Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

July MA - AMA CFO Paints Grim Economic Future

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

July MA - AMA CFO Paints Grim Economic Future

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

What I find interesting is that you came into this thread last night and didn't type a word. Today, Franklin puts a post you didn't like and you're all over the keyboard.
Apparently, you ignored my posts that I DIRECTED RIGHT AT YOU, even put your name in them. I guess I'm not good enough to respond to but anything Franklin says requires a response. Must be that I don't fly competition planes so I don't warrant your attention. Either that or you couldn't find any way to respond without making yourself look foolish. I guess we'll never know since we unwashed masses of non competition flyers aren't worth your time
Old 07-04-2020, 05:36 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
LOL, you ALLOW people to have their opinions unless you don't agree with them.
Unless the FACTS don't support their opinion (you DO understand that opinions can be WRONG? Yes, everybody is entitled to them (even the wrong ones), it simply doesn't make them credible). Has nothing to do with my opinion. Well, actually, it kind of does, because my opinions are always based on facts, not fantasy.....
IMO
Your opinion holds no merit for me anymore. You've proven that your opinions are not based on any kind of reality, just YOUR FANTASY!

Or are you too busy kissing his ass?
AND....there you go again! You sir, are brimming with class!

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 07-04-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:39 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

LOL, can't say anything about one of you without having the whole MOB getting involved. You guys going to be protesting on the freeway later tonight too?

But *** Hydro, no your post did not warrant a response, I did have better things to do. However your comparison to the economic situation of the rest of the country had no bearing on the discussion. Why? Because economically speaking how can the AMA contribute to Seattle, Portland or any other metropolitan area on the other side of the country? They can't can they. Now how can they economically contribute to the community in which the choose to HQ? They can hold the Nats. Dozens of Muncie businesses benifit.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:45 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by astrohog
Unless the FACTS don't support their opinion (you DO understand that opinions can be WRONG? Yes, everybody is entitled to them (even the wrong ones), it simply doesn't make them credible). Has nothing to do with my opinion. Well, actually, it kind of does, because my opinions are always based on facts, not fantasy.....

Your opinion holds no merit for me anymore. You've proven that your opinions are not based on any kind of reality, just YOUR FANTASY!

AND....there you go again! You sir, are brimming with class!

Astro

What not going to dispute the fact that Franklin gets personal in this forum while you ride his coat tails?
Old 07-04-2020, 05:55 PM
astrohog

What not going to dispute the fact that Franklin gets personal in this forum while you ride his coat tails?
IF he were the only one doing it, and IF it was in EVERY ONE of his posts, I might, but I noticed he really only does it when someone else (umm...YOU?) jabs with a personal attack first. Since we are presumably all adults here, I think that is fair....

Do you feel you should have a monopoly on the personal attacks? What qualifies you for that benefit? 5 digit AMA number? $10K worth of toy airplanes? being a, "competition" modeler?

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 07-04-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:58 PM
astrohog

while you ride his coat tails?
UMMM...for the umpteenth time, please back up your statements with facts. You have yet to do so despite my asking you to do so about a dozen times.
Where, pray tell, have I ridden on Franklin's coat tails? LOL

Just another made-up fantasy of yours! Just because you make claims, does not make them true. Just like your opinions....

Astro
Old 07-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Hydro Junkie

LOL, can't say anything about one of you without having the whole MOB getting involved. You guys going to be protesting on the freeway later tonight too?

But *** Hydro, no your post did not warrant a response, I did have better things to do. However your comparison to the economic situation of the rest of the country had no bearing on the discussion. Why? Because economically speaking how can the AMA contribute to Seattle, Portland or any other metropolitan area on the other side of the country? They can't can they. Now how can they economically contribute to the community in which the choose to HQ? They can hold the Nats. Dozens of Muncie businesses benifit.
Actually, my post had nothing to do with where a Nat can be held. We could hold one right in Redmond at Marymoor Park. It's only the fact that Muncie has the AMA HQ that makes that site "the gold standard".
MY posts, that you deem beneath your exalted status, were not comparing any of the locations I mentioned ability to hold a national event. What they all have in common with Muncie is they are all tourist based economies, be it almost completely(like Leavenworth) or at least partially(and YES, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver BC all depend on tourism, just not as much as Seaside, Ocean Shores and Leavenworth). So, while you're lamenting the fact that the major sponsors have pulled out of Muncie and the AMA is going to have to go it alone, just think about how much our local communities are also suffering due to people not traveling to them. Muncie may take a slight hit but Leavenworth could end up being a historical side note due to people not going there due to the corona virus. Now, IF THAT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND, MOVE TO YOUR PRECIOUS MUNCIE AND SUPPORT THE AMA'S MONUMENT TO ITSELF. I'm pretty sure we unwashed locals can survive without you
Old 07-04-2020, 06:32 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by franklin_m

