Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Covid-19, Sanctioned Events, & Aging Demographic

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Covid-19, Sanctioned Events, & Aging Demographic

Old 04-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

So, are you saying YOU ARE Franklin or are you are surprised at the thread that was started by him?
Old 04-08-2020, 06:17 AM
ECHO24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
So, are you saying YOU ARE Franklin or are you are surprised at the thread that was started by him?
I'm not franklin. I found him here through a search of the name.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Wow being accused of being a Franklin. Isn't there something you can take for that?
LOL

Last edited by Propworn; 04-08-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:43 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Wow being accused of being a Franklin. Isn't there something you can take for that?
LOL
A few comments got me tagged as franklin by some AMA supporters.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
A few comments got me tagged as franklin by some AMA supporters.
Yes I gathered that just having a chuckle at the minions expense.
Dennis
Old 04-08-2020, 10:55 AM
init4fun

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes I gathered that just having a chuckle at the minions expense.
Dennis
Is it just me or is Hog's fan-boy-itis for Franklin getting a bit on the weird side??????
Originally Posted by mongo View Post
it is just you
Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
I concur! LOL!
It's just you in this case. Astro put up legitimate rebuttals to Mr Strowe's comments, doing so without attacking or being demeaning. The exchange between them is what this forum should have, not the constant attack posts that many of us have been involved in
Gee , it's sure starting to look like Dennis has some kind of strange "Franklin Fixation" thing goin on , maybe that's the basis for all the Franklin hate , maybe Dennis actually hates himself for the secret crush he appears to have for Franklin ????
Old 04-08-2020, 11:13 AM
init4fun

Come on you guys are like little puppies. Frankin this Franklin that if they opened it up I can hear the puppies now like, like, like, lick, lick, like .LOL

But that's just it , everyone here DOES post about things other than Franklin , , , , Everyone but you ........
Old 04-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Echo 24, you'll have to pardon Propworm. Any time Franklin's name is mentioned, he just can't help but make an ***** of himself by belittling(at best) or downright harassing(at worst since the moderators are watching this forum) everyone that might agree with Franklin's posts. For someone to say you're account was a Franklin "shill" just gave Propworm something else to go off on

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 04-08-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

and,
ya gotta cut prop a little slack, after all, he is a canadian...
Old 04-08-2020, 01:29 PM
R_Strowe

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
and,
ya gotta cut prop a little slack, after all, he is a canadian...
Are you sure heís Canadian? Havenít seen any fart jokes....

R_Strowe
Old 04-08-2020, 01:39 PM
ECHO24

Echo 24, you'll have to pardon Propworm. Any time Franklin's name is mentioned, he just can't help but make an ***** of himself by belittling(at best) or downright harassing(at worst since the moderators are watching this forum) everyone that might agree with Franklin's posts. For someone to say you're account was a Franklin "shill" just gave Propworm something else to go off on
What was franklin kicked out of RCGroups over?
Old 04-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Propworn

Here come da minions LOL. Careful Echo24 your either with em or against them LOL!!!!!!!

Dennis
Old 04-08-2020, 01:45 PM
ECHO24

Why was franklin kicked out of RCGroups?
Old 04-08-2020, 01:48 PM
init4fun

Hi Hydro , For real , just once I'd like to see Dennis attempt to refute one of Franklin's points , or anyone else's points out here for that matter , without the personal attacks that accompany all of his posts . If Dennis or anyone else were to post actual facts that refute one of Franklin's posts of course I'd agree with the facts , but that's just it , by the time Franklin posts something he appears to have done his research well beforehand and so his points are usually pretty well reinforced . And then , when one of Franklin's talking points IS solid , the BS name calling and trolling starts derailing the discussion so the point becomes buried in a sea of off topic garbage and personal attacks .
Old 04-08-2020, 01:51 PM
jcmors

Why was franklin kicked out of RCGroups?
I think the best way to get an answer to that question would be to send a private message to Franklin himself unless he wishes to answer you here.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:02 PM
init4fun

Here come da minions LOL. Careful Echo24 your either with em or against them LOL!!!!!!!

