Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Model Aviation Flying Event Calendar Somethings Missing

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Model Aviation Flying Event Calendar Somethings Missing

Old 10-25-2016, 04:11 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Mike I know you meant no slur toward the youth memberships and my post was in response to this comment ;

as an attempt to put fourth the notion that a civil discussion of how financially strong we are doesn't need this kind of stuff to be posted . I included your post in my quote for the context of who Porcia was saying this to only , and not to imply that you did indeed see them as freeloaders as Porcia tried to make it look like you did .
I understand you weren't. Unfortunately even with him on my ignore list I'm still seeing his mindless trash every time someone quotes him. Honestly I've been reviewing this whole forum and see no reason to even continue participation in it.
Mike
Old 10-25-2016, 05:19 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I understand you weren't. Unfortunately even with him on my ignore list I'm still seeing his mindless trash every time someone quotes him. Honestly I've been reviewing this whole forum and see no reason to even continue participation in it.
Mike
Right... you've said that many times before yet continue to participate in the threads, just like Init. I'd have to say claiming the ama is nothing but an insurance scam for 10 plus years has to rank up there as "trash", but to each their own. The fact is you have complained about the youth memberships in the past, and obviously continue to do so, notwithstanding Init's perpetual defense. You and he can pivot onto my postand continue to attack to deflect from the obvious, you have no plans or suggestions, just complaints. The mag isn't perfect and in some limited cases isn't timely given the lead time on publishing. You offer no alternative. You complain about anything the AMA does to attract and retain membership...yet once again offer nothing as an alternative.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Corsairacobra

You don't have look in the back of MA for drone events, Just check out ESPN2. They have the Drone Racing League on a couple of nights a week.

What was the last AMA sanctioned event you watched on TV? Just saying.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Corsairacobra
You don't have look in the back of MA for drone events, Just check out ESPN2. They have the Drone Racing League on a couple of nights a week.

One problem it ain't AMA sponsored...............................

Mike
Old 10-25-2016, 05:55 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Right... you've said that many times before yet continue to participate in the threads, just like Init. I'd have to say claiming the ama is nothing but an insurance scam for 10 plus years has to rank up there as "trash", but to each their own. The fact is you have complained about the youth memberships in the past, and obviously continue to do so, notwithstanding Init's perpetual defense. You and he can pivot onto my postand continue to attack to deflect from the obvious, you have no plans or suggestions, just complaints. The mag isn't perfect and in some limited cases isn't timely given the lead time on publishing. You offer no alternative. You complain about anything the AMA does to attract and retain membership...yet once again offer nothing as an alternative.
Ah , with all due respect to your point here , I've never once said I'm leaving RCU for good except the one time I thought I was gonna get banned here and said my goodbyes before I thought the ban hammer was coming down . Other than that I have said I will walk out of a thread when I feel the time is right and I will walk back into a thread when I feel I have something to add . I have no one on ignore and have no personal "beefs" to air here , you say something I agree with and I'll agree with ya , you say something I disagree with or post up some double standard nonsense , like you do a lot about Trump while decrying someone else posting about Obama , and you bet your Butt I'm gonna call you out on that double standard . What you can't seem to get into your head is that I'm 100% pro AMA and that I also have open enough eyes to see that if something is not perfect with it or could be done better then it's this forums topic to talk about those concerns .

So I guess now I'll have to ask you , if Mike's and my conversations trouble you so , SO , badly that you'd go and label his postings as "trash" , why DO you keep responding to posts that upset you so badly ? Is there some RCU requirement that you HAVE to engage each and every point someone may have that you don't agree with ? His postings are "trash" ? Well , since I see no forced participation here at RCU I'll have to conclude that you actually LIKE the smell of rollin around in that "trash" and that it's not really about the AMA here for you , it's about the argument itself .
Old 10-25-2016, 12:10 PM
cj_rumley

Default The porcia83 Discussions Forum

Fabulous!!! Another thread all about porcia83. I can hardly hold back the anxiety while I await for the next episode.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:33 PM
rcmiket

"So I guess now I'll have to ask you , if Mike's and my conversations trouble you so , SO , badly that you'd go and label his postings as "trash" , why DO you keep responding to posts that upset you so badly?"

It's really very simple that what trolls do.

Mike
Old 10-25-2016, 12:44 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Fabulous!!! Another thread all about porcia83. I can hardly hold back the anxiety while I await for the next episode.
It's amazing isn't it, nobody has figured it out yet, not even you. There are two or three that have to continually bring any conversation around to me personally, as opposed to discussing the issues in any given thread. You just did it yourself right there, for no other reason than to get zinger in, perpetuates the drama, and hope the others join in. To what end? Even Mike who keeps talking about the ignore feature over and over still follows along, reads my posts and visits my profile page, and keeps it going with the name calling, like the above "troll" comments. Not a peep from anyone on those comments, because..well, it's him and it's o/k when he or others do it. FWIW, you don't see me doing that do you?

So do you have any thoughts on the thread topic, or similar issues, or......?
Old 10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Corsairacobra

Well, that's all been dismissed repeatedly by noting that this whole show is nothing but a paid advertisement by the DRL. There's only one person alleging this by the way, and has offered not so much as a shred or proof, basically just an opinion. The same guy by the way who claims none of these folks are AMA members, and that these pilots don't join the AMA. Today he was provided with a link showing over 11,000 AMA members are now part of the largest SIG in the AMA, and he dismissed it by saying well since there are only 36 in his general area, it's not really going on.

