Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yet again, >30 days and no EC minutes yet

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Yet again, >30 days and no EC minutes yet

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 02:03 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet again, >30 days and no EC minutes yet

Despite a staff that's roughly the same size as it was with a lot more members, the AMA's Executive Director STILL cannot manage to get minutes for EC meeting published in 30 days. Not only did the agenda NOT identify the votes that would be taken (as evidenced by the motions / votes published later), members were not permitted to know in advance what would be voted upon. The AMA does not want members inputs, if they did, they'd let us know what's going to be voted on before they vote.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:49 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Eeewww a fresh kill the other hyenas haven't had a chance to pile on yet.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:19 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Propworn
Eeewww a fresh kill the other hyenas haven't had a chance to pile on yet.
Let's see:
- Don't give members ANY details of what WILL be voted on
- Don't give members any details of what WILL be voted on ... even when they ask
- Vote on them sight unseen by the members
- And then not even promptly share details of what WAS voted on

Sounds like the gold standard of governance - spending millions in member dollars w/ near zero accountability until AFTER votes are already cast!
Old 05-27-2021, 10:22 AM
Propworn

Insanity doing the same thing (COMPLAINING AND CRYING) over and over and expecting a different result. LOL
Old 05-28-2021, 03:52 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, that noise from the north is back and doing his usual nothing but wasting bandwidth.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:46 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. LOL
Yet you continue to defend them and bash those who have brought to light the AMA's inadequacies. Speaks volumes about you.

Astro
Old 05-28-2021, 05:17 PM
R_Strowe

Maybe I missed it, but there was no time limit listed for the publication of EC Minutes in the AMA Bylaws, and I can't seem to find a time requirement in any IRS non-profit formation document for said publication. But if there is, I'd be happy to read through the requirements.

R_Strowe
Old 05-28-2021, 08:59 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

meanwhile,

someday, they might get something right...
Old 05-28-2021, 09:41 PM
Hydro Junkie

I think they did get it right. We have to consider that the "worm" lives in Canada so that very well may apply
Old 05-29-2021, 08:02 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by astrohog
Yet you continue to defend them and bash those who have brought to light the AMA's inadequacies. Speaks volumes about you.

Astro
Defend who the AMA????? No I don't agree on certain things or actions the AMA have taken, all I have to do is look at our tiny organization and how well its done for its members. As far as that goes most RC organizations across the globe have faired better than the AMA. Then again the AMA seems to have chosen a much more confrontational roll with the governing body (FAA). The other organizations world wide have opted for a co-operative roll when dealing with the home governing body for aviation and those organizations have also done much better than the AMA. However when its the only organization you have going for you only the fool attempts to tear it down without something ready and willing to replace it.

That being said you clowns have done absolutely nothing to attempt to solve/rectify the problems facing the AMA. Loose pieces of flesh flapping on the front of your face means nothing and even less if your not even a member of said organization.

Received a PM re Franklins latest topic (this one just so I don't have to explain it slowly to ya!!!)

There He Goes Again.....You know, I was going to respond to Franklin, but then thought WHY? That would make me insane as well.

He just needs to stop, but I don't believe he can. Too bad, there are actual thing that might be worth discussing but, he'll twist the thread again. Back to RCGroups I go.

To which I replied:
If you search all his threads it seems like he feels the AMA owes service personal some sort of dept of gratitude for their service and when he posed that to them they turned him down. I believe he wanted a membership discount and wanted the AMA to fund flying clubs on bases for active military personnel. Also turned down so he got his knickers in a bunch and threatened to take it out on the AMA when ever he had a chance. I think RCU is the only forum he has not been banned from. Can you say slow learner.

And the response:
That's exactly the issue. When he was a base commander he wanted AMA to fund the creation of a flying site, on the base he was commander of. They turned him down because just like taxes, the use of AMA dues for a facility inaccessible by the majority of AMA members was not going to happen (the whole equal representation thing). He's felt slighted ever since, and it explains his hatred of Muncie (an incredible, world class facility. Get there if you haven't been yet, it's really something).

