Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Mosaic

Old 08-07-2022, 05:47 PM
ECHO24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mosaic

The FAA has been working to integrate all non-standard aircraft under a comprehensive regulatory framework. That includes light sport aircraft
(LSA), homebuilts, ultralights, warbirds and drones, UAS. It's called Mosaic, Modernization Of Special Airworthiness Certification. The idea is
that "experimental aircraft" have evolved into proven and safe designs, and restrictions on their use should be revised to reflect that.

The UAS category included not just drones (and us) but all unmanned aircraft of any size. The FAA is now spitting off UAS from that project.
https://generalaviationnews.com/2022...o-lsa-delayed/

... Apparently homebuilt and LSA guys/gals are aware of Mosaic. I had never heard of it and don't know if it does or does not affect RC flying.

Last edited by ECHO24; 08-08-2022 at 08:56 AM.