Nothing in terms of actual or demonstrable evidence will ever get some folks to change their minds. To each their own.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:56 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
Ah , with all due respect to your point here , I've never once said I'm leaving RCU for good except the one time I thought I was gonna get banned here and said my goodbyes before I thought the ban hammer was coming down . Other than that I have said I will walk out of a thread when I feel the time is right and I will walk back into a thread when I feel I have something to add . I have no one on ignore and have no personal "beefs" to air here , you say something I agree with and I'll agree with ya , you say something I disagree with or post up some double standard nonsense , like you do a lot about Trump while decrying someone else posting about Obama , and you bet your Butt I'm gonna call you out on that double standard . What you can't seem to get into your head is that I'm 100% pro AMA and that I also have open enough eyes to see that if something is not perfect with it or could be done better then it's this forums topic to talk about those concerns .

So I guess now I'll have to ask you , if Mike's and my conversations trouble you so , SO , badly that you'd go and label his postings as "trash" , why DO you keep responding to posts that upset you so badly ? Is there some RCU requirement that you HAVE to engage each and every point someone may have that you don't agree with ? His postings are "trash" ? Well , since I see no forced participation here at RCU I'll have to conclude that you actually LIKE the smell of rollin around in that "trash" and that it's not really about the AMA here for you , it's about the argument itself .
You are trying to hard.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 PM
init4fun

You are trying to hard.
Meh , don't think so , but then again the really funny thing here is I think the very same of you , that your trying too hard to find something to be outraged about in every post of those of us you've branded as "anti AMA" . Oh well , looks like one of those "agree to disagree" things . Again .

Last edited by init4fun; 10-25-2016 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM
init4fun

............ just like Init. ..........
There are two or three that have to continually bring any conversation around to me personally,......
Things that make ya say "Hmm" .... Something about people on glass planets hurling meteors comes to mind here .
Old 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

It's amazing isn't it, nobody has figured it out yet, not even you. There are two or three that have to continually bring any conversation around to me personally, as opposed to discussing the issues in any given thread. You just did it yourself right there, for no other reason than to get zinger in, perpetuates the drama, and hope the others join in. To what end? Even Mike who keeps talking about the ignore feature over and over still follows along, reads my posts and visits my profile page, and keeps it going with the name calling, like the above "troll" comments. Not a peep from anyone on those comments, because..well, it's him and it's o/k when he or others do it. FWIW, you don't see me doing that do you?

So do you have any thoughts on the thread topic, or similar issues, or......?
since the target of those comments is widely perceived as being deserving of them, well, you can figure it out from there, i suppose.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:43 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
since the target of those comments is widely perceived as being deserving of them, well, you can figure it out from there, i suppose.
appropriate use of the word used there, "target", slip of the tongue I guess. "widely perceived" is another good term, perhaps among 4-5 folks who seem incapable of exercising self control or even faking the attempt to discuss an issue. You don't need to look far to find them, they are the ones calling others idiots, hypocrites, haters, and of course the best, trolls. And these are the people, much like you with the latest comment, that derail a thread with personal attacks, all while while wagging the finger about "drama", etc.

Did you have anything to add about the MA event calendar, or just want to continue with the drama?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:40 AM
rcmiket

This months issue of MA has a "drone" related event listed. the "Drone Summit Spaceport USA " is listed. Tony Stillman ( AMA flying site assistance) CD. I actually really hope to see more listed in the future.

Mike
Old 11-07-2016, 07:53 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by rcmiket
This months issue of MA has a "drone" related event listed. the "Drone Summit Spaceport USA " is listed. Tony Stillman ( AMA flying site assistance) CD. I actually really hope to see more listed in the future.

Mike
If they are flying AMA #550 condoned FPV then by all means I'd like to see more listed in the future too !
Old 01-06-2017, 10:53 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Well, whoever is sponsoring the event has to submit it for an ad. If they don`t get the word to AMA, AMA can`t publish anything.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by skylane42
Well, whoever is sponsoring the event has to submit it for an ad. If they don`t get the word to AMA, AMA can`t publish anything.

That was my whole point they don't seem to be interested in whole AMA sanctioned thing. I recently read that FAA registration has now topped 614,000. AMA membership numbers should have jumped after all the effort and money spent by them to attract them

Mike
Old 01-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Sport_Pilot

Seems premature to complain about no drone events. I believe the list only goes through March and very few events in January or even March.. The only event for January in Georgia is an indoor free flight competition.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Seems premature to complain about no drone events. I believe the list only goes through March and very few events in January or even March.. The only event for January in Georgia is an indoor free flight competition.
Been watching this for some time. Go though last years MA and see how many events are listed.

Mike
Old 01-10-2017, 06:17 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure is nice to be able to make a comment on here and not be attacked!!!

Regards,

Astro
Old 01-10-2017, 06:31 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by astrohog
Sure is nice to be able to make a comment on here and not be attacked!!!

Regards,

Astro
Amen
Mike