Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

July MA - AMA CFO Paints Grim Economic Future

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

July MA - AMA CFO Paints Grim Economic Future

Old 07-17-2020, 06:02 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Enjoy life while you can, for some would that not include activities that may not be possible in the future for whatever reasons? I just finished a new pattern airplane that I may have spent $1,000 building. As you know these are of my own design. If a year from now I am forced to use it as a wall decoration it would still have had plenty of value. Not only could I have 500 flights ( $2 per flight ) but I get the satisfaction of seeing something that I invisioned, designed and built perform as planned. I got the enjoyment of the build as well. IMO scrapping the build due to " what if " no matter how likely would have meant missing out on those positive experiences.

That being said, just because I see value in proceeding does not mean that I would expect others to. Just pointing out that every coin has two sides.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:44 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
1) Enjoy life while you can, for some would that not include activities that may not be possible in the future for whatever reasons?
2) I just finished a new pattern airplane that I may have spent $1,000 building. As you know these are of my own design. If a year from now I am forced to use it as a wall decoration it would still have had plenty of value. Not only could I have 500 flights ( $2 per flight ) but I get the satisfaction of seeing something that I invisioned, designed and built perform as planned.
3) I got the enjoyment of the build as well.
4) IMO scrapping the build due to " what if " no matter how likely would have meant missing out on those positive experiences.

That being said, just because I see value in proceeding does not mean that I would expect others to. Just pointing out that every coin has two sides.
Okay, now my responses, going by the numbers
1) I am enjoying life. I just have to allocate my funds to multiple hobbies, not just one
2) I build my boats from plans that are highly modified from what I originally received, you could say I design my own boats as well. The difference is I can always run my boats on any lake that allows IC powered full sized boats. BTW, one boat costs between $1500 and $5000, depending on the materials and paint used though my fuel costs a hell of a lot more than $2 per run. In fact, I spend more than double that for a 5 minute run using 50% nitro fuel
3) I get the enjoyment out of whatever I build.
4) I'm not missing out on anything. I can run boats all over the country or dance anywhere in the world, planes just aren't any more important than the rest since I've always got something to do

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-17-2020 at 06:47 PM.