Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:07 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Umm let's see now..
ALWAYS critical of EVERY move...[teenagers commonly blame their parents of this]. The commentary here from a select few is proof of what I say, you can't dispute that. You are part of the select few based on your own comments.
Always critical AFTER the fact......[pretty hard to be critical BEFORE the fact]. But what was being done before the fact, were those people involved at all? Nope.
but don't know how to be heard....[this is beneath comment]. It's hard to face reality isn't it. Proof of this has been laid out by non other than Franklin....see below
Unable to follow simple instructions....[more hyperbolic dysentery]. Nope, just cold hard facts. The guy who flew multi million dollar aircraft and wanted to "help" the AMA and notes how many thousands of dollars he charges for his consultant work absolutely unconditionally failed to follow a simple process of filling out a form. One form. He couldn't do it. Didn't know how to, or I suspect didn't want to because he could get more mileage complaining about it. In either case, a failure of epic proportions, only insofar as how much he complains about the AMA. Cold hard facts my friend, no dysentery at all.

Above in blue
Old 11-29-2015, 07:30 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
I didn't single you out specifically, but I have yet to see anything even remotely positive that you have written about the AMA, or anything they have done. Franklin has stepped up his nonstop barrage of criticisms, again after the fact, as well. No objectivity whatsoever, his commentary made all the more bizarre (and telling), when he admitted he failed to follow proper protocol in asking the AMA for help. The guy that goes on nonstop about his military career, and how many thousands of dollars a day he charges to help companies, all the rules and regs and protocols he works with, and it turns out he couldn't fill a simple form out. Absolutely amazing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they need to be, or should be glorified for everything they do, there isn't one person here who has done that.

But again, I notice you didn't answer the question. Since the name callers here made a funny, and you got a great laugh out of it, what would be the equivalent to label those folks who do nothing but criticize and second guess the AMA, never have a single positive thing to say about them, and also are not involved with them in any meaningful way. Gloom Club? Doom and Gloomers? Debbie Downers? Do as I say not as I doers?

Not so easy to have some self awareness and attach a label to oneself is it?

I'm not going to answer a ridiculous question like that. Why would "non-fans" of AMA policies form a Glee Club? Since you were the one that the "name callers" made "the funny" about why don't you name the club?
Now as far as my take on the overall operation of the AMA goes. I'd give them a A- grade for "pre-drone" day to day Post "drone" a F.
As far as Franklin's take on this whole thing I think he's on target with his assessment of the situation and his argument has been pretty much straight forward along with being a accurate assessment of what has transpired. They guy has "real world" experience that relates to the whole situation. IMO.
You don't agree with either one of us anyway so what's the point?

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I ( among others) have really only one issue with the AMA. It all started when they got in bed with the "droners" and decided to go all in with them.

What's your definition of a droner?

Since then I've seen no reason to be happy with that move and it's been one thing after another during this mess. So I don't thing it's fair to say we criticize there "every move".

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:11 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jatoRC
I don't care if an RC aircraft has fixed wings, 2 rotors, 4 rotors or 8, they should all be treated the same, period.
No one will argue against this , cause all RC aircraft should be treated the same regardless of the physical configuration of the machine .

BUT !!!!!

Once flown beyond line of sight , it is NO LONGER AN RC AIRCRAFT AS DEFINED IN AMA DOC #550 AND IS NOW WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD CALLS , you guessed it ! A DRONE !!!!! And YES SIR , beyond line of sight aircraft , RC or not , MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD be subject to different regulation than the "traditionally flown" LOS model aircraft .

Any of you beyond LOS flyers that don't understand the above are in one Hell of a state of denial .........
Old 11-29-2015, 08:13 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
What is your definition of a droner?
You .
Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 AM
rcmiket

Really? Over 80 freaking pages here and you have to ask? Here's a hint, there the things you and porcia83 just knew that were the only things that would need to be registered when the task force "recommendations" were released.

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I ( among others) have really only one issue with the AMA. It all started when they got in bed with the "droners" and decided to go all in with them. Since then I've seen no reason to be happy with that move and it's been one thing after another during this mess.

