Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Wow...what a busy year the AMA had.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Wow...what a busy year the AMA had.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:10 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow...what a busy year the AMA had.

Looks like the AMA had another busy and productive year, all the while increasing memberships and seeing the rise of the newest, most popular, and largest SIG, MultiGP.

Lots of involvement with state and local legislation too.

Many folks generously donating to the foundation, in additional to the DAV !

A great time to be in the hobby, can't wait to see what 2017 brings.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ayearinreview.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	2188588  
Old 11-02-2016, 09:50 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

LOL !ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM
porcia83
Banned

It's no laughing matter, just the facts Jack, they hit it out of the park.

Can't wait to see what 2017 brings....more members no doubt!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:19 PM
porcia83
Banned

More great news today via e-mail.

Catch the Nov video which goes through a number of things, one of which caught my eye. For folks not able to get out to Muncie for whatever reason, there's a great virtual tour of it. Nice!

http://air.modelaircraft.org/
Old 11-02-2016, 02:08 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

It's almost as if you enjoy conversing with yourself!!!!!!

Astro
Old 11-02-2016, 02:14 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
LOL

Astro
Aww..........you spoiled it. He was up 3 to 1 one on post count in a single thread.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

LOL

Astro
Never...I always have a few folks that join in and spread the good news. What stood out from the list for you?

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Aww..........you spoiled it. He was up 3 to 1 one on post count in a single thread.
It's the cj show, redux. Welcome, we've been waiting. What accomplishment from the list stood out for you?
Old 11-02-2016, 02:36 PM
astrohog

List?
Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by porcia83
Never...I always have a few folks that join in and spread the good news. What stood out from the list for you?

It's the cj show, redux. Welcome, we've been waiting. What accomplishment from the list stood out for you?
Their declaration that the feds Special Rule for Model Aircraft only applies to dues paying AMA members. Their growth plans aren't limited to stretching MultiGP SIG membership. Rah rah!
Old 11-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

It's no laughing matter, just the facts Jack, they hit it out of the park.

Can't wait to see what 2017 brings....more members no doubt!
Meanwhile we are still registering our models with the FAA.........

They've done nothing that won't pad their pockets.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:52 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Meanwhile we are still registering our models with the FAA.........

They've done nothing that won't pad their pockets.
Hey that's a great point. Not many small organizations have the ability to persuade the federal govt do what they want. Do you have any similar examples? As for all that pocket lining, who do you think is lining their pockets, specifically? Are you aware of the salary structure of the EC?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:57 PM
porcia83
Banned

List?
Yes, it's that literary function whereby multiple actions and accomplishments are captured for ease of reading. CJ was able to read it....open the attachment and start in the center. It will take a while, it's a long list.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Maybe porcia's just happy to see our organization still growing. A lot of the rest of us are too, even if it's not quite in the direction WE'D like. Just because people don't respond doesn't mean they don't see and appreciate what's being said.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:49 AM
flyinwalenda

One might also think the person is happier to create drama and other cries for attention . Thus all of the threads started in this forum.
Nice to have a good healthy debate or discussion but that stops when the drama starts.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
One might also think the person is happier to create drama and other cries for attention . Thus all of the threads started in this forum.
Nice to have a good healthy debate or discussion but that stops when the drama starts.
Says the first guy to come into the thread after it was started to post "LOL". Ya, not looking for drama at all right?

You're completely right Brian, about the drama part. I guess all the polls started by Init and all the negative threads started by everyone else over the past 15 years that you participated in had no drama, no cries for attention. Only here in these forums can posting something that is either remotely positive, or even factual about the AMA create drama. It's Pavlovian. The drama starts when folks come in with no other goal then to troll, or make personal attacks like " threads are started to create drama and cries for attention". There isn't a single thread I've started where a select group of folks haven't done the same thing, over and over. It does nothing other than to reinforce what is already known about the AMA forums here. You're part of that as well, either starting or continuing in with the others. More recently too, perhaps emboldened by the whole pack/herd thing. I guess the temptation is just to strong to stay out. You complain about the drama but are right there in the thick of it. If folks were really smart they would just completely ignore the threads and making comments and the thread would be dormant, or it just drifts off into oblivion, even Ken has said this. But we know that's not possible, because folks like you like to keep years old personal grudges alive, and the drama alive and kicking. I perfectly content to post up a thread and let it die off, why aren't you?
Old 11-03-2016, 04:05 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

If it wasn't so tragic it would deserve a LOL!!!
Old 11-03-2016, 04:24 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
If it wasn't so tragic it would deserve a LOL!!!
oh heck, give it the 'ol LOL. Laughing is good!
Old 11-03-2016, 04:39 AM
astrohog

Says the first guy to come into the thread after it was started to post "LOL". Ya, not looking for drama at all right?
Drama is the reason you start these threads in the first place. You thrive on it. Do not jump on the first person to post, take a look in the mirror. Deny it all you want, but you know it, Ken knows it, and all of the regulars here know it.

