Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Old 06-28-2022, 08:26 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

two cases where leo took action on alleged faa violations.

An email from the faa uas department stating “ yes “ leo can enforce in a general fashion.
facts
Old 06-28-2022, 08:36 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

facts
context.

I see you conveniently left out the, “Generally speaking” part.

Why are you so desperate? I KNOW you know you misspoke, but you are doubling down on your inability to simply admit it and move on.

Narcissism at its finest!

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 08:44 AM
mach5nchimchim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
see post above regarding trolls.

Astro
yet, you keep trolling my multiverse alt speedracerntrixie...
Old 06-28-2022, 09:01 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by mach5nchimchim
yet, you keep trolling my multiverse alt speedracerntrixie...
You suffer from cognitive bias too.

I’m not trolling anyone, just continuing to counter his desperate attempts to obfuscate reality.

ironically, it is speed, prop and echo (and now YOU) that continue to troll….

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 09:14 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drone Delivery - A New Entrant

Looks like another entry into the business - more reason for robust remote ID and strict requirements to remain inside FRIA lateral limits.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ent=share-link
Old 06-28-2022, 09:18 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Sorry but you are inventing a definition. A cop writing a ticket is "enforcing" traffic laws whatever the final disposition of the case. It might even be dismissed
Not true. The citation is just an a document that says the LOE saw you "supposedly"
break a law and, by signing the citation, you agree to appear in court at the appointed time. Once you get to the court, you are either found guilty and given your penalty or found innocent and sent on your way. It is the judge that issues the sentence if found guilty and therefore "enforces the law".
If you go back through the years, you will find many times someone was found guilty and, later, it was found the verdict was wrong. Many times the person wrongly convicted has sued the city, county or state and won. Was the arresting/citing officer the one that announced the verdict or penalty to be imposed? NO, it was the court/judge so, if that be the case, how can the LEO be the one "enforcing the law"?
Old 06-28-2022, 09:30 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Not true. The citation is just an a document that says the LOE saw you "supposedly"
break a law and, by signing the citation, you agree to appear in court at the appointed time. Once you get to the court, you are either found guilty and given your penalty or found innocent and sent on your way. It is the judge that issues the sentence if found guilty and therefore "enforces the law".
If you go back through the years, you will find many times someone was found guilty and, later, it was found the verdict was wrong. Many times the person wrongly convicted has sued the city, county or state and won. Was the arresting/citing officer the one that announced the verdict or penalty to be imposed? NO, it was the court/judge so, if that be the case, how can the LEO be the one "enforcing the law"?
Sorry Hydro, they're called "law enforcement officers" for a reason. You guys are spinning your wheels too fast.

Edit: In the Fresno incident, an air safety inspector from the local FAA field office wouldn't even have had the authority to confiscate the flying wing.

Last edited by ECHO24; 06-28-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:33 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

You're right, they are. That being the fact that LEOs are the eyes and ears of the courts. If the judges had to be on the streets, they would probably end up being like Judge Dredd
Old 06-28-2022, 09:56 AM
astrohog

Sorry Hydro, they're called "law enforcement officers" for a reason. You guys are spinning your wheels too fast.
Your user name checks out. You are nothing more than an echo chamber. Repeating stuff doesn’t make it relevant.
Edit: In the Fresno incident, an air safety inspector from the local FAA field office wouldn't even have had the authority to confiscate the flying wing.
Please cite the source that verifies your statement that the FAA doesn’t have authority to confiscate a drone where the local Law Enforcement Agency does (unless, in the Fresno incident, that the LEO’s confiscated the drone for allegedly breaking local laws, not FAA rules, in which case the FAA would obviously NOT have authority over!).

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 10:11 AM
ECHO24

What we have here is called buying into a logical fallacy. There is obviously no such thing as "enforcement coupled with judgement". But astro will likely waste 40 more posts arguing about it.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 06-28-2022, 10:20 AM
astrohog

What we have here is called buying into a logical fallacy. There is obviously no such thing as "enforcement coupled with judgement". But astro will likely waste 40 more posts arguing about it.
Are you going to provide basis for your statement, or just continue to type meaningless blather?

which fallacy did I buy into?

why are you making up terms like, “enforcement coupled with judgement”?

