Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 04:44 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
Do you even read what you post?

A vast majority of your posts DO contain personal slights and are meant to continue your "duel" (Freudian slip? LOL).

That is a fact. You can stutter, stammer and refute it all you want, heck, you can even agree to disagree, but it doesn't change the facts.

Astro
The "facts" as you see them. You and a few others really love to speak in absolutes, and on behalf of others. You shouldn't.

But let's agree to disagree.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:51 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
As a frequent target myself, thanks for articulating it.
There's a line as far as being a target. While I'm not sure what number I am I'm positive I've made the list.
Mike
Old 08-12-2016, 05:06 PM
porcia83
Banned

As a frequent target myself, thanks for articulating it.
Now see if I had said something like that if someone agrees with me...oh lord the the names would come back, troll brotheres, two,/three amigos etc etc. You sure we're silent when those were being spewed out with regularity.

If you feel as though you are a target, that's on you. Your 10 plus years of virulently anti-AMA posts speak for themselves. When you talk about gathering loss data to intentionally work against the AMA, and more recently threaten to use your political connections to make things difficult, what impression do you actually think you leave. Even the regular " yes franklin I agree franklin" crowds were curiously mute, even after being directly asked about those comments. God forbid they disavow that sentiment.

Now that's not me spinning either...it's just fact. The posting history here and elsewhere is identical. And for the record there's someone else here who has been at it even longer, coming up on 14 years. Not sure why you or he bristle at the characterization when any 3rd party reading the comments can and in fact have come to the same conclusion.

And before you or the poll starter jump up and try to spin " gee we're only trying to ask questions and get info"....please...huge difference between that and what we normally see.

May I presume you and I can agree to disagree without alliances being risked?
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
There's a line as far as being a target. While I'm not sure what number I am I'm positive I've made the list.
Mike
There's no list...anymore than there is for ama fanboys...but is there any legitimate question you don't fall into that category? 13 plus years. I posted up actual posts directly from you over the past 13 years...alleging the same stuff you do now, from ama being out of touch and not working for its members, to the classic " AMA insurance scam " comments. Do you need a reminder? What does anyone call that other than anti-AMA.

Hopefully someone quotes this so you can read it (wink wink)
Old 08-12-2016, 05:44 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by porcia83
Now see if I had said something like that if someone agrees with me...oh lord the the names would come back, troll brotheres, two,/three amigos etc etc. You sure we're silent when those were being spewed out with regularity.
Well, a handful of thoughts:

- Well, if people are following "the code" and the "programming" as well as the organization is saying they do, then it shouldn't be easy to find documentation of planes going into crowds, people being injured, or examples of people touching planes under power (something I note is specifically prohibited by "the code."). So why worry?

- As for questioning how the money is spent, last time I checked that's one of the ideas behind making 501c3's post their tax information. Everyone's got their own opinion, and I do not agree with how the organization is spending my money.

- On issues of importance to me, like discounts for E5 and below, it's no different than someone wanting to hand out free memberships to 19 and under. Except that AMA decided to one and not the other. I'll keep bringing it up and we'll just see what happens. And they can (and likely will) keep denying it. Heck, they won't even put it to a vote!

- On some of the unprofessional staff work, it goes to how the money is being spent and the type of performance I see for that money. As a paying member I'm entitled to my opinion. Even as a non-paying member, but a taxpayer, I'm entitled to my opinion. Unfortunately, that opinion, more often than not supported by source documents, is met with mockery and sarcasm.

- And your favorite topic of late, a comment I made in frustration, for which I said I regretted. It must be nice to have never done such a thing yourself, here or anywhere else. So I guess that gives you the right to throw stones. Since I'll clearly never get there, I'd ask how is the view from on high?

I'm not sure what you mean by alliances being risked. I can only note that you're the first Leader Member I've ever met. I think I can fairly say that as an ambassador for the hobby and as an ambassador for all that is good, welcoming and open about the AMA, here in these forums, there is no equal.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 PM
porcia83
Banned

Well, a handful of thoughts:

- Well, if people are following "the code" and the "programming" as well as the organization is saying they do, then it shouldn't be easy to find documentation of planes going into crowds, people being injured, or examples of people touching planes under power (something I note is specifically prohibited by "the code."). So why worry?

- As for questioning how the money is spent, last time I checked that's one of the ideas behind making 501c3's post their tax information. Everyone's got their own opinion, and I do not agree with how the organization is spending my money.

