Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Web Site Down?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Web Site Down?

Old 01-21-2016, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Web Site Down?

as of 0700 Eastern,
the site is a "server not found".
Still an hour later dead link and dead bookmark.
Anyone else get in?
Or did the bureaurats get tired of "protest".

I still say "Show me what you will do for my $$$$".
I await the demonstration of intent.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 142088
as of 0700 Eastern,
Anyone else get in?

Website Name: www.modelaircraft.orgURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWNModelaircraft.org is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

As for the AMA's intent, there is 80 years worth of data that shows what they do with your "$$$$"
Old 01-21-2016, 05:20 AM

Porcia83,
I thank You.

At the moment we will have to disagree agreeably about AMA intent.
I keep an open mind but I feel extremely betrayed by the whole Muncie Gang of AMA.
At this point AMA lip service ain't gonna cut the mustard ever again.
Show me - don't tell me - SHOW ME dangit.
I'm not asking for that much just more than words on the wind.
And secure currency-server for my dues funds to be transferred into.
I knew we the members were in for trouble when I watched the 'performance' of the AMA on CSPAN months ago.
thanks again nice to know the AMA didn't block me for my "protests".
First Amendment and all that.

Last edited by 142088; 01-21-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:30 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

as of 0700 Eastern,
Anyone else get in?

Maybe they had to choose between paying the bill to the printer for the magazine/rag or to the ISP ! As far as showing us how they spend our money, well,...Yesterday is a cancelled check. Today is cash on the line. Tomorrow is a promissory note. They have been full of promises lately!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Porcia83,
I thank You.

At the moment we will have to disagree agreeably about AMA intent.
I keep an open mind but I feel extremely betrayed by the whole Muncie Gang of AMA.
At this point AMA lip service ain't gonna cut the mustard ever again.
Show me - don't tell me - SHOW ME dangit.
I'm not asking for that much just more than words on the wind.
And secure currency-server for my dues funds to be transferred into.
I knew we the members were in for trouble when I watched the 'performance' of the AMA on CSPAN months ago.
thanks again nice to know the AMA didn't block me for my "protests".
First Amendment and all that.
Again, 80 years of work on behalf of the hobby speaks volumes. Not sure how the AMA was or is supposed to change what the federal govt intends to do, we just don't have that power, nor does any other similar group of this size. As for the 1st Amendment that's pretty much out the door when you sign up for website access (here and elsewhere). In short it's a privately run enterprise and you have to abide by their rules. Taking a look around the AMA site of late, more specifically the Q&A threads it's clear they aren't moderating, some of the comments are pretty tough and one or two people are trying to answer questions as best they can. Granted, they have the ability to delete comments that are over the line.

What is it specifically, or in general you want the AMA to show you that will prove intent? Have you been keeping up to date on their activities (when their site is up that is), you are aware of their pending litigation etc?
Old 01-21-2016, 05:37 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Maybe they had to choose between paying the bill to the printer for the magazine/rag or to the ISP ! As far as showing us how they spend our money, well,...Yesterday is a cancelled check. Today is cash on the line. Tomorrow is a promissory note. They have been full of promises lately!
Ya...not so much on the payment to the printer...that mag/rag is a money maker for them!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:46 AM

Specifically at a minimum as opening gambit to demonstrate as Pete Seeger sang "Who's side are you on boys....."
Again just for openers:

1) FILE SUIT challenge the constitutionality of the obvious over-reach of 'enforcement'.
The law enacted does NOT grant the FAA authority as is now claimed by decree and threats not any law.
2) Stop playing nice with the Federal Government and the Manufacturers of hardware ONLY.
3) Acknowledge that the membership has valid concerns of a lack of effective representation.
4) Stop blowing smoke up my pants' leg.

Just for openers.
What price liberty - it ain't 60 or 75 bucks a year.
Liberty doesn't do currency though the 1% imagines it to be so.
Liberty only accepts one price and it ain't as cheap as currency.
Semper Fidelis - faithful to WeThePeople.

