Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 06:25 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is an apparent typo in the FAA response:

"In a very general sense, the answer is "yes." [that local LE are empowered to enforce FAA UAS regulations] However the
simple fact is the majority of local law enforcement personnel are familiar with FAA regulations.

It only makes sense in context as "are not familiar". I.E., they don't necessarily have to know the specific statute to respond.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:34 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Another one:
A small plane lands and takes off on a public road. A neighbor calls the police. They come out and take a report. No harm
no foul, with the police it ends there but they forward it to the FAA.
You are kind of all over the place. For the sake of this conversation not turning South due to misunderstanding, it would be beneficial if you could cite real-life scenarios that include the specifics that provide real impetus to your stance, instead of made-up scenarios with speculative results.

I previously asked for you to provide the FAA regulation that prohibits interference with emergency response providers in order to validate claims you made. For the sake of this discussion remaining civil and pertinent, it is your responsibility to do so. If you just want to toss irrelevant "gotcha's" out there, it might be best for you to remain on the sidelines.

Astro

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 06:37 PM
ECHO24

My "responsibility" LOL, OK Karen.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:38 PM
astrohog

There is an apparent typo in the FAA response:

"In a very general sense, the answer is "yes." [that local LE are empowered to enforce FAA UAS regulations] However the
simple fact is the majority of local law enforcement personnel are familiar with FAA regulations.

It only makes sense in context as "are not familiar". I.E., they don't necessarily have to know the specific statute to respond.
Did you read the quote I posted above? Did you follow the link and read the FAA statement? It clarifies and substantiates my statements. It would be more beneficial to this discussion that you state any objections you have to that, rather than flood the thread with, "What-ifs", due to the fact that it is an actual FAA publication meant to clarify the exact issue we are discussing.

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 06:42 PM
astrohog

My "responsibility" LOL, OK Karen.
Annddd, there you go with the name-calling. WHY must you do that?

Apparently, you don't have a clue on how to conduct yourself in an adult conversation and that, yes, there are "rules" to a civil discussion, one of them being responsible to provide support to claims you made when challenged. It is clear that you would rather submit "gotcha's" than have an adult discussion.

That does not make me a karen, it makes you ignorant.

Astro

Old 06-12-2022, 06:44 PM
ECHO24

Thread Night Shift Supervisor: I want all i's dotted and t's crossed - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Old 06-12-2022, 06:47 PM
ECHO24

The point of the exercise is that local law enforcement IS in fact authorized to enforce UAS regulations. Some may recall that back
when all this (drones) started the FAA sent out fact sheets to police departments across the country.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:01 PM
astrohog

The point of the exercise is that local law enforcement IS in fact authorized to enforce UAS regulations. Some may recall that back
when all this (drones) started the FAA sent out fact sheets to police departments across the country.
I may be a little slow......please articulate how the FAA sending fact sheets to local LE gives them any authority to enforce FAA regulations?

READ the document I posted. It is VERY clear.

"However, other law enforcement processes, such as arrest and detention or non-consensual searches almost always fall outside of the allowable methods to pursue administrative enforcement actions by the FAA unless they are truly a by-product of a state criminal investigation. We do not mean to discourage use of these methods and procedures where there is an independent basis for them under state or local law."

What part of that is confusing you?

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:02 PM
ECHO24

To understand "enforcement" by local law enforcement, it might be helpful to consider the officer as the first point of contact,
much like an Aviation Safety Inspector from an FSDO doing the same would also forward their report further up the chain.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:07 PM
astrohog

The opening statement is also very clear. It states, "The FAA retains the responsibility for enforcing Federal Aviation Regulations, including those applicable to the use of UAS. The agency recognizes though that State and local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) are often in the best position to deter, detect, immediately investigate, 1 and, as appropriate, 2 pursue enforcement actions to stop unauthorized or unsafe UAS operations. The information provided below is intended to support the partnership between the FAA and LEAs in addressing these activities."

This document also distinguishes that, "enforcemennt actions" are different than "Enforcement".

You can deny it and argue all you want, it does not change reality.

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:09 PM
ECHO24

Give it up dude, you're flogging a dead horse.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:14 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

most of the stateside drunken pilot episodes start with a public intoxication charge from the local leos. from there the faa gets to begin it's investigation and decide on it's actions.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:15 PM
astrohog

To understand "enforcement" by local law enforcement, it might be helpful to consider the officer as the first point of contact,
much like an Aviation Safety Inspector from an FSDO doing the same would also forward their report further up the chain.
Absolutely everything in that document aligns with what I have said here. In most of those cases, the arrest was made for violating local laws and ordinances, which local LE obviously have enforcement authority.