Dennis
The minions VS the AMAish , , , maybe not quite the Jets VS the Sharks but I guess it's enough to feed your Troll Jones since you keep coming back for more ....
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Dennis
Not true, the only one that's against anyone here is you. I know Speed and I have our differences but, in other forums, more often than not, we have actually made posts that not only are civil, we've actually backed each other up on many occasion. Seems to me that Init4 fun is correct, the only one here that's only here to stir the pot is you as I've never seen you post anywhere except the AMA forum. That does have me wondering if you actually build or create anything or do you just fly ARFs? I think this is one of these questions that just makes you want to go "HMMMMMM"
Old 04-08-2020, 03:40 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was franklin kicked out of RCGroups over?
I didn't even know he was over there! Same name???

I like to read his comments because he is 'thinking' and then gets me to wonder a bit about what I 'think'. Not a bad thing - me thinking that is

Jerry
Old 04-08-2020, 05:14 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by tailskid View Post
I didn't even know he was over there! Same name???

I like to read his comments because he is 'thinking' and then gets me to wonder a bit about what I 'think'. Not a bad thing - me thinking that is

Jerry
And once again, I find myself looking for the non-existent like button........

Astro
Old 04-09-2020, 07:05 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by jcmors View Post
I think the best way to get an answer to that question would be to send a private message to Franklin himself unless he wishes to answer you here.
Thanks jcmores. Sorry for the duplicate post. Power went out. I'm waiting for answer from franklin, but it looks like franklin
has the facts to back up what he says. I can see where that would infuriate some AMA defenders.

In my case, I posted this from AMA's NPRM comment, "AMA members only fly VLOS", and pointed out a video in AMA's
flight school drone section on putting together a long-range FPV setup and links to tips and tweaks for longer range. It's
basically a tutorial on BVLOS, in contradiction to AMA's spotter rules and the FAA. It's an open secret that AMA doesn't
enforce these rules and that they are routinely ignored when no one is watching.

I posted a couple of other things from AMA's comment, but it was AMA's acceptance of illegal FPV that brought out the
AMA mob condemning me for bringing it up. It didn't help that one of those links on long-range FPV tips was by AMA's
Jim T. Graham, who runs RCGroups.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:33 AM
jcmors

Thanks jcmores. Sorry for the duplicate post. Power went out. I'm waiting for answer from franklin, but it looks like franklin
has the facts to back up what he says. I can see where that would infuriate some AMA defenders.

In my case, I posted this from AMA's NPRM comment, "AMA members only fly VLOS", and pointed out a video in AMA's
flight school drone section on putting together a long-range FPV setup and links to tips and tweaks for longer range. It's
basically a tutorial on BVLOS, in contradiction to AMA's spotter rules and the FAA. It's an open secret that AMA doesn't
enforce these rules and that they are routinely ignored when no one is watching.

I posted a couple of other things from AMA's comment, but it was AMA's acceptance of illegal FPV that brought out the
AMA mob condemning me for bringing it up. It didn't help that one of those links on long-range FPV tips was by AMA's
Jim T. Graham, who runs RCGroups.
Many such contradictions exist regarding what is said and the reality of what is actually practiced. It's the old "Do as I say, not as I do" concept.

I'm really not sure why pointing out such a thing would cause you to be suspended. In my humble opinion (which, coupled with 4 or 5 dollars will get you a latte at a coffee shop... if you can find one open) it should not have. It is sad to see that merely being accused of being Franklin would have gotten you suspended. One thing I believe you can count on is that any answer you may receive from Franklin will be straight forward and, as usual, backed by facts and data. Agree with his opinions or not, it is difficult to refute hard facts.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Hydro , For real , just once I'd like to see Dennis attempt to refute one of Franklin's points , or anyone else's points out here for that matter , without the personal attacks that accompany all of his posts . If Dennis or anyone else were to post actual facts that refute one of Franklin's posts of course I'd agree with the facts , but that's just it , by the time Franklin posts something he appears to have done his research well beforehand and so his points are usually pretty well reinforced . And then , when one of Franklin's talking points IS solid , the BS name calling and trolling starts derailing the discussion so the point becomes buried in a sea of off topic garbage and personal attacks .
Franklin isnít even on the radar. Franklin is Franklin Iím not interested in influencing him or changing his opinions. Heís only one voice quite easy for the AMA to ignore. As far as debating/arguing with him, for me I have much more productive ways to spend my time. His minions/fan boys are what 6 full time and maybe 6 or so part time. You guys are much more fun after all at less than 1 percent in fact somewhere around .004 percent of the AMA membership and none of you half the wordsmith, as a group your combined influence is probably less than Franklin by himself. All you seem to be able to do is reiterate what ever he has said/posted. On the other hand all I have to do is post one or two puns and you guys trip over each other to take exception/defend his lordships honor. Are you guys even one percent of the membership on this forum? Pure entertainment while I am off work at home LOL. Some of the guys from work have asked if you guys are still at it and I have given them the link to the topic since we cannot sit together and enjoy your posts they can follow it on their own.