Mike
Really? Over 80 freaking pages here and you have to ask?

Mike
Can't answer a simple question?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 AM
rcmiket

Can't answer a simple question?
What you can't remember your own posts? You'll find your answer there. I can understand why you would not want too since you were so far off base.

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
No one will argue against this , cause all RC aircraft should be treated the same regardless of the physical configuration of the machine .

BUT !!!!!

Once flown beyond line of sight , it is NO LONGER AN RC AIRCRAFT AS DEFINED IN AMA DOC #550 AND IS NOW WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD CALLS , you guessed it ! A DRONE !!!!! And YES SIR , beyond line of sight aircraft , RC or not , MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD be subject to different regulation than the "traditionally flown" LOS model aircraft .

Any of you beyond LOS flyers that don't understand the above are in one Hell of a state of denial .........
That AMA doesn't define nor do they regulate model aircraft operations, the FAA does:

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...mentID/1028086
Old 11-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

What you can't remember your own posts? You'll find your answer there. I can understand why you would not want too since you were so far off base.

Mike
Sill unable able to answer a simple question?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:46 AM
rcmiket

Sill unable able to answer a simple question?

It's counterproductive to answer a question you already know the answer to. Your ( as usual) just looking for a in to play the troll game today. Guess what, it's not happening.
Thanks for the effort though.

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:49 AM
rcmiket

That AMA doesn't define nor do they regulate model aircraft operations, the FAA does:

So are you saying that the AMA Safety Rules are no longer binding since the FAA now "regulates model aircraft operations'?

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 08:50 AM
init4fun

Hey , Rocket scientist , the AMA most certainly DOES define what a model aircraft is , TO THE USERS OF THIS , THE AMA FORUM !!!!!

This is NOT , in case you haven't noticed , the FAA forum , it's the AMA forum , and in their safety code , what constitutes a model aircraft of each class is VERY WELL IDENTIFIED .....

Or are you , for the sake of the nit picking (droning) that you do so well , going to tell me that the AMA has no definition between what's a park flyer , a turbine engine powered , or giant scale over 55 # model aircraft ?

Knock off the recreational argueing and get to any REAL point you may want to present , cause the continual snippy comments are really making you look foolish here ......
Old 11-29-2015, 09:02 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It must be difficult to look at comments like that and realize you have no legitimate response to them, other than to deflect. But I do sincerely mean it, I'm happy to help you in any way I can. Sometimes a different set of eyes, and a different viewpoint can really make you think of things in a broader perspective. My first suggestion is to get back out to the field and do some flying. Reconnect with the hobby, maybe visit another club close by and talk with those folks, etc etc. You never know what you will hear.
Why don't you do a build thread...?
Better yet, do a scratch build thread of a totally original design that you plan on entering into an AMA competition.
Submit video and telemetry as well for how well it performed...?
Show me what a Gung Ho, Rootin' Tootin' Hobbyist you are...!
If you truly support the AMA and it's stated purpose, this stuff is fundamental to that..but of course you already know this, right...?

Last edited by combatpigg; 11-29-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:09 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Why don't you do a build thread...?
Maybe wrightme could help with that !
Old 11-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hey , Rocket scientist , the AMA most certainly DOES define what a model aircraft is , TO THE USERS OF THIS , THE AMA FORUM !!!!!

This is NOT , in case you haven't noticed , the FAA forum , it's the AMA forum , and in their safety code , what constitutes a model aircraft of each class is VERY WELL IDENTIFIED .....

Or are you , for the sake of the nit picking (droning) that you do so well , going to tell me that the AMA has no definition between what's a park flyer , a turbine engine powered , or giant scale over 55 # model aircraft ?

Knock off the recreational argueing and get to any REAL point you may want to present , cause the continual snippy comments are really making you look foolish here ......
Real point:

Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

It's counterproductive to answer a question you already know the answer to. Your ( as usual) just looking for a in to play the troll game today. Guess what, it's not happening.
Thanks for the effort though.

