Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Use " PrePaid Credit Card " to register with FAA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Use " PrePaid Credit Card " to register with FAA

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:57 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Use " PrePaid Credit Card " to register with FAA

To not be giving out more personal information, one of our club officials has heard that using a PREPAID CREDIT card to register with the FAA is working quite well. Thus, you would not be putting more of your personal info on the net.

What is your input on this subject ?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:15 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
To not be giving out more personal information, one of our club officials has heard that using a PREPAID CREDIT card to register with the FAA is working quite well. Thus, you would not be putting more of your personal info on the net.

What is your input on this subject ?

I thought I read that a pre paid card would work.

Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 04:17 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your personal information is out on the net in 100 different ways. What sad and odd times we're in if we are more concerned with giving our govt a credit card number but have no problem shopping on Ebay or buying a new toy from Horizon Hobby. Oh, and enjoy the 4.95 purchase and activation fee on that pre-paid card...almost exactly how much the reg fee is (prior to refund of course).
Old 12-22-2015, 04:25 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Your personal information is out on the net in 100 different ways. What sad and odd times we're in if we are more concerned with giving our govt a credit card number but have no problem shopping on Ebay or buying a new toy from Horizon Hobby. Oh, and enjoy the 4.95 purchase and activation fee on that pre-paid card...almost exactly how much the reg fee is (prior to refund of course).
Yes, we all know about the activation fee's. Was just thinking if I did buy one to use with FAA registration, I would buy one of a large enough amount to also use in the purchase of a nice XMAS present for myself. Perhaps a DRONE !! NOT !!!! LOL
Old 12-22-2015, 04:30 AM
rcmiket

The government was hacked for 21.5 million peoples information over the summer and still have not notified all of them of this issue. That makes some uncomfortable. I realize retailers gets hacked but come on it's the government you would think they should better security and after all they have our money to use to secure it.

Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 04:31 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Yes, we all know about the activation fee's. Was just thinking if I did buy one to use with FAA registration, I would buy one of a large enough amount to also use in the purchase of a nice XMAS present for myself. Perhaps a DRONE !! NOT !!!! LOL
just make it under .5 pounds! Ho Ho Ho noooooooo
Old 12-22-2015, 04:39 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
The government was hacked for 21.5 million peoples information over the summer and still have not notified all of them of this issue. That makes some uncomfortable. I realize retailers gets hacked but come on it's the government you would think they should better security and after all they have our money to use to secure it.

Mike
Again, I'm sure that the people concerned about having their information hacked have had no problem using their CC information online with retailers. It's a pretext concern, this is more about having to register and "pay" our "overreaching" govt. This distrust people have for the govt is just bizarre. There isn't a system out there that can't be hacked.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:46 AM
rcmiket

Again, I'm sure that the people concerned about having their information hacked have had no problem using their CC information online with retailers. It's a pretext concern, this is more about having to register and "pay" our "overreaching" govt. This distrust people have for the govt is just bizarre. There isn't a system out there that can't be hacked.
"Distrust people have for the government is bizarre" well that distrust has been earned by said government. You ever dealt with the IRS?

Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 04:52 AM
porcia83
Banned

I've dealt with several agencies...they did just fine. People just want a bogeyman, and the govt is an easy target. These are the same people that complain about govt programs and handouts but are the very same people that are johhny on the spots for said handouts. Whatever, let's agree to disagree on how horrible and poorly put together our govt is.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:04 AM
rcmiket

I've dealt with several agencies...they did just fine. People just want a bogeyman, and the govt is an easy target. These are the same people that complain about govt programs and handouts but are the very same people that are johhny on the spots for said handouts. Whatever, let's agree to disagree on how horrible and poorly put together our govt is.

How about we agree to it's top heavy, overstaffed. under productive and don't give a damn about the people they are supposed to serve and growing larger by the day ? Does it bother you one bit that the government is the fastest growing in history? Got news for you the ones "complain about govt programs and handouts but are the very same people that are johhny on the spots for said handouts." They are not the ones complaining we who are paying the bills are the ones complaining.

I have to ask are you government employee?
Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 12-22-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:08 AM
porcia83
Banned

Ya sure, 100% on point. Everything is bad, everything suck, it will all get worse, boo govt.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 AM
rcmiket

Ya sure, 100% on point. Everything is bad, everything suck, it will all get worse, boo govt.
Glad we had a chance to discuss this.

Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 05:51 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

All Righty Then ,

Back to credit cards , Can a refund be issued to one of those pre paid cards the same as a regular credit card ?

Specifically for internet purchases , I have one card (a Visa) with an incredibly small credit limit ($500) with the idea that if it does get hacked , they don't get the numbers of the American Express card with a much higher limit . Just for fun I checked and as of a few minutes ago the $5 from yesterday's registration has not yet been put back into the account . I do wonder how long they will keep everybody's $5 , and additionally I wonder just how many $5 per person they are holding . Sure , $5 really ain't worth more than , , $5 , but if they keep enough of our $5 for long enough , I'll bet it'll return (them) a hell of a lot more than $5 worth of interest .
Old 12-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Hey Mike, I see that you are from El Paso so am I, where do you fly at? I fly at the Northeast field...
Old 12-22-2015, 08:58 AM
f16man

Must be a Hillary supporter
Old 12-22-2015, 09:06 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Prop_Washer2
Hey Mike, I see that you are from El Paso so am I, where do you fly at? I fly at the Northeast field...

Horizon Club.

http://hcrcflyers.com/
Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 10:46 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by f16man
'Murica !!
Old 12-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Long ago I set up a small, stand alone, checking account and debit card just for online purchases and PayPal. That way, if raided, they won't get much. I manage the balance several times weekly to add or remove funds.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Papa51
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by f16man
Maybe even a Bernie Sanders supporter
Old 12-22-2015, 12:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

'murcaaa !!!!!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM
stevekott

A lot of paranoia here. But I guess you are not paranoid if people really are out to get you.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't out there. Just sayin.

But ya...paranoia and conspiracy are abound....and plentiful!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:39 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Long ago I set up a small, stand alone, checking account and debit card just for online purchases and PayPal. That way, if raided, they won't get much. I manage the balance several times weekly to add or remove funds.
+1
Old 12-22-2015, 02:43 PM
porcia83
Banned

Yup..a perfect way to go. I also have Amex as a backing source on mine, 99% bullet proof.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:15 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I do not give out my info on the internet, i use cash only when traveling so this would be better, what kind are the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.