Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why isn't AMA giving details of it's "wins?"

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why isn't AMA giving details of it's "wins?"

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 04:03 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Please don't presume to know what I think. Hydro has made clear efforts to get along with me in another thread and I wanted to continue our good faith attitude towards one another, nothing more.
And , The post I quoted of yours was referring to Dennis , was it not ?????

My post has exactly NOTHING to do with Hydro , and everything to do with you saying that Dennis "doesn't usually contribute to the topic" !

Now , DO NOT twist MY post into anything more than it is , an admonishment of DENNIS that even his allies , like YOU , think that he "doesn't usually contribute to the topic"

Last edited by init4fun; 08-05-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 PM
init4fun

I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic. That said, as a good guest shouldn't he make an effort to know what is going on with the FAA and AMA prior to coming across the border and flying with his AMA friends? Hasn't Franklin made the claim that he has all the facts and wants to enlighten everyone? Where would be a better place for Dennis to go to get correct information prior to visiting the US?
Sure looks like you were talking about DENNIS and not Hydro here to me !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2020, 04:08 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
But you're forgetting one minor fact:
I could have flown at any of them, now they're gone and no one can fly at them again.
As for which is more complicated, my boats are much more complicated than your planes, regardless of how complex you think they are. Fly your plane into water and it's destroyed, it's structure is far too weak to handle anything beyond a gentle breeze. Your props are only balanced, mine are balanced, sharpened and polished and, unlike yours, will take a finger off before you can blink while spinning at 28K-35KRPM, more than TRIPLE the speed of your props. My props are pushing over 6KGs to over 100KPH while taking turns at over 4Gs, something that would snap the wings right off your planes. Your plane doesn't have to worry about hydrodynamics, my boats do, as well as aerodynamics. If not properly set up, I can watch a boat go from running a few inches above water to flying several feet above it. My repairs would amount to replacing some nylon screws and it's ready to run again, If your plane isn't set up properly, you take it home in a garbage sack to see how much you can salvage later. Sounds to me like you just can't hold a candle to my boats

I think this would depend on the airplane. Granted a full race Hydro or outrigger is going to be more complicated then a typical sport airplane. Now if we were to compare that same hydro or outrigger to one of my models then the tide ( pun intended, it's ok to laugh once in a while in here ) changes. As Hydro pointed out, water is unforgiving. As someone with years of water skiing when you fall doing 25mph it hurts, you also experience sudden de acceleration. Those boats suffer a huge amount of punishment from the water.

On the other side of the debate I have a couple airplanes that have 1,500 sq in of wetted fuselage area that the bare fuselages weigh 31oz and must withstand 15 G. Each of the 4 aileron servos has their own channel and must be adjusted to perfectly mimic one another in 3 different flight modes. Each elevator has its own servo and again must adjusted correctly. Then we start getting into thrust angles, wing incidence x2, stab incidence, aileron differential, CG ( wing, lateral and vertical ), throttle curve, ESC settings, prop selection. After all this I can start learning and polishing a new set of 19 maneuvers every two years.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I think this would depend on the airplane. Granted a full race Hydro or outrigger is going to be more complicated then a typical sport airplane. Now if we were to compare that same hydro or outrigger to one of my models then the tide ( pun intended, it's ok to laugh once in a while in here ) changes. As Hydro pointed out, water is unforgiving. As someone with years of water skiing when you fall doing 25mph it hurts, you also experience sudden de acceleration. Those boats suffer a huge amount of punishment from the water.

On the other side of the debate I have a couple airplanes that have 1,500 sq in of wetted fuselage area that the bare fuselages weigh 31oz and must withstand 15 G. Each of the 4 aileron servos has their own channel and must be adjusted to perfectly mimic one another in 3 different flight modes. Each elevator has its own servo and again must adjusted correctly. Then we start getting into thrust angles, wing incidence x2, stab incidence, aileron differential, CG ( wing, lateral and vertical ), throttle curve, ESC settings, prop selection. After all this I can start learning and polishing a new set of 19 maneuvers every two years.
I just have one thing to say about this post:

Old 08-05-2020, 04:20 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Yea my kids aren't very fond of my dad humor either. But to be realistic you would have to compare your cutting edge boat to a cutting edge airplane.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:23 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ooh, ooh, look at ME! Look at MY airplanes! They are really complicated! I am something special! I should be respected for my knowledge! Here, let me tell you all about my knowledge! I am really good! Pick me, pick me! MY airplanes are special! Did I tell you how much my airplanes cost?

THIS is exactly what I see happen at the club field that turns off new members!

Not to mention, this is the AMA forum, not the, "Look at me, I am really good at toy airplane forum." We don't care!

GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Astro
Old 08-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Ooh, ooh, look at ME! Look at MY airplanes! They are really complicated! I am something special! I should be respected for my knowledge! Here, let me tell you all about my knowledge! I am really good! Pick me, pick me! MY airplanes are special! Did I tell you how much my airplanes cost?

THIS is exactly what I see happen at the club field that turns off new members!

Not to mention, this is the AMA forum, not the, "Look at me, I am really good at toy airplane forum." We don't care!

GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Astro
Okay, this time I have to ask you to give Speed a break since, technically, I started this. I can, however, blame "the worm" since he's the one egging it on and on and on and..............
Old 08-05-2020, 04:30 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
But he's not a troll. A troll at least has motive. He's just someone that has to have attention, even though he's an irrelevant piece of crap that's trying to act like he's someone. BTW, did you notice that now I'm "dumplin"? Seems kind of stupid of him to refer to me as something he would eat, that is unless he's asking to actually eat something.
Yep , the whole "dumplin" thing comes off as kinda perverted , If there was still a real moderator like RC Ken around he'd be shown the door for his "dumplin" garbage right quick . I'm also waiting for Speed to rectify his comment where he tried to twist my quote of his Dennis reference into a reference about you , I can quote his post 1000 times and it's still sure reads to me that his comment was about Dennis and not about you .
Old 08-05-2020, 04:32 PM
init4fun

I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic. That said, as a good guest shouldn't he make an effort to know what is going on with the FAA and AMA prior to coming across the border and flying with his AMA friends? Hasn't Franklin made the claim that he has all the facts and wants to enlighten everyone? Where would be a better place for Dennis to go to get correct information prior to visiting the US?
Originally Posted by init4fun
"I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic"

Gee Dennis when even your allies are distancing themselves from you , you think ya may have pushed the Troll act just a wee bit too far ?
Please don't presume to know what I think. Hydro has made clear efforts to get along with me in another thread and I wanted to continue our good faith attitude towards one another, nothing more.
And , The post I quoted of yours was referring to Dennis , was it not ?????

My post has exactly NOTHING to do with Hydro , and everything to do with you saying that Dennis "doesn't usually contribute to the topic" !

Now , DO NOT twist MY post into anything more than it is , an admonishment of DENNIS that even his allies , like YOU , think that he "doesn't usually contribute to the topic"
Sure looks like you were talking about DENNIS and not Hydro here to me !!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll just condense it all into one handy dandy post while I wait for Speed's response .....
Old 08-05-2020, 04:46 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can quote his post 1000 times and it's still sure reads to me that his comment was about Dennis and not about you .
I just read it while doing a handstand, and it still read the same way!

Astro