We have AMA nobility in this forum, one of the Knights of the Taj-Muncie Round Table.

By all means Astro, show me where Andy provoked Franklin to make this disparaging comment.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:37 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Actually, my post had nothing to do with where a Nat can be held. We could hold one right in Redmond at Marymoor Park.

Nor did mine. I was simply stating that ANY event that the AMA holds in Muncie would add to the local Muncie economy.

As far as holding the Nats in Redmond, I'm afraid you just don't realize how huge of an undertaking that would be.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:39 PM
astrohog

By all means Astro, show me where Andy provoked Franklin to make this disparaging comment.
What's your point? ONE instance? Have you looked in the mirror? Nearly EVERY one of your posts contain personally-charged statements towards those who you disagree with. I hardly think you, of all people, should be pointing fingers...

Not too mention the whole quid pro quo thing. I have asked you far to many questions with no response from you to be answering ANY of yours.

Astro
Old 07-04-2020, 06:48 PM
speedracerntrixie

You've gotten plenty of answers, just most don't fit in your little box so you disregard them. Try to realize that others have different perspectives then you.

One example? Are you effing kidding me? Should I start going back and post everytime he was a sarcastic ass with zero provocation while you just sat and let it go? Again the only time you call anyone out for getting personal are when the hold an opinion different then yours. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Nor did mine. I was simply stating that ANY event that the AMA holds in Muncie would add to the local Muncie economy.

As far as holding the Nats in Redmond, I'm afraid you just don't realize how huge of an undertaking that would be.
Actually, I do know how much work it is. I've worked on several state festivals and been involved with a couple of national conventions as well. Your NATs don't hold a candle to 1400 dancers in 10+ venues with dozens of people entertaining them ALL AT THE SAME TIME and that was only one state festival I've been associated with. Almost forgot, at that festival I was an assistant general chairman, meaning that everyone on the committee had to answer to me first and the general chairman second. As far as the National Conventions go:
Seattle hosted one in 1981, with a total of 24,400 in attendance
Anaheim hosted in 1988, with 27,000 in attendance
Portland hosted in 1994, with 21,200 in attendance
Anaheim hosted again in 2001, with 13,000 in attendance
Portland hosted again 2005, with 8200 in attendance
Long Beach hosted in 2009, with 5,000 in attendance
Spokane hosted in 2012, with 5600 in attendance
I was involved with the last four, having to deal with 31,800 people. They were attended by people from Japan, Australia, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Canada and Great Britain as well as from the US. Don't even try to tell me I don't know what's involved

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-04-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 PM
astrohog

You've gotten plenty of answers,
Nope, you just play pigeon chess.......
just most don't fit in your little box so you disregard them.
I just explained that one. If they hold no FACTS, they are disregarded. I could give two shakes for someone's FEELINGS, they just don't matter where these topics are concerned.
Try to realize that others have different perspectives then you.
I'm about to toss some personal slams out there if you just keep regurgitating and repeating yourself...
One example? Are you effing kidding me? Should I start going back and post everytime he was a sarcastic ass with zero provocation while you just sat and let it go.
ZERO provocation? Are you INSANE? He NEVER strayed from anything but professional to you until YOU started with the personal crap. JUST STOP! You are a WHINER. BE the bigger man and just STOP. I guarantee if YOU STOP, there will be no more personal attacks, but you CAN'T..