Note the case where the defendant was brought up on charges of flying over 500'. case was dropped because it was an FAA reg., not a local law or ordinance. Again, this supports my statements.

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:16 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by mongo
most of the stateside drunken pilot episodes start with a public intoxication charge from the local leos. from there the faa gets to begin it's investigation and decide on it's actions.
EXACTLY!!!

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:19 PM
astrohog

This is why these threads devolve. YOU are the one that doesn't comprehend the FAA literature. Not my problem, nor does it make you right. It would seem that this one is above your pay grade.

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:21 PM
ECHO24

Go fly your Astrohog by a control tower and see who shows up to stop you.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:25 PM
astrohog

Not flogging any horses, just arguing with an idiot on the internet. And you are doing exactly what happens when one does so.

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:29 PM
ECHO24

If security can't locate you on the airport proper the tower will call the POLICE genius.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:30 PM
astrohog

Go fly your Astrohog by a control tower and see who shows up to stop you.
Read the document. That is NOT enforcement.....

Still waiting for the FAA reg. about interfering with emergency response. If you are not going to provide it, at least just say you can't provide it.

Your wurdz are only as good as the facts you can provide to back them up. What I'm hearing you say is:

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:35 PM
ECHO24

Forcing you into the back of a police car is called "enforcement". You won't be flying your Astrohog anymore either.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:47 PM
astrohog

Forcing you into the back of a police car is called "enforcement". You won't be flying your Astrohog anymore either.
I see you are convicted in your erroneous beliefs and have not read the FAA document I posted. LOL

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 07:59 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by astrohog
I see you are convicted in your erroneous beliefs and have not read the FAA document I posted. LOL

Astro
If you're talking about a notice of proposed whatever enforcement action from the FAA, it won't come from an Aviation Safety Inspector either, if that
was the case, or whoever else. That is just the first point of contact, i.e., just like a police officer taking your information an forwarding it to the FAA.
They have the authority to answer the call. But you'd rather spin and twirl like a little leprechaun, dazzling with wit and diddling about semantics.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:11 PM
astrohog

If you're talking about a notice of proposed whatever enforcement action from the FAA, it won't come from an Aviation Safety Inspector either, if that
was the case, or whoever else. That is just the first point of contact, i.e., just like a police officer taking your information an forwarding it to the FAA.
They have the authority to answer the call. But you'd rather spin and twirl like a little leprechaun, dazzling with wit and diddling about semantics.
LOL. What part of, "The CHP does not have authority to enforce FAA regs." do you call, "spin and twirl like a little leprechaun with wit and diddling about semantics"?

Especially when followed up by this quote from the FAA, "The FAA retains the responsibility for enforcing Federal Aviation Regulations" and, "However, other law enforcement processes, such as arrest and detention or non-consensual searches almost always fall outside of the allowable methods to pursue administrative enforcement actions by the FAA unless they are truly a by-product of a state criminal investigation."

A simple, "I was wrong" would suffice, instead of doubling-down on your lame attempt to save face.

Astro

Astro
Old 06-12-2022, 08:18 PM
ECHO24

speedracerntrixie posted it straight from the horses mouth, THE FAA. What that's talking about is the CHP can't criminally
prosecute an FAA regulation. Just like the insurance thing, once you're on a roll you just can't let it go.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:53 PM
astrohog

speedracerntrixie posted it straight from the horses mouth, THE FAA. What that's talking about is the CHP can't criminally
prosecute an FAA regulation. Just like the insurance thing, once you're on a roll you just can't let it go.
Look in the mirror.
If you read the words in the FAA text from Speedy, it is an arbitrary statement from ONE FAA official. If you'll notice, I asked Speedy to have the FAA guy to be more specific and we've heard crickets since then. I think it is safe to assume that he either didn't ask and wasn't interested in a more specific answer, he received an answer he didn't like, or hasn't received a reply. Key words of that text that qualified it as arbitrary and not a "hard" statement was, "In a very general sense, the answer is "yes"". That is nowhere near definitive and the FAA representative had no clue to the context of this conversation. If you were read further the FAA representative goes on to be more specific by saying, "In a more practical sense, the FAA empowers investigative and enforcement authority to its Aviation and Safety Inspectors in the regional Flight Standards District Offices". Both of those statements support what I have been saying all along, you are the one that is choosing to ignore the words and spinning to your narrative. I'm not surprised, it happens constantly in here.

The word of one FAA rep. does not trump the FAA written documents I have provided, as people have been known to be wrong, misspeak, or not be able to articulate effectively.

What part of the documents and quotes I have provided do you believe are wrong or do not support my position?

Astro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.