Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

50 days & no EC minutes? 7 days & counting to "proof?"

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

50 days & no EC minutes? 7 days & counting to "proof?"

Old 12-07-2021, 05:03 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Hydro, imagine conducting a job interview with someone you know has been publicly badmouthing your company and staff for several years. Are you going to give the green light to HR on that guy?
Flip the coin, Speedy; Can you imagine being the leader of an organization that when presented with constructive, quantifiable, criticism of your orgganizations' performance, dig your heels in and ignore it?

That is NOT what good leaders do.

This isn't about ego's, being pals or playing nice in the sandbox, it is about running a multi-million-dollar organization. The President of said organization must be capable of taking criticism without it bruising his ego. It is just one of the qualities that qualifies one for such work. Maybe he is not the right guy for the job?

And to all you folks who repeatedly suggest that the only way to actively do something about an issue is to be elected President..... LOL

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 12-07-2021 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:37 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 110 Likes on 98 Posts

Again, that is not what I am referring to. The constant borderline slander in the years following Franklins unsolicited advise is what I am talking about. If you haven’t noticed lately, people are being sued for making false statements. Just ask Labron James.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:37 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many years now has the terms Taj Muncie, Dear leader, 5 digit nobility etc been used?
Satire, used appropriately IAW it's common definition. Number of years? So long as the actions make satire applicable, I'll continue to use it.

How many times has AMA staff been mentioned by name and called incompetent?
If they're performing their jobs in an incompetent way, then use of the term incompetent is accurate.
Additionally, if they can't take the heat, then either improve their performance or find another job.

Is it really necessary to use such tactics to get the point across?
When they won't answer simple questions, or demonstrate a total unwillingness to get better, an unwillingness to accept other points of view (not just mine, others have offered as well), etc., then yes. It becomes necessary to be blunt. But then again, if their skin is so thin they can't handle it, then see second sentence above.

Last edited by franklin_m; 12-07-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:09 AM
astrohog

Yeah but……feelings.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:17 AM
astrohog

Franklins unsolicited advise .
You continue to frame this as some kind of egregious action.

Do you believe the unwashed masses should just remain silent? Do they need to wait to be asked before speaking?

Astro
Old 12-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
Satire, used appropriately IAW it's common definition. Number of years? So long as the actions make satire applicable, I'll continue to use it.

If they're performing their jobs in an incompetent way, then use of the term incompetent is accurate.
Additionally, if they can't take the heat, then either improve their performance or find another job.

When they won't answer simple questions, or demonstrate a total unwillingness to get better, an unwillingness to accept other points of view (not just mine, others have offered as well), etc., then yes. It becomes necessary to be blunt. But then again, if their skin is so thin they can't handle it, then see second sentence above.
I think they have already figured out an answer Franklin, its simply easier to ignore you and your possie/wingmen. If they were really concerned with you guys as Speedy has mentioned people have been sued for less.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:27 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts

In this case, the AMA has shown the good judgement to not start the litigation process. I can see them very easily losing and that could be very expensive if the winner went after the treasury
Old 12-07-2021, 12:48 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
I think they have already figured out an answer Franklin, its simply easier to ignore you and your possie/wingmen.
Ignored? Let's see...
- The "and" is now an "or" in the legislation, they can ignore it, but I got it changed
- I've been on them about posting minutes. They've never published deadlines before, now they have.
- They continue to paint rosy financial picture, I provide actual inflation adjusted numbers that show otherwise

And I'm not done. There's other actions I've taken behind the scenes as well.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:20 PM
astrohog

I find it priceless that prop and speed feel compelled to mention slander and lawsuits….

Is it a complete lack of comprehension of the first amendment, or just their incessant blind bias that they are right?

Astro
Old 12-07-2021, 01:51 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

i find it rather funny that they were able to get the election results out in less than 30 days from the must arrive date, but the minutes take 30+days
Old 12-07-2021, 02:02 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
i find it rather funny that they were able to get the election results out in less than 30 days from the must arrive date, but the minutes take 30+days
And now they'll take even longer.

For a decade, they've never once mentioned the issue they're now using as an excuse to delay publishing even longer.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:17 PM
Propworn

Ignored? Let's see...
- The "and" is now an "or" in the legislation, they can ignore it, but I got it changed
- I've been on them about posting minutes. They've never published deadlines before, now they have.
- They continue to paint rosy financial picture, I provide actual inflation adjusted numbers that show otherwise

I did this I did that and yet has anyone actually seen any actual credit given to Franklin for these changes. Could it be these changes were already in the mix and Franklin took an opportune time to claim credit? I could be wrong however he wouldn't be the first to claim credit after the fact.

Gee wiz Franklin with all this wonderful work on behalf of the membership someone should nominate you for Leader and there you go the first step to President. How about one of the wingmen nominating him for leader?