Also keep in mind that he is a relative newcomer to the hobby (explains his dislike of "5-digit AMA elites"), and I believe suffers from a real inferiority complex. (He is not the tallest guy in the world, I've met and know him). It explains much.

Like I said in the previous post Why do you guys keep doing/saying the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Your now down to a couple of Franklin wanabees, one non member and one or two non supporters of your silly attempts to embarrass the AMA. By the way how's that working for ya LOL!!!! No I didn't include the posters name figured to leave the hyenas running in circles.

Last edited by Propworn; 05-29-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:38 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I think they did get it right. We have to consider that the "worm" lives in Canada so that very well may apply
AHHH not even a member, no dog in the fight, no control over those loose pieces of flesh flapping on the front of your face not a Karen but most certainly a Kevin am I right?????
Old 05-29-2021, 10:33 AM
franklin_m

Received a PM re Franklins latest topic (this one just so I don't have to explain it slowly to ya!!!)
Note that later in this post, he quotes from a PM where the individual sending that PM said "I've met him." There's only one person in these threads whom I've met. And I now see this person's character is such that they'll privately disparage someone's immutable characteristics (see below).

(Quoting PM sent to him):
There He Goes Again.....You know, I was going to respond to Franklin, but then thought WHY? That would make me insane as well.

He just needs to stop, but I don't believe he can. Too bad, there are actual thing that might be worth discussing but, he'll twist the thread again. Back to RCGroups I go.
To which I replied:
If you search all his threads it seems like he feels the AMA owes service personal some sort of dept of gratitude for their service and when he posed that to them they turned him down. I believe he wanted a membership discount and wanted the AMA to fund flying clubs on bases for active military personnel. Also turned down so he got his knickers in a bunch and threatened to take it out on the AMA when ever he had a chance. I think RCU is the only forum he has not been banned from. Can you say slow learner.
(Quoting PM sent to him in response to above)
That's exactly the issue. When he was a base commander he wanted AMA to fund the creation of a flying site, on the base he was commander of. They turned him down because just like taxes, the use of AMA dues for a facility inaccessible by the majority of AMA members was not going to happen (the whole equal representation thing). He's felt slighted ever since, and it explains his hatred of Muncie (an incredible, world class facility. Get there if you haven't been yet, it's really something).
As noted below, there's only one person in these threads whom I've met. What he's conveniently omitting (because it undermines his point) is that what I tried to establish was already allowed by AMA at other locations. For example, at the club near Wright-Patt (R.A.M.S) there is this explicit requirement, which I quote from their FAQ: "You must have a valid ID in order to access WPAFB (ie: Active CAC, Dependent, Retired, Contractor, ect [sic])." What this individual sending the PM also forgets to note that what I proposed was actually less restrictive, as my proposal would have permitted guests of ID card holders. But of course acknowledging that makes it a far less interesting talking point!

Additionally, it's ironic that in 2016 or so AMA started a big push to establish clubs on military bases... through the MWR programs. Maybe not exactly the same as my effort to duplicate what they'd already allowed for other clubs, but pretty darned close. But that's gone nowhere because MWRs typically require discounts from groups that want to be part of their program. My understanding is AMA wouldn't discount membership. Which is why it's largely gone nowhere.

(Quoting PM sent to him in response to above)
Also keep in mind that he is a relative newcomer to the hobby (explains his dislike of "5-digit AMA elites"), and I believe suffers from a real inferiority complex. (He is not the tallest guy in the world, I've met and know him). It explains much (emphasis added).
Folks, pay attention. The person sending Propworm the PM says "I've met him and know him." There's only one person in these threads I've met in person.

It speaks volumes about this person's character when they disparage someone's immutable characteristics (height) in private messages - as we see quoted above by Propworm. It's not a stretch to think that someone who privately disparages others over immutable characteristics like height is exactly the same type of character that disparages others over other immutable characteristics ... things like skin color, ethnicity, sex, hair color, disabilities, etc.

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-29-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Propworn

Hes not the tallest guy is nowhere near racial discrimination its an observation re your behavior most notably of Little Man Syndrome. What next the poor little old me card LOL. Simply another Kevin who can't get his way.

