Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Crickets.... >

Crickets....

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Old 10-15-2022, 07:36 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Wow, talk about your logical fallacies.
That is precisely what you presented earlier. No logical fallacies here....

Astro
Old 10-15-2022, 07:41 AM

It’s all about perspective Hydro. Has FAA shut down any events known to break 400’?
Apparently, it is all about logical fallacies, and here is a fine example of one of yours!

This statement, made by you, is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. Because I am not issued a speeding ticket, does not change the law, and does not mean that LEO's don't, won't or can't enforce it.

Astro
Old 10-15-2022, 07:46 AM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Your logical fallacy was to compare me flying over 400’ to breaking into a neighbors house. If I had made the same idiotic comparison you head would have exploded. Stop projecting your personality shortcomings onto me.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I think its about time the AMA put members first and let none members fend for themselves.
("non-members") Your nasty little jibe doesn't apply to the situation. And never did. What AMA does, or did, unfortunately, had an effect on all RC hobbyists not just those with AMA. At this point however, AMA has been stripped of outside authority and is now left to carry out the administration of FRIAs and whatever other dictates the FAA hands down. The "everyone else fend for yourselves" was accomplished long ago by AMA and the buffoons running it. AMA no longer has any say in the matter.

A
Old 10-15-2022, 07:53 AM

Your logical fallacy was to compare me flying over 400’ to breaking into a neighbors house. If I had made the same idiotic comparison you head would have exploded. Stop projecting your personality shortcomings onto me.
No, my comparison was you breaking the law and justifying it as the same as someone else breaking the law and justifying it.

How is it different?

Why do you need to get personal? I thought you didn't like that?

Astro
Old 10-15-2022, 08:16 AM

AMA ran the whole show, running the hobby into the ground, until they were kicked out by Congress in 2018. Look up the February, 2018 issue of Model Aviation and AMA's idiot president Rich Hanson's column with him scratching his head over how the FAA could disagree with his fantasy that all RC flyer should be forced to join AMA. It wasn't until AMA was slapped upside the ear with FAA's NPRM on Remote ID that AMA got religion about being absolutely,100% an LOS RC flying organization, no mention of all the FPV tutorials for the kids on AMA Flight School. This isn't ancient history. All the same people are still at AMA. There's still time for them to screw things up.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECHO24
AMA ran the whole show, running the hobby into the ground, until they were kicked out by Congress in 2018. Look up the February, 2018 issue of Model Aviation and AMA's idiot president Rich Hanson's column with him scratching his head over how the FAA could disagree with his fantasy that all RC flyer should be forced to join AMA. It wasn't until AMA was slapped upside the ear with FAA's NPRM on Remote ID that AMA got religion about being absolutely,100% an LOS RC flying organization, no mention of all the FPV tutorials for the kids on AMA Flight School. This isn't ancient history. All the same people are still at AMA. There's still time for them to screw things up.
Is this something to worry about?

Old 10-21-2022, 01:47 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Isn't that "Xjet", that crazy guy from NZ? Bruce is his first name? The guy who tried to sue the NZ equivalent of the AMA? I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sky was blue ......

In the video, he claims September 16th as the day all RC model airplanes disappear from US retailers.

Over a month after his "prediction" I can still order an ARF (just checked to be certain)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...3/EFL3000.html
Old 10-21-2022, 04:11 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

Dude is off his meds and has no idea what's actually going on out here and I don't have the brain cells to sacrifice to watch any of his videos but the chances are 99,9 percent he has no idea what he's spouting off about
Old 10-21-2022, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by init4fun
Isn't that "Xjet", that crazy guy from NZ? Bruce is his first name? The guy who tried to sue the NZ equivalent of the AMA? I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sky was blue ......

In the video, he claims September 16th as the day all RC model airplanes disappear from US retailers.

Over a month after his "prediction" I can still order an ARF (just checked to be certain)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...3/EFL3000.html
xjet/Bruce Simpson puts out ridiculous false statements about RC rules, Remote ID, electronics, and just about everything else. A bigger problem is he flat out advocates flying RC illegally in defiance of any rules and the FAA. The core of182,000 followers are idiot outlaw FPVers who don't understand that he is a fraud who himself operates in a rural area of a small country with few RC rules and no consequences for his bad advice, while RCers in the US could get themselves in real trouble.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:00 PM

Along with numerous other ridiculous claims by xjet/Bruce on this panel discussion with FPV influencer Ken Heron, Bruce says Remote ID enforcement will be farmed out to local police who will issue on-the-spot fines and keep the money. At 20:00 Bruce says, "With all the penalties and risks associated, I think a lot of parents will say, 'No, you can't fly drones. Go back to selling drugs on the sidewalk". These mental degenerates embraced by AMA now represent the hobby.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.rogershobbycenter.com/fr...al-rc-aviation I realize that things have changed since this article was printed.
Old 10-23-2022, 05:23 AM

The problem with these types of articles and the aforementioned video is that they are heavily bias and full of speculation. The last sentence of that article clearly shows the bias.
Old 10-23-2022, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem with these types of articles and the aforementioned video is that they are heavily bias and full of speculation. The last sentence of that article clearly shows the bias.
How is "making noise" by contacting the powers to be .......bias? Even the AMA encouraged members to do the same.................................

