Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Paying for mediocrity - your AMA dollar

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Paying for mediocrity - your AMA dollar

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 05:56 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
Because your timeline and view of the history is simply incorrect.
Not sure what you are talking about. It is absolutely spot on. I've been actively involved in this since before the Pirker ordeal.

Not that it matters one little bit to our current situation.
Now that I can agree with! The ship sailed many years ago and the AMA missed it...

Astro
Old 11-21-2020, 09:15 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Yes, UNMANNED...

The sUAS definition was created AFTER and BECAUSE the AMA failed to advocate for any distinction between unmanned model aircraft and unmanned drones.

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that?

Astro
Spot on. AMA chased this "Excitng new aspect of the hobby!". It wasn't until the FAA dropped the hammer with the proposed rule
that AMA did an about face in their NPRM response and tried to distinguish the difference between LOS and drones. Prior to that
AMA was all in on drones and FPV, even with tutorials (which are still there) in their educational materials on illegal long range FPV.

AMA appologists need to drop the pretense about AMA and the demise of the hobby. AMA abandoned the model aircraft hobbyist
and is now going to pay the price along with the rest of us.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Gee , maybe we should have had M.A.A.C. negotiate with the FAA for us , since Dennis (Propworn) is always bragging about how great of a deal M.A.A.C. got with the Canadian air transport officials ....
You might want to do a little research and find out how a national organization of less than 14,000 members has retained all the flying rights it had before the drone craze including FPV and no altitude limits. We can even register our private property under our insurance and the MAAC umbrella with the same protections as a club field. We enjoy a 7.5 million FIRST PARTY insurance coverage for the flyer and land owner. If you bother to look at the rest of the world everyone is doing better than you guys LOL!!!! It becomes obvious you guys couldn't organize a fuster cluck in a house of ill repute.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:11 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Propworn
You might want to do a little research and find out how a national organization of less than 14,000 members has retained all the flying rights it had before the drone craze including FPV and no altitude limits. We can even register our private property under our insurance and the MAAC umbrella with the same protections as a club field. We enjoy a 7.5 million FIRST PARTY insurance coverage for the flyer and land owner. If you bother to look at the rest of the world everyone is doing better than you guys LOL!!!! It becomes obvious you guys couldn't organize a fuster cluck in a house of ill repute.
Yet you continue to defend those who defend the AMA?
I guess you like to take whatever stance suits you on any given day...

Astro
Old 11-23-2020, 08:41 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, UNMANNED...

The sUAS definition was created AFTER and BECAUSE the AMA failed to advocate for any distinction between unmanned model aircraft and unmanned drones.

Astro

The term "small unmanned aircraft system" (sUAS) was first used in the sUAS ARC formed by the FAA in April of 2008 and then legally defined in the FMRA 2012.
Prior to that the FAA was using the term "UAS" as far back as 2004.

Please explain to me how the "AMA embracing drones" caused the FAA to do this.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:05 AM
astrohog

Please explain to me how the "AMA embracing drones" caused the FAA to do this.
Never once have I said the AMA caused the FAA to use certain terms.

Astro
Old 11-23-2020, 09:36 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Never once have I said the AMA caused the FAA to use certain terms.

Astro

Huh?? YOUR post #89 above:

Yes, UNMANNED...

Old 11-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Giant Flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good one!!!!
Old 11-23-2020, 10:09 AM
astrohog

Huh?? YOUR post #89 above:

Read my words...

Try and keep up..

Astro
Old 11-23-2020, 11:52 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Yet you continue to defend those who defend the AMA?
I guess you like to take whatever stance suits you on any given day...

Astro
Astro, you might want to go back and read post 80. Using the population figures from 2019, it shows that Canada has less people than the state of California but 247 times the room to put them all into. When you take the total populations of the US and Canada, the US has almost 8.9 times the population density AFTER figuring in Alaska, which has almost a third of the US's area but only 731,500 people. When you take into account that 291,500 live in Anchorage.......
I'll let you do the math but, to me anyway, the figures kind of tell a different story than what the "worm" is trying to spin
Old 11-23-2020, 12:12 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Astro, you might want to go back and read post 80. Using the population figures from 2019, it shows that Canada has less people than the state of California but 247 times the room to put them all into. When you take the total populations of the US and Canada, the US has almost 8.9 times the population density AFTER figuring in Alaska, which has almost a third of the US's area but only 731,500 people. When you take into account that 291,500 live in Anchorage.......
I'll let you do the math but, to me anyway, the figures kind of tell a different story than what the "worm" is trying to spin
I understand that comparing MAAC to the AMA is apples to oranges. I was only commenting on the fact that Prop calls us incessant whiners out one side of his mouth, while saying that the AMA is completely ineffective out of the other! (which is what he accuses us of whining about in the first place).

Astro
Old 11-23-2020, 01:21 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
...... Canada has less people than the state of California but 247 times the room to put them all into.......
And if very many of those people are even one quarter as obnoxious as our resident pest , that kind of distance between them is likely for the better .....
Old 11-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have friends in the Vancouver area as well as Kelowna, both in British Columbia. How our dirt eating pest turned out the way he did, I don't have a clue as no one I have dealt with is anywhere close to him as far as attitude goes. I wonder it it has anything to do with his location, possibly up in the Rocky Mountains, that damaged his brain due to lack of oxygen?
Old 11-23-2020, 06:57 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
You may want to do a little research on population density: Canada has 4 people per square kilomiter while the US has nearly 36.
That more than anything else is responsible for the lesser restrictions. When I looked a couple of years ago that is the trend across
the board with RC rules.

You've also shown you know little of what's taking place with RC rules and the FAA. Might keep your comments to Canada, where
you can sound like an expert because we know little about there as well.