Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Red Bull plane swap

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Red Bull plane swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 10:25 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Red Bull plane swap

We seem to talk about the FAA in this forum just as much as the AMA so thought this would make for a good discussion topic. From what I gather so far is that the FAA was consulted on this stunt and the pilot(s) were told that at no time was either aircraft to be ( empty ) or pilotless. They went and did the stunt anyways. I don’t know how involved Red Bull was but from my perspective there are some similarities here with the AMA and members flying above 400’ in spite of what the FAA has to say. I’m interested in seeing just how the FAA handles the situation as it just might shed some light on how they deal with someone flying their model airplane over 400’ if/when they enforce.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...-swap-84437972

Old 05-04-2022, 11:35 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Speed, good topic.

My Carnac the Magnificent skills tell me that the two pilots will end up being pilots no more, and that Red Bull will be loosing many greenbacks in the process........

Old 05-04-2022, 11:57 AM
mach5nchimchim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of those pilots was probably Trevor Jacob lol.

Last edited by mach5nchimchim; 05-04-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:52 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Speed, good topic.

My Carnac the Magnificent skills tell me that the two pilots will end up being pilots no more, and that Red Bull will be loosing many greenbacks in the process........

I agree that they should be stripped of flying privileges. I wonder if they have an agreement with Red Bull that their fines would be paid by Red Bull or if Red Bull is found to bear any responsibility for the stunt? Unfortunately Red Bull will only profit from this as the energy drink Democratic eats this stuff up. Not the first idiotic aircraft stunt for them, must sell drinks otherwise why keep doing them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+...fQAxys9q8,st:0
Old 05-04-2022, 01:39 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I agree that they should be stripped of flying privileges. I wonder if they have an agreement with Red Bull that their fines would be paid by Red Bull or if Red Bull is found to bear any responsibility for the stunt? Unfortunately Red Bull will only profit from this as the energy drink Democratic eats this stuff up. Not the first idiotic aircraft stunt for them, must sell drinks otherwise why keep doing them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+...fQAxys9q8,st:0

Interestingly, the Red Bull tunnel flight was in Turkey, I wonder if "The Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Turkey" (The Turkish equivalent of our FAA) was consulted before the stunt was performed? As to the loss of flying privileges I must admit to being somewhat surprised to read that Trevor Jacob only received a year suspension of his pilot's license for purposely crashing his Taylorcraft (The FAA's own words) while filming it for UTube. Maybe being a rich Olympics star had something to do with the light punishment? I'd have figured it'd be a lifetime ban for something so reckless. Then again, Harrison Ford still has his ticket after what 4 or so crashes/incidents, I guess being the pilot of the Millennium Falcon earned him a Mulligan or few ?

It'll be really interesting to see how the FAA handles this, that's for sure......

Last edited by init4fun; 05-04-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:46 PM
speedracerntrixie

The phrase “ legal for a price “ comes to mind.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:57 PM
init4fun

The phrase “ legal for a price “ comes to mind.
Yep, and leads me to believe that Red Bull will buy everyone's way outta trouble, and it'll be "business as usual" with the stupid stunts till someone takes the big dirt nap during one.....
Old 05-05-2022, 10:52 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We seem to talk about the FAA in this forum just as much as the AMA so thought this would make for a good discussion topic. From what I gather so far is that the FAA was consulted on this stunt and the pilot(s) were told that at no time was either aircraft to be ( empty ) or pilotless. They went and did the stunt anyways. I don’t know how involved Red Bull was but from my perspective there are some similarities here with the AMA and members flying above 400’ in spite of what the FAA has to say. I’m interested in seeing just how the FAA handles the situation as it just might shed some light on how they deal with someone flying their model airplane over 400’ if/when they enforce.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...-swap-84437972

I don't see any similarities with flying over 400' RC flyers have been flying over that altitude for decades and it caused no problems, In the stunt they crashed a full scale plane and that could have had caused major problems.
Old 05-06-2022, 05:06 AM
speedracerntrixie

IMO the similarities are that FAA told them not to do it and they did anyways, sort of like being told not to fly over 400’ and doing it anyways. I agree with you that the potential for harm was much greater with this stunt depending on the location. I don’t think anyone anticipated the one airplane going into a spin, if that spin had gone flat ( maybe not possible with a Cessna ) it could have traveled quite a distance.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:34 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, instances such as this dumb daredevil stunt, the FAA was correct in its denial. Not surprising the individuals involved proceeded anyway since video interviews illustrated their wide eyed, grinning cocky attitude.

Like it or not the FAA does have people’s safety in mind, from the spectator to the innocent walking down the street.

So, move stunts such as this to other less restricted countries where you can take spectators with you into the smoking hole in the ground.

FAA needs to ground these weenies.
Old 05-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.
IMO, instances such as this dumb daredevil stunt, the FAA was correct in its denial. Not surprising the individuals involved proceeded anyway since video interviews illustrated their wide eyed, grinning cocky attitude.

Like it or not the FAA does have people’s safety in mind, from the spectator to the innocent walking down the street.

So, move stunts such as this to other less restricted countries where you can take spectators with you into the smoking hole in the ground.