Last edited by Propworn; 12-07-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

I would have to agree with Speed on this one. Franklin's pretty much been declared "persona non gratis" as far as Muncie is concerned so why would they let him become a leader member without contesting it?
Old 12-07-2021, 03:11 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
I would have to agree with Speed on this one. Franklin's pretty much been declared "persona non gratis" as far as Muncie is concerned so why would they let him become a leader member without contesting it?
I also don't turn toward "Taj-Muncie" regularly and chant "You are the most awesome of awesome toy plane flyers and we strive every day to be worthy of your profound management wisdom"
Old 12-07-2021, 03:16 PM
init4fun

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
I find it priceless that prop and speed feel compelled to mention slander and lawsuits….

Is it a complete lack of comprehension of the first amendment, or just their incessant blind bias that they are right?

Astro
Hi Astro,

According to Merriam-Webster, slander involves making knowingly false statements against a person to defame their reputation. With what we're discussing here, it'd be pretty hard for anyone to prove they've been slandered, since all of the facts Franklin has posted are true and easily verifiable. The minutes are repeatedly late, income is down while expenses are up, and in all businesses it's upper management that takes the hit for a company's "failure to thrive" . I fail to see where "slander" fits into the equation here, especially since "Slander" involves spoken untruths VS "Libel" which involves lies which are knowingly written........

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slander

Bottom line= the repeatedly late minutes paint a picture of an organization that's at best not being efficiently managed, yes perhaps the late minutes are small taters to some, but I don't like to see our organization having ANY clerical lapses. "Squeaky clean" with ALL of the "I"s dotted and the "T"s crossed is what we're paying for and is what we and all of our fellow members deserve......

Last edited by init4fun; 12-07-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: clarify my point.....
Old 12-07-2021, 03:26 PM
astrohog

I did this I did that and yet has anyone actually seen any actual credit given to Franklin for these changes. Could it be these changes were already in the mix and Franklin took an opportune time to claim credit?
Do you have a single shred of evidence to support this claim?

Astro
Old 12-07-2021, 03:54 PM
Propworn

Do you have a single shred of evidence to support this claim?

Astro
What claim??? Cant Franklin answer for himself.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:52 PM
astrohog

That's what I thought......
Old 12-07-2021, 05:28 PM
speedracerntrixie

You continue to frame this as some kind of egregious action.

Do you believe the unwashed masses should just remain silent? Do they need to wait to be asked before speaking?

Astro
They did not ask for his assistance right?
Old 12-07-2021, 05:31 PM
speedracerntrixie

We hit on that last week. He’s not ready to talk about it.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:38 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Astro,

According to Merriam-Webster, slander involves making knowingly false statements against a person to defame their reputation. With what we're discussing here, it'd be pretty hard for anyone to prove they've been slandered, since all of the facts Franklin has posted are true and easily verifiable. The minutes are repeatedly late, income is down while expenses are up, and in all businesses it's upper management that takes the hit for a company's "failure to thrive" . I fail to see where "slander" fits into the equation here, especially since "Slander" involves spoken untruths VS "Libel" which involves lies which are knowingly written........

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slander

Bottom line= the repeatedly late minutes paint a picture of an organization that's at best not being efficiently managed, yes perhaps the late minutes are small taters to some, but I don't like to see our organization having ANY clerical lapses. "Squeaky clean" with ALL of the "I"s dotted and the "T"s crossed is what we're paying for and is what we and all of our fellow members deserve......

As usual you are the voice of reason. Yes Franklin posting information found on public records is perfectly safe. However when he makes disparaging comments towards Tyler, makes claims the the hobby is declining due to the failure of the AMA, states that the IT department is inept etc are the comments that have the potential to stir up same legal action. The problem is that damages have to be proven and that is a tough nut to crack. Still a warn letter from the AMA legal department would be a worthwhile thing IMO. The AMA has been known to waste money though right?
Old 12-07-2021, 05:39 PM
speedracerntrixie

Ignored? Let's see...

Covert ops eh SterlingD?
Old 12-07-2021, 05:51 PM
Hydro Junkie

They did not ask for his assistance right?
How many times have you given unasked for advice in your life? How many times was it ignored, even though it was actually beneficial?
We hit on that last week. He’s not ready to talk about it.
What's there to talk about? Franklin isn't keeping anything secret, he's leaving that to the EC and Muncie.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:08 PM
speedracerntrixie

Hydro, yes there was a time that when seeing someone at the flying field struggling with something I would approach and offer help. Most times it was refused. That’s why I no longer offer unless asked. I never held a grudge against those who declined my offer let alone spend years bashing them.

As far as the other item, Astro was asked why he always felt the need to rush in a deflect the conversation whenever Franklin was in the hot seat.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:04 PM
astrohog

I haven't deflected a thing. I've asked questions in order to clarify and better understand each others' positions and claims, rather than just posting zingers. That is what you've claimed these forums are for, and what you would like to see more of on these forums. Apparently not if the narrative doesn't align with yours.

Astro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.