Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Old 11-10-2022, 08:02 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
As Iíve said many times, I couldnít care less what is said about the AMA provided what is said is factual. Donít state your personal opinions a factual. Donít disparage others for having a different opinion. For Astro, stop throwing amateur psychological labels on people. Today Franklin and I were actually having somewhat a productive discussion until the two of you chimed in. It shouldnít be a surprise to you two that the tone that you take with me is going to be returned, good or bad. So if you really want me to lighten up then I suggest the same of you.

For the record Franklin was banned for two reasons. First he continually posted off topic. He posted continually about the AMA in the advocacy forum and not the AMA forum. I can only assume he was issued warnings which he ignored. Then as a banned member he created a different account. Bottom line he broke site rules which led to him being banned.
Sorry fact checker. What I posted was absolutely factual: AMA management frothing over Remote ID that has nothing to do with fixed fields (as with you and the other AMAers over at RCGroups), AMA throwing away Section 336 over drones, and AMA president Rich Hanson exhibiting signs of dementia. Pick a subject if you care to.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:03 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For Astro, stop throwing amateur psychological labels on people.
You just said you were okay with it as long as it is factual. You go off the rails every single time you are called out on your BS and start with personal attacks. You do it here, there and everywhere and have done it for a long time, it is really transparent. You've tried every trick in the book to have me banned here, there and everywhere, but you can't, because, regardless of what you say, I follow the rules and stick to the topic, at least until you start throwing stones. Notice how you rarely answer the tough questions like the one I posed at you earlier. Same ole, same ole........

Astro
Old 11-10-2022, 10:04 PM
ECHO24

Posts without a quote or reference are just barking at the moon. Enough is enough. Speedo is on ignore.

Last edited by ECHO24; 11-10-2022 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:23 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

So your saying that I need to create maintenance records for all my models and upload them to an FAA database? I mean I’m fairly confident that what the word “ Obtaining “ meant in the post you quoted.

Once again having said that, I’m not opposed to FAA or AMA or Flite Test etc. to come up with a comprehensive check list. Perhaps one that would also cover the dangers of flying in public venues without a spotter.
I've been trying to stay out of this thread but this post has me drawn in. Since I work in full sized commercial aviation, I know how the FAA works and what is required for record keeping and documentation on aircraft, simply put,
A LOG BOOK
It's actually very simple:
  • change oil in the engine, log it by date and engine hours
  • do a tune up, log it by date and engine hours
  • change a tire, log it by date and airframe time
  • do an annual inspection, log it by date and airframe time with any issues found and follow with corrective action taken for each issue
How can this be applied to R/Cs? Again, it's very simple:
  • replace ESC, log the date and new serial number
  • replace servo, log the date and new serial number, if there is one
  • do a structural repair, log the date and repair performed
You don't have to give the FAA any information about what you do with or to your aircraft unless they request it. If they have a question, you go to the local office with your log book and let them read it, YOU'RE DONE

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 11-10-2022 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:23 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your saying that I need to create maintenance records for all my models and upload them to an FAA database?
No, I'm not saying that at all. First, anything being said is being said by the FAA. And there's been nothing intimated about uploading, just keeping records.

I mean I’m fairly confident that what the word “ Obtaining “ meant in the post you quoted.
Are you really asking us to believe that the FAA is "encouraging" keeping maintenance records for the fun of it? Why would they want them if they didn't see a time in the future where they might ask for them. I don't know, like when a 100lb model veers left off a runway directly at people? Or when a turbine crashes into the pits, catches fire, and sends people to the hospital?

Once again having said that, I’m not opposed to FAA or AMA or Flite Test etc. to come up with a comprehensive check list. Perhaps one that would also cover the dangers of flying in public venues without a spotter.
Well, if you go read the EC minutes, it looks like a couple months back they started asking themselves some interesting questions with respect to things mentioned in this AC. Things they've never done before. Things I recommended they start back in 2014 and was lambasted for it.