There are enforcement actions and enforcement. They are two completely different things.

What part don’t you understand?

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 10:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

More like

Old 06-28-2022, 10:22 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey

Sweet !!!!
Old 06-28-2022, 10:26 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
You're right, they are. That being the fact that LEOs are the eyes and ears of the courts. If the judges had to be on the streets, they would probably end up being like Judge Dredd
Nope, in both cases the LEO enforced FAA regs by putting an end to the activity. In my case issuing the warning of “ pack up your equipment or be cited “ and the Fresno case of confiscating the FPV wing. That is the discover and deter aspect of the enforcement definition I posted earlier.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

NOT an AMA member btw.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:38 AM
astrohog

Nope, in both cases the LEO enforced FAA regs by putting an end to the activity. In my case issuing the warning of “ pack up your equipment or be cited “ and the Fresno case of confiscating the FPV wing. That is the discover and deter aspect of the enforcement definition I posted earlier.
Too bad “your” definition doesn’t align with the FAA’s. Context matters, remember?

Or does context only matter when it suits you?

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 10:38 AM
speedracerntrixie

This may seem appropriate as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tayl...VED4xvfWU,st:0
Old 06-28-2022, 11:00 AM
astrohog

“Pack up your equipment or be cited” was the original comment I challenged with the statement, “Local LEO does not have the authority to cite you for FAA violations”.

40 pages later my statement is still absolutely factual, despite the repeated attempts by you and your minions to move the goalpost, call me names, troll me and bully me into silence, all the while accusing me of doing all those things.

Now you are desperately jumping on the meme bandwagon, essentially proclaiming your innocence.

Sounds just like pigeon chess to me!

Typical.

Sad.

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 06-28-2022 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:09 AM
speedracerntrixie

Astro, take notice that Franklin, who I would expect to have the most experience with the FAA amongst our group is not backing you up on this. Now ask yourself why.

Also notice that no amount of your proclaiming victory or brow beating, psychological diagnosis is going to change anything.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:13 AM
astrohog

Astro, take notice that Franklin, who I would expect to have the most experience with the FAA amongst our group is not backing you up on this. Now ask yourself why.

Also notice that no amount of your proclaiming victory or brow beating, psychological diagnosis is going to change anything.
Why do I care if Franklin backs me? What does that have to do with my statement being factual? NOTHING

Do I need to point out how desperate you must be to TRY to use Franklin to support your stance? LOL

Just another of your desperate logical fallacies!

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 06-28-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:55 AM
speedracerntrixie

Sure it does, I’m fairly certain that if you were correct, Franklin would offer confirmation. Historically he is not bashful offering his opposing views.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:59 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by astrohog
Are you going to provide basis for your statement, or just continue to type meaningless blather?

which fallacy did I buy into?

why are you making up terms like, “enforcement coupled with judgement”?

There are enforcement actions and enforcement. They are two completely different things.

What part don’t you understand?

Astro
“enforcement coupled with judgement” is init4fun's summary of your argument. Not to pick on him but that's the fallacy. Yours.

OK, were up to 4. Only 36 more to go on the subject. Internet gasbag par excellence!, here at least.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:10 PM
astrohog

“enforcement coupled with judgement” is init4fun's summary of your argument. Not to pick on him but that's the fallacy. Yours.

OK, were up to 4. Only 36 more to go on the subject. Internet gasbag par excellence!, here at least.
I’ll assume you are still ignoring my request for where you came up with the statement that the FAA enforcement officers cannot confiscate drones came from?

And I’ll also assume that you are still choosing to disregard the quote from the FAA doc. That clearly establishes the difference between enforcement actions and enforcement?

Astro
Old 06-28-2022, 12:11 PM
astrohog

Sure it does, I’m fairly certain that if you were correct, Franklin would offer confirmation. Historically he is not bashful offering his opposing views.
No, it doesn’t. Repeat it all you want.

Astro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.