Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
And thatís exactly what you have provided in your response. Taking credit for some unnamed fun fly, largest in the state that according to you, resulting in some impressive donations again to an unnamed recipient. As you have so often said where is the proof of this?
Yep. I lied. Just to impress you. LOL

Originally Posted by propworn
Wow you talk about ego, lack of humility you have it all. My experience with events large and small, for a charity or betterment of the club coffers always, always needed the buy in from the whole club and as many volunteers, sponsors and participants, club members or not to make the endeavor a success.
Your point?

Your attitude towards early arrivals and those who offer to help even though they came as participants clearly shows you donít have the personal intellect to hold a position where one might be required to exercise a little empathy.
Clearly! LOL

I think its pretty obvious your character and how you treat others.
The only two here that don't get much respect from me are you and speed. I think you know why....

Arriving early is always about getting a better spot. Organizers will most likely encourage early arrivals so they have some idea of how the event will be attended. We always arrive early so that the group of us get camping spots together and not spread out. Many of us are coming from different places and itís more fun to camp together. The wives are also friends and get together and take a road trip together during the days of flying. Often times they will shop for our evening BBQ. They have even done the beer run for us when we have been busy helping set up.

As far as setting traffic cones if that is what they need I donít have a problem with that. So far no traffic cones but I have spent time working the parking lot. Yep Iím happy to be able to help and I encourage others to do the same.

Some of us stay the night following the event just so we donít have to fight the traffic and helped take the event down. It doesnít take long and after itís done everyone gets in some informal flying. Many times you get to meet and fly with the club members that were to busy to fly during the event. Made quite a few friends this way and have met up and worked with some year after year.
You prove how full of yourself you are by trying to portray me as a noob and one who has not experienced any of the things you list. Just another indicator of your tenured membership in the good-ole-boy-club.

Astro you shouldnít get your knickers in such a bunch and take your own advice and try it sometime.
No bunched knickers here! Seems quite the contrary. In my experience, it's the bunched knickers that cause people to threaten physical harm and call folks names......

Astro
​​​​
Old 10-17-2020, 09:26 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
Yep. I lied. Just to impress you. ​​​​
Some how I believe youíre closer to the truth than you care to admit.

The only two here that don't get much respect from me are you and speed. I think you know why.... ​​​​

I thought it was obvious at least Iím not willing to lower my standards enough that I would care for your respect. I donít think I would care to know or associate with someone whose sole purpose in life seems to be to suck the enjoyment out of it.

You prove how full of yourself you are by trying to portray me as a noob and one who has not experienced any of the things you list. Just another indicator of your tenured membership in the good-ole-boy-club. ​​​​

Not a noob but a knob.

Iím a proud member of the good-ole-boy-club we enjoy the company of the rawest beginner to the most experienced modeller. Including the young to the ancient LOL. We get together whenever the occasion arises. At events or just plain visits. In fact last summer I spent a month traveling through the north eastern US and Newfoundland. Met new people and got reacquainted with some I havenít had contact with in years. Flew from fields when possible and stood on and flew from the airstrip that Amelia Earhart used when she left North America to cross the ocean. It serves as the local model airstrip as well as local grass strip for full size. Great group of guys and gals on both sides of the border. You obviously havenít tried it or you would have realized long ago what a waste your constant complaining and bitxhing is.

No bunched knickers here! Seems quite the contrary. In my experience, it's the bunched knickers that cause people to threaten physical harm and call folks names......Astro
​​​​

Come on Astro with your delightful personality and knack for meaningful dialogue I cannot believe you havenít had more than a few offers of an attitude adjustment. Do like any normal adult does deal with it. You sound like a bloody five year old yelling ďMom heís looking at me againĒ.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

'Sigh....', sadly what started out as a fun thread has been crushed by the usual miscreants and malcontents. Some of you guys just can't leave a good topic alone and feel it necessary to kick in the door slobbering and wailing to once again puke on everything.

Sheesh, what a bunch of dipsticks.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:02 PM
init4fun

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
'Sigh....', sadly what started out as a fun thread has been crushed by the usual miscreants and malcontents. Some of you guys just can't leave a good topic alone and feel it necessary to kick in the door slobbering and wailing to once again puke on everything.

Sheesh, what a bunch of dipsticks.
Every so often I pop in and try to reel my happy thread back to the light hearted intent of it's creation , , , , , and in that spirit I'll post up my next pic .

call me crazy , but , I really like the slightly twisted humor in this picture

Old 10-18-2020, 01:56 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

LOL, I tried some flying yesterday. Low flying aircraft definitely applied as I poked into the low cloud cover a couple of times.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't knock it, at least you have gotten outside. I haven't really left my couch, mostly due to sleeping on it. I guess that's the breaks of working the overnight shift part of last week and all but one of the Fridays for the next four weeks. The next two Fridays, I get to be human and work the day shift while I have the last of the four on the afternoon shift. What sucks is I have to work at least three overnights every week and the week I get Friday off, I'm working five so I'll probably be spending Friday sleeping. The question now is who's schedule would you rather have?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:40 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

I feel for ya for sure. My schedule right now is pretty easy, 6:00-2:30 M-F. Then again I'm getting paid accordingly. The sacrifice is well worth it, we love being close to our grand daughter and seeing my wife with her is worth a million in the bank. It sure would be nice to be earning union aerospace wages with one day a month at double time like I did at Aerojet prior to the move though. Rest when you can.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't get union wages either. I get time and a half after 40 hours which, for the next few weeks, I won't be getting. The night shift is only 7 hours so, for this week, I'm looking at 31 hours or so. The bad part is I won't be able to work on anything since, between my commute and work hours, I'll be looking at over 8 hours tonight and tomorrow, 9+ for Tuesday night and 10+ for Friday. The only day I might be able to get anything accomplished will be Thursday and that depends on how well I sleep on Wednesday night