- On issues of importance to me, like discounts for E5 and below, it's no different than someone wanting to hand out free memberships to 19 and under. Except that AMA decided to one and not the other. I'll keep bringing it up and we'll just see what happens. And they can (and likely will) keep denying it. Heck, they won't even put it to a vote!

- On some of the unprofessional staff work, it goes to how the money is being spent and the type of performance I see for that money. As a paying member I'm entitled to my opinion. Even as a non-paying member, but a taxpayer, I'm entitled to my opinion. Unfortunately, that opinion, more often than not supported by source documents, is met with mockery and sarcasm.

- And your favorite topic of late, a comment I made in frustration, for which I said I regretted. It must be nice to have never done such a thing yourself, here or anywhere else. So I guess that gives you the right to throw stones. Since I'll clearly never get there, I'd ask how is the view from on high?

I'm not sure what you mean by alliances being risked. I can only note that you're the first Leader Member I've ever met. I think I can fairly say that as an ambassador for the hobby and as an ambassador for all that is good, welcoming and open about the AMA, here in these forums, there is no equal.
A comment in frustration? As in one? Singular? It's more than one and fits a well established decades long pattern. Please spare me the deflection too, really a desperate play there. I'll own my mistakes when I make them, but I don't lash out in the process with something like you just did. the view is the same for both of us, we just see different things.

As I've noted previoulsy...seeking clarification on questions is one thing, running a decades long Joe McCarthy like campaign is something quite different. Much of the info folks seek is out there. Some info isn't going to be, that's just the way it is.

Edit:. Forgot to mention...I'm far from the first leader member you've met... you've been speaking with a few over the past few years. You seem misinformed of the role if you think it's to be open and welcome to someone who has repeatedly indicated a desire to do the organization harm. Sadly mistaken.

Last edited by porcia83; 08-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
Thank You Mongo , coming from someone I respect like you , Who has never once spoken badly to me , I really appreciate your support of my post .

One LM calling another LM anti-AMA , this would almost be comical were it not so completely and utterly sad . Way to go advancing the image of our organization porcia , gee I can hardly wait to see your next benevolent gesture on our organization's behalf .
Your Welcome Franklin . Of all the people that he's been running around hysterically labeling anti AMA , both you with all the research you do into wanting all the numbers to add up , and Mike who just became an LM , are two of the LEAST deserving of being called anti AMA !
Preacher , Heed thy own sermons ......
So desperate to keep the drama going and be right in the thick of it. I'm sure Mike and franklin appreciate you effusive praise and thanks.

Their decades plus long jihad speaks for itself, and when I say WE...it ain't just me that has noted it. That you want to ignore it and continue to heap adulation on them both is great, clearly it's appreciated. fwiw, both you and Franklin can take the next step and follow in Mike's recent steps...which I did congratulate him for.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:46 AM
franklin_m

A comment in frustration? As in one? Singular? It's more than one and fits a well established decades long pattern. Please spare me the deflection too, really a desperate play there. I'll own my mistakes when I make them, but I don't lash out in the process with something like you just did. the view is the same for both of us, we just see different things.

As I've noted previoulsy...seeking clarification on questions is one thing, running a decades long Joe McCarthy like campaign is something quite different. Much of the info folks seek is out there. Some info isn't going to be, that's just the way it is.

Edit:. Forgot to mention...I'm far from the first leader member you've met... you've been speaking with a few over the past few years. You seem misinformed of the role if you think it's to be open and welcome to someone who has repeatedly indicated a desire to do the organization harm. Sadly mistaken.

Wow, pulling in McCarthy to disparage efforts. So what exactly have I championed? Transparency on demographics (goes directly to financial health - distribution of paying members). Discount equal to what we give to seniors for a group of Americans (active duty E5 and below) that sacrifice a lot and who have natural affinity to aviation - a proposal that the EC wouldn't even put to a vote. Efforts to bring quantitative metrics to the safety "program" as a way to help defend against the media, regulators, and legislators who are lumping us together with "drones." Or perhaps efforts to demand more professionalism from the AMA staff, one that consumes 22% of all member supplied revenue.

If not being a "all is well" kind of guy gets labeled as McCarty, then so be it. Continue with the name calling. It reflects well on the AMA and how it is, or isn't, willing to explain things to its members.

Last edited by franklin_m; 08-13-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:48 AM
franklin_m

Please spare me the deflection too, really a desperate play there. I'll own my mistakes when I make them, but I don't lash out in the process with something like you just did....
So, how's the view from that high horse you're riding? Should we all genuflect as you approach?
Old 08-13-2016, 06:05 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, how's the view from that high horse you're riding? Should we all genuflect as you approach?
Okay, I have to admit......I actually DID spew my coffee when I read this one!

