Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA / MAAC reciprocal agreement ends......

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA / MAAC reciprocal agreement ends......

Old 11-20-2021, 12:43 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Speed,
I'll give you some heartfelt advice: come to terms with your emotional hemophlia and superiority complex and stop allowing yourself to be triggered by micro-aggressions. You are not the only one out there that has lots of RC experience, there is always more than one way to skin a cat, not "right", "wrong" or "Speedy's way". Once you can enjoy the hobby for the love of the hobby and not trying to, "be the man", you will be much happier, live longer, and the forums will actually be a better place for it. Lose the anger, find the love!

Astro
Too funny. Remember I’m the one who stayed out of this forum for 8 months. I doubt you could do the same. All anyone has to do is compare our post logs to realize who is the unhappy one here.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:49 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Too funny. Remember I’m the one who stayed out of this forum for 8 months. I doubt you could do the same. All anyone has to do is compare our post logs to realize who is the unhappy one here.
LOL. the impartial post above would infer otherwise. ironic how it was you that stayed out of this forum and there was zero drama until you and prop chimed in with your crap.

I tried.

Astro
Old 11-20-2021, 01:17 PM
ElectriMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this mean it's over with you two (sometimes three)?
Old 11-20-2021, 01:35 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

My Friends, considering that it's less than a week from Thanksgiving, can we come to a place where we "agree to disagree" and let the back & forth stop here? I figure one of these days RC Ken is gonna come along here and see this thread and I'd hate like Hell to see anyone get banned because this argument. Thank You in advance for returning to the subject of the reciprocal agreement so that the discussion can continue
Old 11-20-2021, 03:32 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by init4fun
My Friends, considering that it's less than a week from Thanksgiving, can we come to a place where we "agree to disagree" and let the back & forth stop here? I figure one of these days RC Ken is gonna come along here and see this thread and I'd hate like Hell to see anyone get banned because this argument. Thank You in advance for returning to the subject of the reciprocal agreement so that the discussion can continue
Always appreciate your voice of reason init!

We've tried the agree to disagree thing before, but then the feces pigs and homosexual references start flying. I know it doesn't do any good to engage those comments, but they have a way of derailing and setting the course for a derailment.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Astro
Old 12-04-2021, 04:11 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Latest from MAAC HQ re: Canadians Flying In the USA

The Academy of Model Aeronautics has recently announced requirements for MAAC members wanting to operate “model aircraft” in the USA starting January 1, 2022. Their announcement is as follows: The former agreement between the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) and AMA is no longer in effect because of recent changes in the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Canada’s counterpart to the FAA) Part IX and its exemption granted to MAAC and its members. Effective January 1, 2022, AMA will require MAAC members to join AMA for coverage to fly at our fields and events. Affiliate membership for non-US permanent residents is $36 (USD) per year and includes insurance and competitive privileges. Click here to sign up as an AMA Affiliate member. Non-US citizens are required to follow the same model aircraft regulations that US citizens are required to follow, including registering at FAA’s Drone Zone and taking The Recreational UAS Safety Test at www.modelaircraft.org/trust. MAAC has contacted the AMA and confirmed that to fly any model aircraft (RPAS, C/L, F/F etc) at an AMA sanctioned club or event you must be an AMA member. As well, the Turbine Operator Certificate rules remain the same for MAAC members wishing to fly turbines at AMA sites. If you are not flying at AMA sites or events there is no requirement to join the AMA. However, you are still legally responsible to follow all model aircraft or RPAS regulations as appropriate, including registering any RPAS with the FAA and taking The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). MAAC insurance remains “primary insurance” and provides coverage when you legally operate models, of any category, outside of Canada.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:18 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

so, all is as it should be.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:58 AM
Propworn

Yes things eventually work out just with all the new changes in the regulations on both sides of the border it sometimes takes a while. If one intends to fly cross border now more than ever one shòuld get to know what is required to do so safely and within the laws of the host country to avoid disapointment and posible fines.

In fact yesterday was the first time in over a year I was able to cross over to the US to empty my mailbox and drop in to my favorite hobby shop and return home. Nice to see things opening up if your fully vaccinated.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:26 PM
Alan Carr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EAA, AMA members enjoy reciprocal admission benefits at both organizations' museums

Members of the Experimental Aircraft Association and the Academy of Model Aeronautics now share a unique benefit, as members of either organization can now enjoy free admission at the museums for each of these associations.

The free admission will apply at the EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, as well as the National Model Aviation Museum in Muncie, Indiana, hometown for the AMA. Active members of either organization can show their current membership card at the admission counter to receive free admission to either museum.

"EAA and AMA members share so many aviation interests that it makes sense for us to welcome members of either association to our museums," said Ren Scott, EAA's manager of partnership development. "Aviation enthusiasts are always seeking new experiences wherever they travel and this reciprocal agreement gives that opportunity while building on the close working relationship between EAA and AMA."