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-11-2022 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:32 AM
franklin_m

For the record Franklin was banned for two reasons. First he continually posted off topic. He posted continually about the AMA in the advocacy forum and not the AMA forum. I can only assume he was issued warnings which he ignored. Then as a banned member he created a different account. Bottom line he broke site rules which led to him being banned.
Let's get a couple things straight:

First, I was accused of off topic posts. That, and that alone was basis of 'franklin_m' account ban.

Second, there were no warnings. I was working in Kazakhstan at the time, which put me roughly 9 hours ahead. I went to bed one night, no issues, no warnings, nothing. I awoke in the morning to see multiple instances of application of points while I was asleep (about 5 hours). They were applied minutes (sometimes seconds) apart. Each individual application of penalty said I could change the post and have the points removed - but with one problem. Because they piled them on so fast, there was no opportunity to do that. By the time I even saw the first one, I was already over the max point limit and forever banned under that rule. I'll have to look for them, but I think I took screenshots of multiple penalties over the very short period.

So, no warning, no opportunity to respond, edit posts, etc. It was a coordinated effort to rapidly pile on points and manufacture a reason to ban. The ringleader? Not sure. Come to your own conclusion based on what you read above.

Did I create a second account after the ban of franklin_m? Yep. But it was created AFTER, and thus was not justification for banning of my initial account

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-11-2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2022, 06:10 AM
astrohog

Just more of the good ole boy network doing what they do best..........

Crying about, "dangerous" words and bullying and squashing those who have differing opinions, all in the name of "Democracy". LOL

Astro
Old 11-11-2022, 11:26 AM
franklin_m

For the record Franklin was banned for two reasons. First he continually posted off topic. He posted continually about the AMA in the advocacy forum and not the AMA forum. I can only assume he was issued warnings which he ignored (emphasis added).
Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
... there were no warnings. I was working in Kazakhstan at the time, which put me roughly 9 hours ahead. I went to bed one night, no issues, no warnings, nothing. I awoke in the morning to see multiple instances of application of points while I was asleep (about 5 hours). They were applied minutes (sometimes seconds) apart. Each individual application of penalty said I could change the post and have the points removed - but with one problem. Because they piled them on so fast, there was no opportunity to do that. By the time I even saw the first one, I was already over the max point limit and forever banned under that rule. I'll have to look for them, but I think I took screenshots of multiple penalties over the very short period. (emphasis added).
Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
Just more of the good ole boy network doing what they do best ... Crying about, "dangerous" words and bullying and squashing those who have differing opinions, all in the name of "Democracy". LOL

And, as it turns out, I have the screenshots. You can see that multiple violations were piled on the same day (overnight in my time zone), so there were no warning and no opportunity to fix before I exceeded the level for the "troll" permanent ban. So what happened was on their system, they piled on the violations until meeting the troll threshold. Once met, they didn't wait for those to make their way through the system to me, but instead issued the toll ban. The ban showed up first ("2 days ago"). While the actual violations they put in the system to justify it? Those notifications didn't make their way to me until AFTER the troll ban ("1 day ago").

Coordinated hit? You draw your own conclusions. As well as who might have been the instigator.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:49 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

LOL, doesnít seem to keep you from partaking in the forum, well at least until someone figures out who you are.

Old 11-11-2022, 12:08 PM
astrohog

LOL, doesnít seem to keep you from partaking in the forum, well at least until someone figures out who you are.
And why shouldn't he participate? Shouldn't all voices be heard?

I'll never understand your mentality of superiority over those who have been banned, or trying to get people banned? Your world must be pretty dim to want to exert that kind of control over others and not being mature enough to simply ignore posts you don't like.....

Sad.

Astro
Old 11-11-2022, 12:20 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Look who is talking. You’ve been trying to drive me out of RCU for years! Not any different then having someone banned IMO. DO NOT assume you know anything about my life, I’m not the one acting like a miserable ******* and blaming everyone for my unhappiness such as you do. All anyone needs to do to see what a sad pathetic loser you are is to compare my post log to yours and see that every post you make is full of negativity. I’m done with you, I will never acknowledge you again, you have zero worth.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:56 PM
franklin_m

Default Poor

In his zeal to go after me like a jilted teenager, he managed to get some innocent person banned.