Astro
Old 08-13-2016, 06:50 AM
porcia83
Banned

Really? Ironically I was just noting in another phone that although you and I seem to have diametrically opposed positions on many things he still been able to have an adult like conversation. The continuation of a pattern of lashing out? I hope not.

I'll say this... the candidates are certainly getting their money's worth in these threads, lol.

Last edited by porcia83; 08-13-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:58 AM
franklin_m

Really? Ironically I was just noting in another phone that although you and I seem to have diametrically opposed positions on many things he still been able to have an adult like conversation. I guess hanging out in the kiddie pool has had an effect here. the continuation of a pattern of lashing out? I hope not.

I'll say this... the candidates are certainly getting their money's worth in these threads, lol.
Remind me, who was it that invoked "McCarthy"?
Old 08-13-2016, 07:00 AM
franklin_m

Okay, I have to admit......I actually DID spew my coffee when I read this one!

Astro
Thanks. Note above. Invokes McCarthyism as a way to disparage what I say, then accuses me of being in the kiddie pool!

Seems there's one set of rules for Leader Member (or one in particular), and another for us unwashed masses.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

Okey dokey....I'm out of the pity party. Carry on.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:12 AM
franklin_m

Okey dokey....I'm out of the pity party. Carry on.
So, I'm waiting for "I'll own my mistakes when I make them..."

Or is it "do as I say and not as I do?"
Old 08-13-2016, 09:36 AM
astrohog

Thanks. Note above. Invokes McCarthyism as a way to disparage what I say, then accuses me of being in the kiddie pool!
Seems there's one set of rules for Leader Member (or one in particular), and another for us unwashed masses.
Yep. That's his entire schtick here. Kinda like a boxer that feigns and jabs, but can't deliver any real blows.

Astro
Old 08-13-2016, 09:38 AM
astrohog

So, I'm waiting for "I'll own my mistakes when I make them..."

Or is it "do as I say and not as I do?"
You'll be waiting for a LOONG TIME.....he hasn't made any mistakes, dontcha know? 😉

Astro
Old 08-13-2016, 09:50 AM
porcia83
Banned

You'll be waiting for a LOONG TIME.....he hasn't made any mistakes, dontcha know? 😉

Astro
It doesn't come easy I assure you, it takes work, but I'm glad to do it.

Before I forget happy model aviation day. Are you celebrating?
Old 08-13-2016, 12:07 PM
astrohog

It doesn't come easy I assure you, it takes work, but I'm glad to do it.

Before I forget happy model aviation day. Are you celebrating?
Does this count?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	2176741   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	2176742  
Old 08-13-2016, 04:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Does this count?
Absolutely...beautiful views all around. I miss living near mountains. That grass looks nice and short too. A picture perfect day.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:04 PM
DREAMER-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be a good idea to look at the track records of the candidates. How long have the candidates been AMA members (leader members). Have they introduced any items to be voted upon or do they just vote on fluff. Do they have modeling experience? Who pays their travel expenses?
Old 08-14-2016, 06:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by DREAMER-RCU
It might be a good idea to look at the track records of the candidates. How long have the candidates been AMA members (leader members). Have they introduced any items to be voted upon or do they just vote on fluff. Do they have modeling experience? Who pays their travel expenses?
Agree on most of that, not sure about the travel expenses though. The folks on the EC have a travel expense budget.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:18 AM
franklin_m

Per the 2014 IRS 990, Schedule A, Part III, line 15, 94.4 percent of AMA's revenue comes from "public support"

In terms of where the money goes, here's a breakdown by percentage of expenses listed on IRS 990 Part IX Lines 1-24e

Of note:
53.2% of the money goes to two places: Magazine & employee costs

$100K in travel
$960K, or 10%, in "All other expenses" (non categorized)

Grants (scholarships I think) are 0.4%, 1/3 what they spend on travel, and 1/10 what they spend on conferences and meetings
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA Expense Percentages.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	2176840  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

In any organization, when the group culture turns toward looking back and focuses on preserving tradition instead of looking forward to grow, innovate, and develop, death is one generation away. The AMA has done a tremendous job helping aeromodeling develop over the years primarily because as a group aeromodelers have embraced new technologies and new ways of doing things. But as the median age of the AMA has risen, the culture has become past minded. If we vote in a candidate focused on tradition rather then innovation and incorporating the new products into our hobby in productive ways, we will be choosing not to have the AMA survive beyond the current generation of members.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.