Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Old 11-07-2021, 06:49 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Sorry if I find some humor in your last post init4. Not quite the same but we have for several years now had regular posters in this forum who don’t identify themselves either. We even had one ( Appowner ) whom got himself banned for unknown reasons create a sock account and returned as Retiredat38.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:11 AM
init4fun

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Sorry if I find some humor in your last post init4. Not quite the same but we have for several years now had regular posters in this forum who donít identify themselves either. We even had one ( Appowner ) whom got himself banned for unknown reasons create a sock account and returned as Retiredat38.
Hi Speed, Yeah, I rethought it and decided it was kinda small potatoes for me to gripe about the mod who moved my thread being anonymous, and I figured it don't belong here in the happy thread. And your 100% right about people who show up without identifying themselves, we regular posters here all know each other through the info we've shared. You have posted your name and I've posted my AMA number here countless times, it brings a sense of familiarity among us. That's why it irked me that the mod identified themself as "Guest" , as though we have no right to know whose patrolling the forum . Anyway, I hope all of my fellow AMA brethren are healthy & happy and hopefully are getting busy with the start of the "Building Season" (I may finally dust off a Corsair kit I've been sitting on for a few too many years now )
Old 11-07-2021, 07:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 161 Likes on 129 Posts

I sent you a PM explaining all this but that was me. There's a check box to notify the poster via PM and I assumed it would tell you it was me vice "guest"

The thread was shipped off to full scale because it had nothing to do with AMA or even model aviation, if it would have been in Clubhouse I would have left it be.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:56 AM
init4fun

Thank You for the response Andy, I appreciate it.

My reason for putting that here was that I've read enough posts here about the supposed lack of safety awareness at our AMA club fields and I figured I'd show that safety lapses aren't exclusive to our clubs and can and do happen even in the full scale world. At the club I belong to sure people make the occasional mistake, but there is no endemic safety disregard among our members. A mistake learned from and never repeated is just that, a mistake VS the implication that we are all a bunch of yahoos who regularly flaunt the rules of safe operation.

Anyway, thank you again for your post and here's to a fun and safe 2022 flying season
Old 11-07-2021, 08:35 AM
BarracudaHockey

Cheers!
Old 11-10-2021, 07:21 PM
ECHO24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I sent you a PM explaining all this but that was me. There's a check box to notify the poster via PM and I assumed it would tell you it was me vice "guest"

The thread was shipped off to full scale because it had nothing to do with AMA or even model aviation, if it would have been in Clubhouse I would have left it be.
Off-topic for sure but amazing. What stands out is how long it took to recover and how easy a stall/spin can end in disaster.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:25 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Off-topic for sure but amazing. What stands out is how long it took to recover and how easy a stall/spin can end in disaster.

It appeared to me that the pilot was fighting it from the beginning. I had mentioned the full right aileron which only accelerated the stall/spin. Hydro was correct in that the pilot should have neutralized the controls, built up some speed and then pulled out.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:35 AM
ECHO24

It appeared to me that the pilot was fighting it from the beginning. I had mentioned the full right aileron which only accelerated the stall/spin. Hydro was correct in that the pilot should have neutralized the controls, built up some speed and then pulled out.
The plane heeled over left because the left engine was at idle, the prop feathered, and only the right engine was maintaining airspeed. The plane stalled when too many jumpers got out and moved the CG back. The left aileron was already somewhat down to counteract the weight of the jumpers and the plane stalled flying straight and level. The further input afterwards had no impact. The pilot pulled back the power on the right engine and recovered.

Old 11-13-2021, 07:10 AM
speedracerntrixie

Can’t tell from the video if the left engine was feathered or not. If it were the pilot would be compensating with right rudder which should have had the airplane break right when the stall happened. The jumpers weren’t aft enough or had a sufficient enough distance from the center of the airplane to create much of a lateral balance issue. Neither CG shift was large enough to actually cause the stall. IMO the pilot just got too slow, the airplane stalled and broke left which indicates that for whatever reason the left wing stalled first, possibly the stab is what stalled due to the turbulence created by the jumpers and low speed. Giving full right aileron was a rookie mistake, the airfoil was already past its critical AOA so adding aileron only increased the AOA more and tightened the spiral.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:06 PM
ECHO24

Canít tell from the video if the left engine was feathered or not. If it were the pilot would be compensating with right rudder which should have had the airplane break right when the stall happened. The jumpers werenít aft enough or had a sufficient enough distance from the center of the airplane to create much of a lateral balance issue. Neither CG shift was large enough to actually cause the stall. IMO the pilot just got too slow, the airplane stalled and broke left which indicates that for whatever reason the left wing stalled first, possibly the stab is what stalled due to the turbulence created by the jumpers and low speed. Giving full right aileron was a rookie mistake, the airfoil was already past its critical AOA so adding aileron only increased the AOA more and tightened the spiral.
The pilot gives a complete account of the incident in the comments.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:24 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all here who still celebrate it.....

Astro
Old 11-26-2021, 02:38 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all here who still celebrate it.....

Astro
Thank You my Friend, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family !

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of our fellow AMA forum posters, I hope all of your holidays are great
Old 11-26-2021, 07:38 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

a humbug i say, bah humbug!

<G>
Old 11-27-2021, 09:39 AM
flyboy2610

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
a humbug i say, bah humbug!

<G>
Wrong holiday.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:40 PM
mongo

gotta stay in practice.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:20 AM
init4fun

So Grandma got run over by a reindeer, big deal, , , it looks like Santa's got bigger problems at the moment

And to think we were worried about drones VS airliners......

Old 12-03-2021, 07:51 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
So Grandma got run over by a reindeer, big deal, , , it looks like Santa's got bigger problems at the moment

And to think we were worried about drones VS airliners......
Since just about anything that is not N-numbered has largely been lumped into "drone" status, couldn't Santa's sleigh be considered a drone as well?

Cheers!

Astro
Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 AM
BarracudaHockey

Actually it does, they rarely show the bottom but it's N1NP
Old 12-03-2021, 11:46 AM
mongo

they had to have an identifier for all those radar progress reports.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:33 AM
init4fun

Sorry kiddos, Santa's gonna be a bit late this year............

Old 12-23-2021, 12:18 PM
astrohog

At least we can blame this on the liberals too! LOL

Merry Christmas everybody!

Astro
Old 12-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts

Was Santa on a test flight or just training new reindeer when that happened?
Old 12-24-2021, 12:46 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
At least we can blame this on the liberals too! LOL

Merry Christmas everybody!

Astro
Thank You Astro, and I truly wish a great & merry Christmas to you and all of our fellow AMA forum posters !!!!! 2022 is right around the corner and hopefully we all get some great flying time in the new year
Old 12-25-2021, 06:01 AM
init4fun

Well, even though ol Santa needed a bit of help from above, he appears to have completed the mission yet again..........

Old 12-25-2021, 06:13 AM
BarracudaHockey

That must have been before this happened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.