Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Drones or Model Aircraft Do Not Pose Major Risk to NAS

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Drones or Model Aircraft Do Not Pose Major Risk to NAS

Old 03-24-2016, 06:36 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
Sounds very similar. The AMA club where I used to fly is 15 miles one way, a private grass field shared with full scale. One neighbor is constant complainer about noise. Owner of field has friend that is somewhat of a "caretaker" but exercises it as if it's his personal field. Tolerates the club, but looks to any excuse to shut down ops. Most members have stopped going there, now going to another field about 25 miles away (a bit far for me).

I can fly electric helos and park fliers less than a block from my house, and can fly nitro helos, 25 size electrics, control line, etc. at a large school about a five minute walk (I throw my stuff in a wagon).

I own four acres that borders state game land and can fly whatever I want out there. It's about 40 minutes one way - but I also have a stream through my property and trout!
Yup, very similar. Only real difference is that the club I fly at is nowhere near an airport or anything for that matter, so no complaints.

I did almost get shot on 2 different occasions though!!! Idiot hunter at hunting camp apparently shooting our direction. Once when my son was with me and once when I was by myself pulling the mower out of the shed. Both times (different days) I literally heard a bullet wiz by my head!! I may have broken the record for F bombs shouted at someone at one time!! lol. It was not pretty! That sound might be cool when watching "Saving Private Ryan" in 5.1, but I can assure you it is very not cool in real life!!! lol.