You're completely right Brian, about the drama part. I guess all the polls started by Init and all the negative threads started by everyone else over the past 15 years that you participated in had no drama, no cries for attention. Only here in these forums can posting something that is either remotely positive, or even factual about the AMA create drama. It's Pavlovian. The drama starts when folks come in with no other goal then to troll, or make personal attacks like " threads are started to create drama and cries for attention". There isn't a single thread I've started where a select group of folks haven't done the same thing, over and over.
Pavlovian. LOL One could say the majority of the threads you start are Pavlovian. How many times have you not liked the direction a thread has turned, so you start a new thread as some kind of rebuttal to the original. When folks respond to that thread in the way you know they will, you try and shame them for it. Pavlovian (name-calling? reminiscent of sheeple, etc. no?) LOL Is it the response to the absurd thread, or the absurd thread that is Pavlovian?

It does nothing other than to reinforce what is already known about the AMA forums here. You're part of that as well, either starting or continuing in with the others. More recently too, perhaps emboldened by the whole pack/herd thing. I guess the temptation is just to strong to stay out. You complain about the drama but are right there in the thick of it. If folks were really smart they would just completely ignore the threads and making comments and the thread would be dormant, or it just drifts off into oblivion, even Ken has said this. But we know that's not possible, because folks like you like to keep years old personal grudges alive, and the drama alive and kicking. I perfectly content to post up a thread and let it die off, why aren't you?
I'll say it one more time, "LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!"

It's laughable that you think you are somehow on the high road here, and others are the problem.

Regards,

Astro
Old 11-03-2016, 08:54 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ken knows it,
Regards,

Astro

Guys,
Please don't put words in my mouth. Because Ken is actually getting sick of the "Drama" ongoing in these threads and is going to start clamping down on it. And before everybody starts pointing fingers at each other saying it's his fault and so on let me stop that right now because we're not going down that road. Everybody needs to stop and check their shorts to see if there are any skid marks in their own shorts before they starts blaming others for having dirty underwear. Several people in this forum have been given warnings in the past and are living on their "last chances" right now, so I'm not going to sit here and tell them individually that they need to start behaving. They know who they are, and they know what I expect of them. But I will tell you all this, I am getting sick and tired of people who think that they can twist what I say into their own perverted meanings here on the AMA Forum. If you want to know what is allowed, then go read The RCU Community Rules. But don't sit in here and say thinks like "Ken said...", or "this doesn't apply to the AMA", or "that's not on topic", etc...... If you want to discuss issues that pertain to the AMA than by all means do so. But if you want to come in to the AMA forum to stir up trouble and then enjoy the fun that comes from the mayhem, then I suggest you get out because I have got a bulls-eye on you already and your days are numbered. Now, let's let this this discussion get back to the topic at hand.

Ken
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's right everyone, "save that drama for the llamas..."
Old 11-03-2016, 09:26 PM
oh44077

I agree with astrohog, this guy is just a bag of wind. needs to get a life rather than go on every forum he can find to start some type of controversy. i must admit he sure has a way with words. don't waste time responding as i am done with reading his crap.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:41 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by oh44077
I agree with astrohog, this guy is just a bag of wind. needs to get a life rather than go on every forum he can find to start some type of controversy. i must admit he sure has a way with words. don't waste time responding as i am done with reading his crap.
Smart man the ignore feature is a wonderful thing. If more used it or just did not respond this would end in a heartbeat.

Mike
Old 11-04-2016, 07:22 AM
porcia83
Banned

I took notice of the $23,000 given out to clubs. Reaching the $1,000,000 mark in scholarships was a nice touch too.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:25 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Smart man the ignore feature is a wonderful thing. If more used it or just did not respond this would end in a heartbeat.

Mike
I could not stand it so I hacked together a Tampermonkey script and now I don't even see the quotes of users on my ignore list!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:01 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

that is a script you could sell.