying to say. Here's the rule in black and white from the website.

This is Bogus because the FAA is not Registering R/C Toys but Registering PEOPLE
only.

If you operated your UAS before Dec. 21, 2015, you have until February 19, 2016 to register your UAS. PLZ tell me, Where do I register my UAS? If you purchase your UAS after Dec. 21, 2015, you must register before you operate it outdoors.

Mike
OK! give me a URL to where I Register my new Plane Show me a place to register any R/C TOY. There is none. The FAA has only required the Registration of People that intend to fly an R/C Toy in the NAS for fun. Besides there ins't even a NPRM with a comment period yet issued. If so show me.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:55 AM
pedsnurse

www.faa.gov/uas
Old 12-28-2015, 05:56 AM
Rvander
My Feedback: (81)

Funny thing. Registration does nothing. Just saw my neighbor.. He knows I fly giant scale.. Bought his 14 year old a pretty nice quad.. Since he isn't a modeler.. Had no idea of registration.. Yeah his dad heard of stuff on TV but didnt think it applied to toy. So for all who ***** on this.. If you register.. It's just you giving your info to govt.. It doesn't help anyone in anyway period! I educated the neighbor .. Registration won't educate anyone! I see it as.. Make real modelers register.. Hope some dont.. Hit them with fines.. And also take taxpayer money to pay for the 3rd party organization that's running and keeping up the registration database. It's comepletely worthless!!! If it was any other past time.. NASCAR, nfl football.. There would be no discussions.. Cause it's all about money.. Even if you don't see it.. It's there..
Old 12-28-2015, 06:00 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by pedsnurse View Post
my aircraft weigh in the 2 - 3 pound class. I fly , 40 -- .90 and 3 cell electric and the new regs over .1/2 pound in flying configuration. since all rc airplanes ( like ) mine are un manned ( cant get inside ) we have to register. I don't like it, and will sponsor any one to get rid of this rule. my planes are not quad copters and they are always in line of sight.... I think the FAA over reached when it went to regulate rc airplanes and helicopters.
We all understand your frustration but You are preaching to the choir here. U know what there ain't a thing U me or any one here can do but (Belly Ache) about it. Better off accepting the Registration of PILOTS for FREE than what the FAA could and will do if they get any CRAP from people, The FAA is GOD when it comes to the NAS and anyone who doesn't believe that is living in a vacuum.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:02 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
It is not mandatory till the 19th of Feb, except for new models.
What is not mandatory STOP Using Pro Nouns so your train of thought or show the previous post To which U are refering PLZ....
BULL If U register U can fly anything New or OLD. if it meets the proper criteria.The FAA is not registering R/C TOYS PERIOD If I'm wrong show me PLZ.

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-28-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:21 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by Rvander View Post
Funny thing. Registration does nothing. Just saw my neighbor.. He knows I fly giant scale.. Bought his 14 year old a pretty nice quad.. Since he isn't a modeler.. Had no idea of registration.. Yeah his dad heard of stuff on TV but didnt think it applied to toy. So for all who ***** on this.. If you register.. It's just you giving your info to govt.. It doesn't help anyone in anyway period! I educated the neighbor .. Registration won't educate anyone! I see it as.. Make real modelers register.. Hope some dont.. Hit them with fines.. And also take taxpayer money to pay for the 3rd party organization that's running and keeping up the registration database. It's comepletely worthless!!! If it was any other past time.. NASCAR, nfl football.. There would be no discussions.. Cause it's all about money.. Even if you don't see it.. It's there..
I keep seeing this empty statement, but not one person yet has been able to clearly explain this, can you? Skip the mumbo jumbo to about if it's not there it's still there stuff.

How is this a money maker? Who makes the money? Etc etc. ?
Old 12-28-2015, 06:25 AM
HoundDog

U are compleatly correct the Know B 4 U FLy.is about the onl thing put out by the govrnment. The problem none of the alphabet soup AMA, FAA, NTSB. DOT nor the News media has made it perfectly clear (they always stop short) of a full explanation that it is Required to Register "U" as the Owner/Operator not the R/C TOY before U fly any R/C toy in the NAS for fun or education. All sellers should be required to give a Verbal and written comprehensive detailed picture of the registration of the Owner/Operator's responsibility to be registered. Why aren't they doing that. Bet half of the AMA members don't realize they must be Registered not their Models.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:47 AM
philakapd

I registered on December 22. $5.00 was taken from my account.
It's been six days. When do I get my $5.00 credit back?
Do I need to place a grievance with my credit card company and report the FAA?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:53 AM
HoundDog

In this therad at this time
A Belated Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Now stop wasting time ad go Fly your DRONES
while we still can.

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-28-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:59 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by philakapd View Post
Hey it's the GOVrnEMnts wait fer'em thys gots lots on theres plats ifin Ya knows wats I's means... don'ts be russin'em
Old 12-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by philakapd View Post

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/
Old 12-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Where exactly is the money? Please explain.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:36 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

New York City FSDO Contact the Office

• Address:

990 Stewart Avenue
    Suite 630
    Garden City, NY 11530-4858Manager: Joe DiPalmo TAKE IT UP WITH JOE see what he says. Email Joe and tell him your feelings I dare ya.
    Phone: (516) 228-8029, Fax516) 228-8827

Email the Office

Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
    Office hours by appointment only

[HR][/HR]
    • New York City FSDO Service Area Map (PDF)
    • Feedback Form
    • Directions to FSDO:

From John F. Kennedy International Airport

Belt Parkway EAST to
      Southern Parkway EAST to
      Exit 22N Meadowbrook Parkway NORTH
      Take Meadowbrook to Exit M3W
      At light make a right onto Stewart Ave

We are at: 990 Stewart Ave
      (1/2 Mile to first large building on the left)
Why would I call the NYC FSDO manager??? You dare me to talk to someone? ummmm.........I would be happy to tell ANYONE at the FAA that I am already an AMA member with my information already on my planes; infact more info than what the FAA is requiring and that I will pass on the less than pointless registration. They also have my info as I have my private ticket. Why would I be scared to call the FAA out on a ridiculous, kneejerk registration process that does nothing to help keep the NAS safe?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:41 AM
mike1974

Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
What's the beef with HK? I've had exceptionally good results with their components.
So did I until I had both my Turnigy 3s 5000mah packs drop a cell during FPV flight within a week of each other. I use Glacier batteries now and have had no problems. Great batteries!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:52 AM
vertical grimmace

In this therad at this time
A Belated Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Now stop wasting time ad go Fly your DRONES
while we still can.
Merry Christmas to you as well. It is 0 degrees here, so if I can keep my shop warm, I will be spending the next week there. I want to get out to my club field, and may once before my time off buns out, especially if it warms up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.