Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA "salaries" consume 40% of every dues dollar!

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA "salaries" consume 40% of every dues dollar!

Old 09-17-2021, 05:00 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMA "salaries" consume 40% of every dues dollar!

I noticed that starting in 2016, AMA spending on "salaries" rocketed up sharply and shows no indication of slowing. After a decade of holding staff spending to less than 25% of membership revenue, it's now it's rapidly approaching 45%. And mind you, this comes as paying members have dropped considerably. And membership revenue is roughly 90% of all AMA revenue.

It's starting to look like HQ is more about providing high paying jobs to Muncie residents than they are about being good stewards of members' dollars. Any business that sees staff cost go up so significantly in such a short time will be taking aggressive actions to control the rise - yet Hanson/Budreau are content to keep spending ...

As always, this is based on numbers that originate from AMA's own IRS990 tax filings, inflation adjusted constant year (2020) dollars using US Government Consumer Price Index inflation adjustment, plotted vs. year.