Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

While AMA talks, FAA acts...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

While AMA talks, FAA acts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 04:49 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Why not just put a "For Sale" section on the website and let the stuff sell itself? It would be free and, rather than paying to take it all over the country at a loss, let the purchaser figure out how to get whatever they buy home
Old 01-24-2019, 05:21 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It lacks the "Looky what I brung you!" effect. Reminds me of the scene in the movie The Right Stuff. Where LBJ throws a BBQ (Texas style) for the Mercury Astronauts. And he announces to the crowd "Looky what I brung you!" Then a stripper takes the stage.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 AM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Take 5 gorillas and put them in a large cage.
Put a ladder in the cage as well and hang a bunch of bananas from the top of the cage. Eventually one of the gorillas will use the ladder to try and get the bananas. When this happens, spray the entire group of gorillas with cold water from a hose. Sooner or later the gorillas will come to associate trying to get the bananas with being sprayed with cold water and attempts to get the bananas will cease. Now remove one of the gorillas and replace it with a new one. Naturally the new gorilla will attempt to get the bananas, and the others will immediately attack him and beat him up. The new gorilla will soon associate attempts to get the bananas with getting beaten up, and attempts to get the bananas will cease. At that point remove another of the original group and replace it with another. When the second new gorilla attempts to get the bananas, the rest, including the first replacement gorilla, will attack the newcomer. Repeat this scenario until all 5 of the original gorillas have been replaced. At this point, you will have 5 gorillas in the cage, NONE of whom have ever been sprayed with cold water for attempting to get the bananas. Now remove the first replacement gorilla, and replace HIM with a new gorilla. The newbie will try to get the bananas and get beaten up for it. Now, remember, none of the other 4 gorillas have ever been sprayed with cold water, and do not know why attempts to get the bananas will result in getting pummeled. But if any of the group is replaced, the others will see to it that the beatings are enforced.
WHY?
Because we've always done it this way!
And now you know how the AMA operates.