Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Old 06-30-2022, 09:06 AM
  #376  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
It literally says local law enforcement are often in the best position to enforce FAA UAS regs, the reason being that
their field agents are often not able to immediately travel to the location.

I'll leave you to play your mental sandbox. This is a waste of time.
No it doesn’t, it literally says, “enforcement actions”, then it says, “the FAA retains the responsibility for enforcing FAAs regulations”.

I guess you don’t like my questions and can’t substantiate your statements, therefore you don’t answer them?

Typical.

You’re like the pot calling the kettle black. LOL

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 10:21 AM
  #377  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,240
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default



Old 06-30-2022, 10:50 AM
  #378  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,051
Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts
Default

Oh cool , back to music videos.




Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 06-30-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:51 AM
  #379  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Maybe it's an NPC -

Old 06-30-2022, 10:57 AM
  #380  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I guess it’s just easier to deflect by watching music videos than acquiesce to reality…..

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 11:04 AM
  #381  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,051
Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts
Default


Old 06-30-2022, 11:29 AM
  #382  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,240
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
I guess it’s just easier to deflect by watching music videos than acquiesce to reality…..

Astro
I gave ya the point way back on post #322, , , , and now I'm left wondering if to "agree to disagree" may be the best course of action between all of the holders of the two different viewpoints here. It's become "punch in the face" obvious that neither you nor Echo are gonna change each other's minds on this, why aggravate yourselves further with an effort that has become the textbook definition of futile ?

That was the attempted humor behind "Yakety Yak", you can both talk till you're blue in the face(or have keyboard calloused fingertips ) and neither side is ever gonna capitulate.

PS, I hope you both know (Astro & Echo) this ain't a dig at either side, just my view of the stalemate as presented......
Old 06-30-2022, 11:32 AM
  #383  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Sez ... I AM IMPOSING MY WILL AND YOU WILL ACQUIESCE

Old 06-30-2022, 11:40 AM
  #384  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,240
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default


Old 06-30-2022, 11:46 AM
  #385  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,051
Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts
Default

Police can enforce FAA regs.



https://tenor.com/view/no-nooo-noooo...o-gif-12379687
Old 06-30-2022, 11:48 AM
  #386  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I gave ya the point way back on post #322, , , , and now I'm left wondering if to "agree to disagree" may be the best course of action between all of the holders of the two different viewpoints here. It's become "punch in the face" obvious that neither you nor Echo are gonna change each other's minds on this, why aggravate yourselves further with an effort that has become the textbook definition of futile ?

That was the attempted humor behind "Yakety Yak", you can both talk till you're blue in the face(or have keyboard calloused fingertips ) and neither side is ever gonna capitulate.

PS, I hope you both know (Astro & Echo) this ain't a dig at either side, just my view of the stalemate as presented......
I wasn’t digging at you, either. I know you just want to keep it light-hearted and have weighed in on the topic already.

It’s clear that the other chuckleheads are desperately clinging to their stance in order to protect their fragile egos and use the memes as a way to deflect and bully me.

I wish I could agree to disagree, but, in this case, there is simply no reason to, as I posted the definitive answer directly from the FAA website.

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 11:51 AM
  #387  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
You’ve clearly proven you don’t understand logic OR what constitutes a fact.

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 11:54 AM
  #388  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,051
Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
You’ve clearly proven you don’t understand logic OR what constitutes a fact.

Astro

Old 06-30-2022, 12:06 PM
  #389  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I gave ya the point way back on post #322, , , , and now I'm left wondering if to "agree to disagree" may be the best course of action between all of the holders of the two different viewpoints here. It's become "punch in the face" obvious that neither you nor Echo are gonna change each other's minds on this, why aggravate yourselves further with an effort that has become the textbook definition of futile ?

That was the attempted humor behind "Yakety Yak", you can both talk till you're blue in the face(or have keyboard calloused fingertips ) and neither side is ever gonna capitulate.

PS, I hope you both know (Astro & Echo) this ain't a dig at either side, just my view of the stalemate as presented......
At some point there is a thing called plain English. There is no room to reinterpret that statement. The point astro keeps banging about on the
FAA's authority, is preceded by "Although". Although the FAA retains authority, their field agents often cannot travel immediately to the location
and "the FAA is also known to delegate responsibilities to other parties" . i.e., local law enforcement agencies mentioned, in their place.

After imagining a different scenario it might take a couple of times reading it but that's what it says. And that's how it works in the real world.
The FAA is saying local law enforcement only has that authority because the FAA is granting it.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:13 PM
  #390  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

The further it goes the further the actual statement gets lost in the chaff:

"State and local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) are often in the best position to deter, detect, immediately investigate, and, as appropriate, pursue enforcement actions to stop unauthorized UAS operations. Although the FAA retains the responsibility for enforcing FAAs regulations, FAA aviation safety inspectors, who are the agency’s principal field elements responsible for following up on these unauthorized and/or unsafe activities, will often be unable to immediately travel to the location of an incident."