Last edited by 142088; 01-21-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Well it's back up.
Maybe they had to feed the gerbils or oil their wheel.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:18 AM

Thanks flyinwalenda
Old 01-21-2016, 06:19 AM
porcia83
Banned

Specifically at a minimum as opening gambit to demonstrate as Pete Seeger sang "Who's side are you on boys....."
Again just for openers:

1) FILE SUIT challenge the constitutionality of the obvious over-reach of 'enforcement'. Are you aware that this has already been done, back in 2014 actually. Another person filed a similar suit in Dec that addressed the same issues. Litigation is costly, and not timely in any way. At the Federal level, you're talking years and years.
2) Stop playing nice with the Federal Government and the Manufacturers of hardware ONLY. I'm thinking filing suit isn't playing nice. At some point however they have to try to work together to get things done. It's harder to compromise and get something done than be intractable. I doubt the 30 plus clubs in the DC area want the AMA to go all out on the FAA. That will solve nothing. Not sure about the manf and hardware comments, the AMA neither plays nice or not nice with any company, nor should they.
3) Acknowledge that the membership has valid concerns of a lack of representation. Not clear on this one. Do you mean the AMA doesn't represent us with the feds, or the members don't feel like we are represented with the AMA? Keep in mind our AMA leaders are all elected.
4) Stop blowing smoke up my pants' leg. Hey, at my age I'll take that on birthdays and holidays...a little spice and variety.

Just for openers.
See above.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 AM

1) Liberty is worth the "years and years" is it not?

One cannot expect an empire to make redress of grievance easy or affordable (except for the 1% and their allies).
Injunctions from enforcement of fines would result under appeal or at the LEAST injunction could be sought.
The AMA picked up enough $$$$ of late to afford filing costs and even the pursuit of class action status.

What good can the AMA be if they are not NOW willing to go the wall for the membership including the ones inside the enemy occupied Beltway as well.
I see nothing but abandonment of the ramparts by AMA so far.
But it is someone's watch by G*d Almighty.

2) I have seen nothing but "playing nice" since I was angered watching the AMA kiss fa**y on CSPAN lately. I saw all this coming in 2014 confirmed this summer in CSPAN coverage.
The AMA play so nice with the firms that manufacture and sell the accouterments of our hobby. WHERE THE MONEY IS **** DUH!
Instead of transparency we get closed door "decision making" confabs from which coverage and the membership are excluded until the decisions are "announced". Nothing but BS IMHO.

IF both entities united AGAINST this bulloney and the membership aligned with a genuine effort to reign in the feds and associated jerks,
then maybe the FAA would have to acknowledge they attempted to abuse WeThePeople by illegal color of authority.
Bailiff wack his ....!

Instead frankly I fear the AMA is taking a leak on the membership by "going-along-to-get-along" and this perception is common with the folks I know that fly R/C.
Politics SUX.

3) Not playing the clique game as some do I do not belong to a club and have never had any contact with my district officers EXCEPT when they want my "vote",
like any other politician.
Nor do I vote for people I do not know and have never met, not in the AMA nor otherwise. Not since 1974 & 6.
No valid choice on ballots as is too familiar the last 50 years. So why bother when they are all the same entity of differing faces?

I fly mostly in a group of 2 or 3 and not at a club field and I feel that I am ignored because I don't play politics or cliques.

4) I am fortunate to have someone of favorable disposition to fulfill the function of something going up my pants leg
bless her tolerance for my gyrene attitudes and airplane noises and smells and time in the man cave
as I encourage her own time and nights out with the girls and scrap-booking as well as anything she decides to do. OK almost anything.

I can't fail to mention the aeronautical engineers and pilots and astronauts and cosmonauts that would have chosen other directions for their interests IF model aircraft had been so restricted in the 20th Century.

I doubt I can go any further or make my position any clearer than I already did.

Never forget that what one will allow authority to do to another "group" of people, the authority will be authorized by implied consent to execute upon you and yours.

Last edited by 142088; 01-21-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:55 AM
br549-2

It was down 1/20/16 6:30, till 9:00 am 1/21/16 . it was back up 20 min ago
Old 01-21-2016, 11:50 AM
porcia83
Banned

1) Liberty is worth the "years and years" is it not?

One cannot expect an empire to make redress of grievance easy or affordable (except for the 1% and their allies).
Injunctions from enforcement of fines would result under appeal or at the LEAST injunction could be sought.
The AMA picked up enough $$$$ of late to afford filing costs and even the pursuit of class action status.