Last edited by Propworn; 05-29-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:43 PM
franklin_m

Hes not the tallest guy is nowhere near racial discrimination its an observation re your behavior most notably of Little Man Syndrome. What next the poor little old me card LOL. Simply another Kevin who can't get his way.
No matter how you try to spin it, I'm no more in control of my height than I am of my race - both immutable characteristics. But it appears you're perfectly ok disparaging people over characteristics over which they have no control.

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-29-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:42 PM
Propworn

Little man syndrome is about your persona plain and simple, being a Kevin is just the personality you project. I guess as the other posters stated you can't help yourself. Probably why the powers to be at the AMA have no interest in you or your opinions. Enough for now keep on carrying on its entertaining and provides some chuckles via PM's.

Dennis
Old 05-29-2021, 04:53 PM
Hydro Junkie

Has anyone ever noticed how the troll who goes by the "handle" propworm" is never seen in any other subforum? He might have a few posts in a boating forum but, beyond that, he's strictly an AMA forum troll. And, just think, now Franklin and I are "Kevins" (I think he's trying to use that like the term Karen, not really sure since I don't speak Canadianese) and we all have "loose pieces of flapping flesh", which I can only assume he's referring to our mouths though he seems to forget that he's got a mouth too. I think it's time he leaves and stays in Canada since he doesn't belong in the US
Old 05-29-2021, 05:39 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Has anyone ever noticed how the troll who goes by the "handle" propworm" is never seen in any other subforum? He might have a few posts in a boating forum but, beyond that, he's strictly an AMA forum troll. And, just think, now Franklin and I are "Kevins" (I think he's trying to use that like the term Karen, not really sure since I don't speak Canadianese) and we all have "loose pieces of flapping flesh", which I can only assume he's referring to our mouths though he seems to forget that he's got a mouth too. I think it's time he leaves and stays in Canada since he doesn't belong in the US
AHHH so you do have a reading disability I wondered about the miss use of my handle that could explain a lot. Try reading my handle slowly this time but in case its beyond your comprehension its PropworN not PropworM but for your edification I don't mind either way its still a bit of humor. Why would you assume I seek or need your approval to move about the US especially from someone who can only count to 20 and 1/2 using all his digits. LOL

OHHHH enough funning with ya Junky ya bore me. LOL

Last edited by Propworn; 05-29-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:59 PM
Hydro Junkie

Hate to say it but I can count to more than 20.5. I also can read electronic test equipment and can convert Micros to megs in my head. Then again, being an avionic tech on Prowlers will make that an easy one for anyone with more than half a brain, won't it?
Old 05-31-2021, 02:36 PM
Propworn

I thought I was done with this thread but Lordy Lordy I just watched a vintage movie Mr. Roberts and busted a gut laughing. If ever they do a remake Franklin would sure make a good candidate to play the Captain (James Cagney Capt. Morton)

Old 05-31-2021, 04:38 PM
mongo

it really is just way too easy...

Old 06-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by mongo
it really is just way too easy...

So, are you referring to R/Cs or internet access?
Old 06-01-2021, 02:38 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, let's cool it and stay on topic. No more reason to be posting about anything other than AMA procedures, especially not height and nationality.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:56 PM
mongo

R/C hydo,

just R/C
Old 06-02-2021, 01:29 PM
fliers1

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Despite a staff that's roughly the same size as it was with a lot more members, the AMA's Executive Director STILL cannot manage to get minutes for EC meeting published in 30 days. Not only did the agenda NOT identify the votes that would be taken (as evidenced by the motions / votes published later), members were not permitted to know in advance what would be voted upon. The AMA does not want members inputs, if they did, they'd let us know what's going to be voted on before they vote.
AMA minutes are published.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:41 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by fliers1
AMA minutes are published.
I saw that. Manpower is AMA's second largest expense. Headcount has remained consistent for ten years or longer, while membership has dropped considerably. So we have the same number of people supporting few members -- and yet they STILL cannot get minutes published consistently in 30 days or less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.