Mike
Old 10-23-2022, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by rcmiket
How is "making noise" by contacting the powers to be .......bias? Even the AMA encouraged members to do the same.................................

Mike

I was referring to the “ miracles can happen “ comment as to imply that at the time of printing that all this was a done deal. As we all know what shook out was much different then what the FAA actually proposed. As I have stated many times and will continue to state, the FAA has demonstrated their ability to work with us traditional guys. Realistically we are just in the infancy of these regulations and I predict we will see more actions from the FAA that give us a pathway to continue enjoying our hobby. Yes there will be regulation, there was no way to avoid that,
Old 10-23-2022, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by rcmiket

Mike
Because it challenges the "Good ole boy network".
Anybody who does not goose-step to and lick the boot leather of the 'Good ole Boys' are treated like the unwashed masses. How DARE you question those that do all the work? How DARE you challenge your ELECTED OFFICIALS?

You know, the old, "Rules for thee, but not for me" line of thinking.

The 'Good old Boy network' cannot see the forest for the trees, they have licked enough boot leather that they can only advocate for themselves, the lower-class minions can't speak until they learn the secret handshake, or have earned the secret decoder ring....

Astro
Old 10-23-2022, 07:20 AM

I was referring to the “ miracles can happen “ comment as to imply that at the time of printing that all this was a done deal. As we all know what shook out was much different then what the FAA actually proposed. As I have stated many times and will continue to state, the FAA has demonstrated their ability to work with us traditional guys. Realistically we are just in the infancy of these regulations and I predict we will see more actions from the FAA that give us a pathway to continue enjoying our hobby. Yes there will be regulation, there was no way to avoid that,

LOL. Always a excuse. We were all begged to give input.

MIke
Old 10-23-2022, 07:42 AM

No excuse, facing reality. Try it sometime, you may find yourself less angry at the perspectives of complete strangers.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:59 AM

No excuse, facing reality. Try it sometime, you may find yourself less angry at the perspectives of complete strangers.

LOL. Who's angry? I face reality daily but you seem to want to argue and fight with anyone that doesn't see it your way or points out the flaws in your argument. . Go back and read your posts. I hope anyone that's thinking of joining the AMA thinks your what the membership is all about.

Mike
Old 10-23-2022, 10:04 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

You guys need to relax join this US club you will be begging for crickets LOL

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08307&sfnsn=mo

Last edited by Propworn; 10-23-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:07 AM

Mike, my arguments are usually reactionary and come when someone makes embellishments. I agree with you in that I hope that anyone who has face to face experience with me will come to the conclusion that I am a typical AMA/ club member. Don’t make the mistake that you know me based on RCU.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:42 AM

I've been wondering how Flight Test will comply with Remote ID. They might have to form an AMA club unless they get some kind of exemption from the requirement for sponsoring flying fields. As great as Flight Test is, they are basically a YouTube channel and only have the one field.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:33 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

ya know,

it is getting easy to tell just how far things have slowly slid downhill...

a thread about how silent the forum is, has turned into just another pitch and moan thread about everything faa & ama.

i am sure ya can all figure out the spelling mistake, on yer own.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:34 PM

Speculation? This so-called "bias" is not coming from some internet expert but a long-time RC business forced to close. If you bothered to look at their about page, after 50 years in business Roger's Hobby Center closed for good on July 17, 2021. And this gem (January, 2020): "R/C aircraft sales are already down to historic depths... The R/C aviation hobby died for us years ago, and is, sadly, continuing to wither away." All under the management of AMA (sorry Mongo).

Old 10-23-2022, 03:50 PM

Lots of businesses fold due to not having the vision to evolve with the market. As far as the retail hobby industry you can look to now gone Tower/Hobbico and Horizon for a fair share of the downfall of the hobby industry. We the consumers looking to save a dollar here and there rather then supporting the local shops have done some damage as well. The bulk of lost interest is just that, there are far more activities and technology to keep the younger generations occupied with less effort. The “ participation trophy “ generation is just not interested in a hobby that requires effort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.