Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

No Meeting Minutes?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

No Meeting Minutes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bialone
The new 2016 administration at our club decided not to published the meeting minutes anymore in the club's newsletter, or to read them at the club meeting, or to approve them at the club meeting. The only time that the meeting minutes can be reviewed is on the day of the club meeting (Saturdays) either before or after the meeting on the secretary's laptop providing that he is there or has the time. We are incorporated in the state of California and a 501.c.3 non-profit organization. This is the first time ever that our club has had such a situation happen like this.

We used to also include the treasurer's report in the newsletter and that also has been removed but can be reviewed separately as well. The administration thinks that if a club member wants to find out about what is happening at the club they can come to the meetings or ask the secretary. Getting the information second hand from others creates its own problems and is not dependable as you can guess.

Any comments out there? Maybe your experiences may add new insight. Thanks!
There are certain legal requirements business entities (especially 501(c)(3) organizations) must follow regardless of what the board thinks or what the by-laws say, it's what the law says. Find someone knowledgeable on the legal requirements and pursue legal action if necessary.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by brentp76
Nope we (they) are 501(c)(3).
How are you certain they are a 501(c)(3)? As mentioned below, 501(c)(3) status is extremely difficult to quality for, especially for an R/C club.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
The more I read and hear about other clubs the more thankful I am for mine.

I have trouble wrapping my head around how some of this stuff comes about, it's grown men and toy airplanes. <sigh>
Unfortunately, not all men have grown.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:27 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
The more I read and hear about other clubs the more thankful I am for mine.

I have trouble wrapping my head around how some of this stuff comes about, it's grown men and toy airplanes. <sigh>
Amen.

Mike