Dennis
Old 04-09-2020, 09:05 AM
init4fun

Franklin isnít even on the radar. Franklin is Franklin Iím not interested in influencing him or changing his opinions. Heís only one voice quite easy for the AMA to ignore. As far as debating/arguing with him, for me I have much more productive ways to spend my time. His minions/fan boys are what 6 full time and maybe 6 or so part time. You guys are much more fun after all at less than 1 percent in fact somewhere around .004 percent of the AMA membership and none of you half the wordsmith, as a group your combined influence is probably less than Franklin by himself. All you seem to be able to do is reiterate what ever he has said/posted. On the other hand all I have to do is post one or two puns and you guys trip over each other to take exception/defend his lordships honor. Are you guys even one percent of the membership on this forum? Pure entertainment while I am off work at home LOL. Some of the guys from work have asked if you guys are still at it and I have given them the link to the topic since we cannot sit together and enjoy your posts they can follow it on their own.

Dennis
And this is the rant of a man who doesn't have a Franklin Fixation goin on , , , , , R I G H T

Dude , your as transparent as a clean window on a sunny day
Old 04-09-2020, 09:16 AM
init4fun

........ I am NOT defending Franklin's talking points here , but I will most certainly defend the Man's right to air his opinions just as anyone else here has the right to air theirs . You don't like his opinions/views ? Fine ! By all means attack his talking points and prove to me how their wrong , for real I'll listen to any point/counterpoint you want to present . But when you stoop to the low of attacking someone personally by threatening to have him banned for his opinions , which don't break any RCU rules (or he'd have already been banned long before you joined 1 1/2 months ago) , that's the behavior of a coward in my view , someone who'd rather "shoot the messenger" rather than refute the message .

For my "on topic" part of all of this , a LOT more than just the AMA have been caught off guard with the virus , and once the "rest of the iceberg" was finally seen I believe most organizations , the AMA included , have behaved properly by encouraging the all important "Social Distancing" .......
So , thinking beyond scheduled events which are all pretty much canceled at this point (if not by the people who scheduled them , by the different State's "Social Distancing" mandates) , I'm left wondering , If this virus disruption of daily life continues for some undetermined number of months to come , how will RC flying clubs (like the one I belong to) be able to conduct the business usually done at the regular meetings ? I think one of those on line "Go to Meeting" type softwares would be perfect , since we're in such a tech heavy hobby anyway I'd bet even the older club members have internet access (just look around at all of us fossils posting here ) . I'd bet meeting participation would actually go up if the physical trip to the club field for the meeting was eliminated , and it would get club business done without disobeying the "No gatherings over X* amount of people" restrictions currently in place .

* Last I heard , our Governor Charlie Baker set the limit at 25 or less , this may have changed to an even smaller number recently but last I heard it was 25
Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
I watched news conferences from both CA and NY Governors, and there's a rapidly growing frustration with those who are not following the rules they've set. My state is one step away from a shelter in place order, which I expect to see in a matter of days. I think your plan to do meetings virtually is outstanding.
Gee Dennis , not only did I disagree with the point of the AMA dropping the ball on the virus response , but then afterward Franklin agreed with a point of mine (remote club meetings) , Gee wiz , does that mean Franklin is actually one of , , , , , , , , MY minions ?!?!?!?!? Oh the horror , can Franklin actually arouse such passion in anyone else , , , but you ?!?!?!? ...... Your cover up act is tired , ya might as well just come on outta the closet with your obvious attraction for the guy

Last edited by init4fun; 04-09-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Hydro Junkie

Want to see the Worm go crazy? IGNORE HIM AND HIS POSTS!!!! He seems to thrive on attention so, if we ignore him...………….
maybe he'll just go away or, shrivel up and die

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.