Source: Globalair.com/articles
Old 12-23-2021, 09:58 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, Clubs near the border on both sides will suffer as their events usually depend on attendance from both the US and Canadian pilots. Here in Grand Forks ND, I am expecting that some Canadian pilots from Winnipeg (only 2 hours away in a pretty spread out part of the continent) will not come down as before due to having to buy an additional membership. Same for some of our pilots going to the events up North. The AMA and MAAC themselves will see almost zero revenue change in the additional memberships sold. The AMA could have continued to accept MAAC memberships in the US. to help their clubs and even NATs attendance. Overall, not a great move for the hobby even if the Canadian side was out of our hands due to decisions made by the Canadian govenment agencies.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:02 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by baronbrian
Unfortunately, Clubs near the border on both sides will suffer as their events usually depend on attendance from both the US and Canadian pilots. Here in Grand Forks ND, I am expecting that some Canadian pilots from Winnipeg (only 2 hours away in a pretty spread out part of the continent) will not come down as before due to having to buy an additional membership. Same for some of our pilots going to the events up North. The AMA and MAAC themselves will see almost zero revenue change in the additional memberships sold. The AMA could have continued to accept MAAC memberships in the US. to help their clubs and even NATs attendance. Overall, not a great move for the hobby even if the Canadian side was out of our hands due to decisions made by the Canadian govenment agencies.
Don't think you have to worry any of us Canadians traveling cross border to participate most likely have had our FAA number and the small amount of money to join the AMA is of little concern. If its a deal breaker I'm not sure one could afford to cross over in the first place. As far as the Trust test its basiclly a multiple choice, open book general information questionnaire not really a test.I joined the AMA and took the test the same day it became finalized. Now if this virus would only pizz off.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:38 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Propworn
If its a deal breaker I'm not sure one could afford to cross over in the first place.
It doesn't cost one red penny to cross the border.......

Astro
Old 12-24-2021, 09:41 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by baronbrian
For those clubs that hold events that have historically enjoyed a large number of Canadian participants, it might be prudent to consider simply not sanctioning these events in the future.

Astro
Old 12-24-2021, 11:15 AM
Propworn

It doesn't cost one red penny to cross the border.......

Astro
Duh compression is obviously not one of your strong suits.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:37 AM
astrohog

Not sure what compression has to do with anything! LOL

Astro
Old 12-24-2021, 11:44 AM
astrohog

Don't think you have to worry any of us Canadians traveling cross border to participate most likely have had our FAA number and the small amount of money to join the AMA is of little concern. If its a deal breaker I'm not sure one could afford to cross over in the first place. As far as the Trust test its basiclly a multiple choice, open book general information questionnaire not really a test.I joined the AMA and took the test the same day it became finalized. Now if this virus would only pizz off.
Your premise is that if a Canadian modeler doesn't join the AMA, they probably can't afford to cross the border. I posted that it is free to cross the border and you replied with a smart-ass comment, accusing me of not comprehending......or not compressing. LOL

CLASSIC

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 12-24-2021 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:06 PM
init4fun

Not sure what compression has to do with anything! LOL

Astro
The right tool for the right job (He who dies with the most tools wins !) .............

Old 12-24-2021, 12:12 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by init4fun
The right tool for the right job (He who dies with the most tools wins !) .............

Looks like your compression is a little low too! HAHA!

Astro
Old 12-24-2021, 12:43 PM
init4fun

Looks like your compression is a little low too! HAHA!

Astro
When ya get to my age yeah the compression gets a bit low, but as long as the piston is still moving, I'll keep running
Old 12-24-2021, 02:42 PM
Propworn

Ahhh dumb thumbs and a new cell phone but ya got the right word. If the 38 dollars to join the AMA is a make or break for a Canadian to attend events in the US perhaps the cost of the trip might be beyond their budget. 38 bucks and I attend at least a couple of fun flys a year and visit freinds to fly so it works out to less than 10 bucks per visit. Even if it were for a single event its no more than I would spend on a meal and a few beverages. Hardly a make or break expense. I don't know where you cross but Windsor/Detroit is 6 bucks each way a little more than a red cent. LOL
You do comprehend now?LOL
If not I can try n splain it to you slowly.

Last edited by Propworn; 12-24-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Is that $6 over the bridge or through the tunnel? I crossed the bridge back 10 or so years ago and didn't pay a dime, let alone a looney or tuney(sorry about the spelling)
Old 12-24-2021, 03:57 PM
astrohog

Ahhh dumb thumbs and a new cell phone but ya got the right word. If the 38 dollars to join the AMA is a make or break for a Canadian to attend events in the US perhaps the cost of the trip might be beyond their budget. 38 bucks and I attend at least a couple of fun flys a year and visit freinds to fly so it works out to less than 10 bucks per visit. Even if it were for a single event its no more than I would spend on a meal and a few beverages. Hardly a make or break expense. I don't know where you cross but Windsor/Detroit is 6 bucks each way a little more than a red cent. LOL
You do comprehend now?LOL
If not I can try n splain it to you slowly.
By your logic, anybody who doesn't join the AMA can't afford gas to go their home field. Like I said earlier, just your typical, self-righteous bloviation and self-exaltation. Just what makes our hobby thrive!

Astro
Old 12-24-2021, 06:13 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Is that $6 over the bridge or through the tunnel? I crossed the bridge back 10 or so years ago and didn't pay a dime, let alone a looney or tuney(sorry about the spelling)
Your full of shid Matty Morone never let anyone cross without paying. Been living across from Detroit for 60 years there hasn't been a time that I can remember where there hasn't been a fee to cross over either way. You really are clueless.

Last edited by Propworn; 12-24-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:15 PM
Propworn

By your logic, anybody who doesn't join the AMA can't afford gas to go their home field. Like I said earlier, just your typical, self-righteous bloviation and self-exaltation. Just what makes our hobby thrive!

Astro
Wow without Grue you minions are really lost
Merry Christmas to all especialy to the Minions in need of some cheer
Nite all

Last edited by Propworn; 12-24-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:43 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

You sure you're not thinking the Blue Water Bridge? I know we paid a toll to cross that one, but I don't remember paying any tolls crossing the Ambassador Bridge in March 2010. Come to think about it, we didn't pay any tolls to cross the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls in June 2007 either

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.