What good can the AMA be if they are not NOW willing to go the wall for the membership including the ones inside the enemy occupied Beltway as well.
I see nothing but abandonment of the ramparts by AMA so far.
But it is someone's watch by G*d Almighty.

2) I have seen nothing but "playing nice" since I was angered watching the AMA kiss fa**y on CSPAN lately. I saw all this coming in 2014 confirmed this summer in CSPAN coverage.
The AMA play so nice with the firms that manufacture and sell the accouterments of our hobby. WHERE THE MONEY IS **** DUH!
Instead of transparency we get closed door "decision making" confabs from which coverage and the membership are excluded until the decisions are "announced". Nothing but BS IMHO.

IF both entities united AGAINST this bulloney and the membership aligned with a genuine effort to reign in the feds and associated jerks,
then maybe the FAA would have to acknowledge they attempted to abuse WeThePeople by illegal color of authority.
Bailiff wack his ....!

Instead frankly I fear the AMA is taking a leak on the membership by "going-along-to-get-along" and this perception is common with the folks I know that fly R/C.
Politics SUX.

3) Not playing the clique game as some do I do not belong to a club and have never had any contact with my district officers EXCEPT when they want my "vote",
like any other politician.
Nor do I vote for people I do not know and have never met, not in the AMA nor otherwise. Not since 1974 & 6.
No valid choice on ballots as is too familiar the last 50 years. So why bother when they are all the same entity of differing faces?

I fly mostly in a group of 2 or 3 and not at a club field and I feel that I am ignored because I don't play politics or cliques.

4) I am fortunate to have someone of favorable disposition to fulfill the function of something going up my pants leg
bless her tolerance for my gyrene attitudes and airplane noises and smells and time in the man cave
as I encourage her own time and nights out with the girls and scrap-booking as well as anything she decides to do. OK almost anything.

I can't fail to mention the aeronautical engineers and pilots and astronauts and cosmonauts that would have chosen other directions for their interests IF model aircraft had been so restricted in the 20th Century.

I doubt I can go any further or make my position any clearer than I already did.

Never forget that what one will allow authority to do to another "group" of people, the authority will be authorized by implied consent to execute upon you and yours.
Your position is clear....
I'll agree to disagree. The AMA is different things to different people, as is their perceived "value".
Old 01-22-2016, 04:37 AM
lbuff1
My Feedback: (22)

Porcia83,
You are 100% right on all accounts.
These AMA haters are the first to come running when something goes wrong. It's very easy to hide behind a keyboard and throw mud. It a totally different thing to get out front and do something.

I say if they don't like it, QUIT. Go fly in a field somewhere, if you can find someone willing to let you. And good luck with insurance!!
Now, before you get all mighty and start screaming about secondary coverage, I'd love to watch you go to a flying event and see you standing in the registration line with you're homeowners insurance policy in your hand. ( assuming you own a house)
All this *****ing and discontent? Really.
I'm sure AMA would gladly give you back you're $75 and have all just go away. Then where would you be?
Sometimes you need to let the people work and support their efforts.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:33 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

......I am fortunate to have someone of favorable disposition to fulfill the function of something going up my pants leg
bless her tolerance ................
Um , , Dude ? , , That's one creepy statement there , given that the topic is an outage at the AMA website ....
Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Sport_Pilot

Again just for openers:

1) FILE SUIT challenge the constitutionality of the obvious over-reach of 'enforcement'.
The law enacted does NOT grant the FAA authority as is now claimed by decree and threats not any law.
2) Stop playing nice with the Federal Government and the Manufacturers of hardware ONLY.
3) Acknowledge that the membership has valid concerns of a lack of effective representation.
4) Stop blowing smoke up my pants' leg.

Just for openers.
If you are going to be angry, at least try to become knowledgeable of what is going on. For one the AMA has filed a suit and that is not playing nice. Others are complaining that they have filed suit. So no smoke, you are too ignorant to understand.

BTW why don't you complain to the AMA and FAA instead of blowing smoke here!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:54 AM
porcia83
Banned

Jeez....rough morning Sport? You get too much snow down there? Relax........