Mike
I ( among others) have really only one issue with the AMA. It all started when they got in bed with the "droners" and decided to go all in with them. Since then I've seen no reason to be happy with that move and it's been one thing after another during this mess. So I don't thing it's fair to say we criticize there "every move".

Mike
It's even more counterproductive if you cannot clearly and concisely define what your "one" issue with the AMA is.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:16 AM
combatpigg

Above in blue
Show me proof that I have been critical of EVERY move that the AMA has ever made since I've been a member.
I date back to 1985 or so..
Old 11-29-2015, 09:37 AM
init4fun

Wow , really ?

What don't you understand about this being the AMA forum , and not the FAA forum ? You can post all the FAA links you want , but the fact remains that for AMA purposes , the AMA does indeed define what constitutes a model aircraft , despite your WRONG assertion that the AMA does not .

Now , do you have some relevant point your trying to get to , or are you planning to spend the afternoon posting FAA links ?

Hey , try this , go fly a .40 sized glow engine plane at a PPP only field , have an accident requiring AMA insurance coverage , and then see just how quick the AMA will show you the definition of park flyer VS open class RC model aircraft

I will not again respond to your posts regarding your wrong assertion that the AMA does not define what TO THEM is a model aircraft . If you have any OTHER , not incorrect , point you'd like to discuss I'm all ears .....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:40 AM
init4fun

Show me proof that I have been critical of EVERY move that the AMA has ever made since I've been a member.
I date back to 1985 or so..
I got 80274 in the early 1970s , having been into model planes since the 1960s but didn't get 'serious" about them till then ....
Old 11-29-2015, 09:44 AM
rcmiket

It's even more counterproductive if you cannot clearly and concisely define what your "one" issue with the AMA is.
My issue,

"It all started when they got in bed with the "droners" and decided to go all in with them."

I explained what they were here.

" there the things you and porcia83 just knew that were the only things that would need to be registered when the task force "recommendations" were released. "

I'm sorry your having such a tough time with this but maybe it's for the better in the long run.
No one else here seems to have a problem with figuring it out. Must be hard to be that "one" that just can't grasp it.

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 12:31 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Droning For Dollars
Old 11-29-2015, 12:34 PM
rcmiket

Do you see any AMA thread where anything of substance is accomplished? If so, point them out, I'd love to read them. People who come to these threads to vilify an organization they do almost nothing to promote, and incessantly complain about, are not trying to accomplish anything. They are just here to whine. Which by the way, is perfectly fine, but let's call it what it is. Everyone needs an outlet to vent and rant, but keep in mind they are the first ones to grab a torch and pitchfork and go after anyone who doesn't join them in the bashing. Almost to a person, when asked what they are doing to change things or better the organization, every single one of them has had an excuse as to why they can't or won't. Got plenty of time to monday morning quarterback, but nothing else. And that is really sad.
Once again your right and the rest of us are wrong. Tell you what I'll do as soon as you run for office I'll do the same. Time to put up or shut up.As of right now I'm Club Secretary and serve on our Board of Directors along with write the newsletter. Also listed as a Contest Director with the AMA with being one of the Flight Instructors for the AMA Introductory Flight Program. I am also serve on a STEM advisory board for a local High School.Guess I could squeeze in something else and I still find time to build and fly.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-29-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Droning For Dollars
Rotors for Riches?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:22 PM
combatpigg

i don't know if it's just downright sad, pathetic, or just funny that you spent time to go back and look at 1,000 posts I've made. The more you post, the more I suspect you haven't been to a field in a long time.

I LIVE at a flying field and have up loaded a few videos featuring flights from my backyard..
I also visit the field that I secured permission to use from the local airport often. It has become "home" to fellow control line flyers from all over the Puget Sound region.
On any nice day, 1000's of motorists on their way to work, on their way to lunch or on their way home stand a very good chance of seeing World Class pilots practicing their routines in the vicinity of 172nd St N.E. & 51st ave. N.E.
Anyone could have done this, it took no special talent but I was in the right place at the right time to make it happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.