Historically, the FAA is also known to delegate responsibilities to other parties, such as ‘self-certification’ (Boeing, Lockheed, Piper, Raytheon/Beechcraft, etc).
Old 06-30-2022, 12:18 PM
  #391  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,240
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
At some point there is a thing called plain English. There is no room to reinterpret that statement. The point astro keeps banging about on the
FAA's authority, is preceded by "Although". Although the FAA retains authority, their field agents often cannot travel immediately to the location
and "the FAA is also known to delegate responsibilities to other parties" . i.e., local law enforcement agencies mentioned, in their place.

After imagining a different scenario it might take a couple of times reading it but that's what it says. And that's how it works in the real world.
The FAA is saying local law enforcement only has that authority because the FAA is granting it.
Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
The further it goes the further the actual statement gets lost in the chaff:

"State and local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) are often in the best position to deter, detect, immediately investigate, and, as appropriate, pursue enforcement actions to stop unauthorized UAS operations. Although the FAA retains the responsibility for enforcing FAAs regulations, FAA aviation safety inspectors, who are the agency’s principal field elements responsible for following up on these unauthorized and/or unsafe activities, will often be unable to immediately travel to the location of an incident."

Historically, the FAA is also known to delegate responsibilities to other parties, such as ‘self-certification’ (Boeing, Lockheed, Piper, Raytheon/Beechcraft, etc).
You & Astro both make very convincing arguments regarding your viewpoints, and that's why I thought the ol "agree to disagree" thing may work here for ya. I'll tell ya what, we're ALL Goddamned lucky these aren't still the days when RC Ken used to moderate this forum with a whip and a chair like the internet version of a Lion tamer, he's have bounced the whole lot of us out on our sorry arses long ago

Last edited by init4fun; 06-30-2022 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Damned typos
Old 06-30-2022, 12:19 PM
  #392  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Actually, the further it goes, the more defined it is.

Although they allow local law enforcement to assist, the FAA retains enforcement authority.

It’s really simple.

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 12:23 PM
  #393  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

And Echo refuses to answer the questions because he knows it will be his kryptonite.

clear and simple.

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 12:28 PM
  #394  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
You & Astro both make very convincing arguments regarding your viewpoints, and that's why I thought the ol "agree to disagree" thing may work here for ya. I'll tell ya what, we're ALL Goddamned lucky these aren't still the days when RC Ken used to moderate this forum with a whip and a chair like the internet version of a Lion tamer, he's have bounced the whole lot of us out on our sorry arses long ago
astro's claim is that local law enforcement has no authority to enforce FAA UAS regulations. It is false on its face.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:36 PM
  #395  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
You & Astro both make very convincing arguments regarding your viewpoints, and that's why I thought the ol "agree to disagree" thing may work here for ya. I'll tell ya what, we're ALL Goddamned lucky these aren't still the days when RC Ken used to moderate this forum with a whip and a chair like the internet version of a Lion tamer, he's have bounced the whole lot of us out on our sorry arses long ago
Maybe I should back up. You say astro makes a convincing argument. What exactly is that argument?
Old 06-30-2022, 01:06 PM
  #396  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,240
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Maybe I should back up. You say astro makes a convincing argument. What exactly is that argument?
I took it as ;

Although in certain instances the FAA may choose to delegate the leg work to the local police ( Tha Po Po , if we go and bring Rap into it ) , the choice is the FAA's and the FAA's alone as to whether they enlist that help or not. The locals can't just up and decide to enforce FAA regs on their own whim, thereby establishing the FAA's monopoly on the choice of who does what.

So there ya go, my best take on this poor beaten to death Horse's rotting corpse, ya'll have a good evening now, it's 5PM here and dinner awaits
Old 06-30-2022, 01:26 PM
  #397  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I took it as ;

Although in certain instances the FAA may choose to delegate the leg work to the local police ( Tha Po Po , if we go and bring Rap into it ) , the choice is the FAA's and the FAA's alone as to whether they enlist that help or not. The locals can't just up and decide to enforce FAA regs on their own whim, thereby establishing the FAA's monopoly on the choice of who does what.

So there ya go, my best take on this poor beaten to death Horse's rotting corpse, ya'll have a good evening now, it's 5PM here and dinner awaits
Well, you're helping prop up the corpse. Be that as it may, if you were flying a model airplane with the 5 mile limit of an airport. and local cop came up said
you could fly there, would he have the authority to take your plane and gear if you refused to stop flying? (after dinner of course)
Old 06-30-2022, 01:35 PM
  #398  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Well, you're helping prop up the corpse. Be that as it may, if you were flying a model airplane with the 5 mile limit of an airport. and local cop came up said
you could fly there, would he have the authority to take your plane and gear if you refused to stop flying? (after dinner of course)
What makes you think anyone wants to answer your questions, when you don't return the respect?

Astro
Old 06-30-2022, 02:05 PM
  #399  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,056
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
What makes you think anyone wants to answer your questions, when you don't return the respect?

Astro
If you mean you, this is I think my 4th astro merry-go-round. Like the rest I've reached my limit with you on this one too.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:09 PM
  #400  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,188
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Echo, echo, echo echo chamber.........

Typical AND lame! Takes away whatever credibility you MAY have.

Astro

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.