FAA needs to ground these weenies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that "stunt"(I think stupid should have been included in there but I'll leave that to others to decide) get moved to Turkey? If it was, then the FAA had no say in what was done there. Personally, I think the crashing of a Cessna 172 for no real reason was beyond stupid. Hopefully, the FAA won't allow those involved to fly in the US again
Old 05-06-2022, 06:16 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that "stunt"(I think stupid should have been included in there but I'll leave that to others to decide) get moved to Turkey? If it was, then the FAA had no say in what was done there. Personally, I think the crashing of a Cessna 172 for no real reason was beyond stupid. Hopefully, the FAA won't allow those involved to fly in the US again
Yes you are wrong again. Did you not even bother watching the video I posted a link to?
Old 05-06-2022, 07:26 PM
Hydro Junkie

And so are you. I asked for someone to correct me, not make an accusatory statement. You really just can't do what's asked, can you?
I had heard from other sources that the stunt had been performed in Turkey since it had been banned by the FAA. Anyone that has been paying attention knows that the mainstream media makes up or spins news to fit their narrative. This is well known and documented, just look at the Hunter Biden laptop on that one. For that matter, just look at what's being said by the White House over the violence and root causes there of over the preliminary "leaked" report over Roe vs Wade. They are claiming it's right wing white supremists. Problem with that is, when you look at the past two years, a majority of those involved with the robberies, vandalism, assaults and such were either younger(teens and into early 20s) blacks and whites robbing stores or black on black, hardly what I would or could call white supremists. I was looking for a correction from a reputable and reliable source, not a questionable one like ABC

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-06-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:34 PM
speedracerntrixie

Look Water Boy, stop with the spin because you were too stupid to look at all the information in the thread before shooting off your mouth. Either stick within the topic or stay out of my thread. This is about an aviation stunt that happened in the US.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Funny, I thought this was an OPEN FORUM, not one where you get banned for saying the wrong thing about the left's narrative. Then again, since this is apparently YOUR FORUM, I don't see the need to visit this thread again
Old 05-07-2022, 04:57 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by init4fun
Interestingly, the Red Bull tunnel flight was in Turkey, I wonder if "The Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Turkey" (The Turkish equivalent of our FAA) was consulted before the stunt was performed? ......
Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Hi Hydro, you have my apology for causing confusion by bringing a different "Stupid Red Bull Stunt" into the thread here. The incident I was referring to in my post was the one where they flew a plane through a highway tunnel in Turkey, and not the switching planes in midair stunt in the Arizona desert that Speed started this thread about.

Now with that said, while I do disagree with Speed's rather snippy tone in replying to you, I also disagree with the bringing of political baggage into the thread, two wrongs really don't make a right (but three lefts sometimes do) ....

Chill bros, life's too short for grudges over our shared hobby.......
Old 05-07-2022, 05:10 AM
speedracerntrixie

Init, I suppose you need to know all the context to my reaction, especially the “ stay on topic or get out of my thread “ comment. Of course he also has to add the “ open forum “ comment just a few days after sending me this gem of a PM.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:16 AM
init4fun

Hi Speed, yep, I know there is bad blood between you two, and my only hope here is that it doesn't end up getting you both banned. While it appears that the moderation staff has completely abandoned this AMA subforum, I'm quite sure they are still active in other subforums and I do enjoy reading both of your's posts when your not fighting with each other.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:26 AM
speedracerntrixie

Now mind you I didn’t post in the thread in which he is referring to, I only went in and read the clues the the little guessing game they play in that forum. His reaction is way off base. I had a conversation with one of the regulars in that forum back in February where I extended some good will towards Hydro. He of course remains a Richard. Then comes into My thread to convolute the topic.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:10 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Take two to Tango, only one to walk off the dance floor
Old 05-07-2022, 12:12 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Take two to Tango, only one to walk off the dance floor

Yep, tried that. I left the AMA forum for around 8 months. The three amigos missed me so much they trolled me in other forums.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:54 PM
scale only 4 me

Don't have to leave the forum,, just make your points and don't respond to the trolling,

As I'm sure you know I have one member over on the other site that has trolled me for 5-6 years. I just stopped responding to his nonsense and now the site is fun again.

You can only control you
Old 05-07-2022, 02:12 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't have to leave the forum,, just make your points and don't respond to the trolling,

As I'm sure you know I have one member over on the other site that has trolled me for 5-6 years. I just stopped responding to his nonsense and now the site is fun again.

You can only control you

Oh please, you are not so innocent, you goat and bait him every chance you get and always post such that its, look at me, look at me.
The amount of threads that you enter and make a point of trying to make it about you has no limit.
Seems you only just stopped posting responses to his since he signs off on his posts now saying "hi Scale" as its an obvious pattern that you always have a go at him as if it makes you feel better.

At least you have ceased with your little Krue club these days which is refreshing.

Be honest with yourself Tom.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:36 PM
scale only 4 me

LOL, never said I was innocent,, why have you been banned there repeatedly? Trolling right?

Not who I was talking about anyway, Bill doesn't troll that much,, just throws a hissy-fit and crybullies when anyone disagrees with his nonsensical posts.

Back to ignoring your trolling again because your opinion doesn't mean anything,,, How the hell was your ban here reversed anyway? Glitch in the system no doubt

Buh bye

Old 05-07-2022, 02:41 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, never said I was innocent,, why have you been banned there repeatedly? Trolling right?

Not who I was talking about anyway, Bill doesn't troll that much,, just throws a hissy-fit and crybullies when anyone disagrees with his nonsensical posts.

Back to ignoring your trolling again because your opinion doesn't mean anything,,, How the hell was your ban here reversed anyway? Glitch in the system no doubt

Buh bye
You have no idea and that's it in a nutshell. You have no idea. And of course, you wouldn't practice what you preach and went on the attack. You really can't keep it nice.
Take some of your own advice.

Lets let the Op and the subject of the thread resume without you further adding your smug advice which you don't heed yourself.
Be nice Tom.
I

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.