That ainít me
Old 11-11-2022, 01:42 PM
astrohog

Look who is talking. Youíve been trying to drive me out of RCU for years! Not any different then having someone banned IMO. DO NOT assume you know anything about my life, Iím not the one acting like a miserable ******* and blaming everyone for my unhappiness such as you do. All anyone needs to do to see what a sad pathetic loser you are is to compare my post log to yours and see that every post you make is full of negativity. Iím done with you, I will never acknowledge you again, you have zero worth.
Drive you out of RCU? LOL
How do you propose Iíve done that? Can you show any instances?

can you back up ANY of your statements?
Unhappiness? Blame? LOL
Show one instance or retract your lies.
Negativity? Nope, just opposing views to your own, with basis to back them up, as opposed to your feelings-based, emotional and simple-minded bias and spin.

I see you are reverting to the childish name-calling again, do you think Iíll report you? Nah, your silly wurdz donít bother me a bit.

Astro
Old 11-11-2022, 01:43 PM
astrohog

in his zeal to go after me like a jilted teenager, he managed to get some innocent person banned.

That ainít me
lol

Old 11-11-2022, 03:32 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
lol
yeah, he fíd up this one. He got emotionally hijacked and it got the best of him.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:36 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

Look who is talking. Youíve been trying to drive me out of RCU for years! Not any different then having someone banned IMO. DO NOT assume you know anything about my life, Iím not the one acting like a miserable ******* and blaming everyone for my unhappiness such as you do. All anyone needs to do to see what a sad pathetic loser you are is to compare my post log to yours and see that every post you make is full of negativity. Iím done with you, I will never acknowledge you again, you have zero worth.
i guess it really is true that those of a BLUE nature actually do accuse everyone else of doing what they are actually guilty of.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:16 AM
Tailspin

Old 11-12-2022, 10:59 AM
init4fun

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Dude !!!! I had to play this TWICE to get that elevator music outta my head......

Old 11-12-2022, 02:19 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

I thought elevator music was instrumental, no vocals. Now, if you had called Mr. Blue a love song, I would have agreed with you without a second thought
Old 11-12-2022, 02:25 PM
mongo

now that is some funny chit, yall
Old 11-12-2022, 06:58 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
I've been trying to stay out of this thread but this post has me drawn in. Since I work in full sized commercial aviation, I know how the FAA works and what is required for record keeping and documentation on aircraft, simply put,
A LOG BOOK
[...]
How can this be applied to R/Cs? Again, it's very simple:
  • replace ESC, log the date and new serial number
  • replace servo, log the date and new serial number, if there is one
  • do a structural repair, log the date and repair performed
You don't have to give the FAA any information about what you do with or to your aircraft unless they request it. If they have a question, you go to the local office with your log book and let them read it, YOU'RE DONE
Log books for RC planes are pointless, Information in GA aircraft logs is quantifiable. An engine has a service life of X hours then it has to be overhauled. If a failure does occur, it can be identified and remedied. Same every part on an aircraft. That's impossible with hobby electronics unless we start sending servos, receivers, etc., to testing labs when they fail and set up a certification scheme and drive up the cost of RC by 1,000 percent or more. Airframe parts routinely break. It's useless information by itself.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:37 PM
mongo

logs are already required for the r/c turbine guys...
Old 11-13-2022, 06:37 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
Any bets on whether AMA officials EVER check that they're up to date? Or that they're even maintaining them at all?
Old 11-13-2022, 07:11 AM
init4fun

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Any bets on whether AMA officials EVER check that they're up to date? Or that they're even maintaining them at all?
Confucius says;

"A wise man never bets when the odds are SO stacked against his winning"........

The Bookies, however, will take all the action they can get
Old 11-13-2022, 07:19 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
You replace a servo and record it in a log book. Hobby electronics have no quantifiable service life, i.e., the new servo has no defined service life or correlation with the life of the one replaced. Why bother recording it? General aviation parts go through rigorous testing and certification, and there is a huge database from decades of real-life use, definitive information maintenance schedules can be based on. Without that, RC log books are useless. If jets use some type of certified gear that might not be the case, but that includes all hobby electronics, not just RC planes. That's why it's cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.