Have you stopped to consider that Franklin has been nothing but professional to me. You, on the other hand is a whole different story. Maybe you should consider treating others with the respect that you wish to be treated with. That is another lesson I think I learned in the third grade.
Again the only time you call anyone out for getting personal are when the hold an opinion different then yours. Hypocrisy at its finest.
No, the only time I call people out for personal attacks is.....drum roll......when they make personal attacks.

You seem very full of yourself and have called out just about everyone here at one time or another. IF you are such a big man, put the past behind you and refrain from the personal crap. See what happens.. (remember, sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me). I think that one was from round about the third grade as well. See the pattern yet?

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 07-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:08 PM
astrohog

Actually, I do know how much work it is.
Don't bother, it is clear that nobody here is as good as, or meets Speedy's standards at ANYTHING.

He is RIGHT, we are WRONG.

Astro
Old 07-04-2020, 07:15 PM
Hydro Junkie

Don't bother, it is clear that nobody here is as good as, or meets Speedy's standards at ANYTHING.

He is RIGHT, we are WRONG.

Astro
At least in his mind. Too bad he's got nothing to base that assumption on.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:25 PM
astrohog

At least in his mind. Too bad he's got nothing to base that assumption on.
I keep trying to point that out to him. He doesn't listen and ignores the questions that prove him wrong.

Oh well, I have pity for those who live their lives in denial.

Astro
Old 07-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

I keep trying to point that out to him. He doesn't listen and ignores the questions that prove him wrong.

Oh well, I have pity for those who live their lives in denial.

Astro
I don't, they do so by choice
Old 07-04-2020, 08:02 PM
astrohog

I don't, they do so by choice
They just don't know it! LOL
Old 07-04-2020, 10:25 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m

I would note that more people voted against "Dear Leader" Hanson in the last election than voted for him.
Our calculators must work differently

President
Rich Hanson: 6,437
Randy Cameron: 3,298
Eric Williams: 2,576
Others: 457

He got nearly twice the number of votes of the next candidate.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
Our calculators must work differently

President
Rich Hanson: 6,437
Randy Cameron: 3,298
Eric Williams: 2,576
Others: 457

He got nearly twice the number of votes of the next candidate.
He may have gotten twice that of Randy but:
+457
So, if your numbers are right, at 6437, he won by 106 votes. Had there only been one opponent, it could have come out very different. It might also have come out very different if Hanson had played fair rather than using the AMA's publications to help his cause

Old 07-05-2020, 04:26 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

How does tha saying go liars figure and figures lie...........LOL

There is another saying I recall it seems to referance what Franky and the minions are attempting without much luck I must say and it goes something like this.

If you torture the data long enough even the truth can be forced to confess.

Last edited by Propworn; 07-05-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:25 AM
jcmors

+457
So, if your numbers are right, at 6437, he won by 106 votes. Had there only been one opponent, it could have come out very different. It might also have come out very different if Hanson had played fair rather than using the AMA's publications to help his cause
There is another issue that can be seen in these numbers. Though the figures vary, the AMA had over 100,000 voting members at the time of this election. Of that only 12,768 cared enough about the organization and how it is being run to vote. The fact is, most members could care less about the organization or how it is ran because they are only members for the insurance or to be able to be a member of a local club. Even with the track record of results while trying to fight regulations, even with the regulatory environment we find ourselves in.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:14 AM
FUTABA-RC

+457
Well, winning by one vote is all that is required. And your assumption that if there was only 1 other candidate running against him he would have lost is also wrong. Look at the numbers. I know you guys hate him, but trying to twist around the number of votes to support that opinion is foolish at best.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:41 AM
astrohog

Nobody ever said that Hansen didn't win fair and square. Although his blind supporters want to focus on that, the reality is that the AMA is in a shambles under his leadership. That is the only fact that really matters as the rest is history.....well, that and the fact that he received a whopping 4-1/2% of the available votes.......in an election with 3 candidates......

Astro
Old 07-05-2020, 01:31 PM
FUTABA-RC

.....well, that and the fact that he received a whopping 4-1/2% of the available votes.......in an election with 3 candidates......

Astro
Ummm.... I don't know what "available votes" means. He received 50.42% of the people who actually cast a vote for President.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.