Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Old 11-22-2022, 07:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts

I want to be clear on a point, and I give this for context not bragging. I don't just build home computers or something I am a Microsoft MCSE+I, A+, Net+, INet+ and Cisco certified and used to teach college classes on networking, security, cabling, network troubleshooting etc at University of Phoenix and Florida State. I manage web servers and hosted systems for a division of a company that I promise you've heard of.

So putting the weight of my experience and all the years I've been a mod here, I can assure you with as much emphasis as I can that Mach5 account wasn't Speed.

What's more, I wasn't saying that to defend him per-se, but to put straight a misconception. I'd do the same for you, Echo, Hydro etc.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:32 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

My experience has shown that entertainers, in many cases, interact with audience members based on how they are treated by the audience. If someone comes across in a demanding or demeaning manner, that entertainer will come across and cold and distant. Conversely, if that entertainer is treated with respect and, for lack of a better way of putting it, like a person instead of a commodity, they will USUALLY treat you the same way.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:37 AM
BarracudaHockey

Speaking of things we have in common, I forgot to mention another tidbit from my background. I used to race full scale hydroplanes on the east coast and know one of the drivers of Miss Budweiser.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:41 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hey now, , , , Them's thar be fightin words !!!!

I've been collecting records for YEARS, , , , watcha got against my records????

Must be one of them newfangled 8 track collectors.......

Darn, you had to go and diffuse the controversy right when I was about to do a deep dive into possible explanations behind crackpot ideas. The "Slippery Slope" experiment looked promising:
Old 11-22-2022, 08:47 AM
Hydro Junkie

Which one? Off the top of my head, there was:
  • Dean Chenoweth (died in crash 1982)
  • Howard Benns
  • Jim Kropfeld
  • Tom D'Eath
  • Mark Evans
  • "Chip" Hanauer
  • Dave Vilwock
Of those, I've either met or know Mark Evans, "Chip" Hanauer and Dave Vilwock. Of the three, Mark is the most outgoing and fun(wife loves him as a person and driver). While I like "Chip", he's more of a person that keeps to himself and, then there's Dave. From what I've seen of Dave, he tends to be an arrogant jerk. The wife and my favorite driver, however, was Oh Boy! Oberto/Miss Madison pilot Steve David. He won the wife over when he delayed going to the dock for a heat to have a picture taken with her in Seattle. To build on his "Fan Favorite" rep, he would literally run across the pits to say "Hello" to her and to make sure she was okay on hot days. She almost cried when he retired
Old 11-22-2022, 10:34 AM
BarracudaHockey

I knew Steve back from the 145 and 2.5L modified days and met Dean when I was a kid. Dave flys IMAC that's how I know him, I tried not to act like a hydro fan boy and he was pretty chill. I also met Bill Muncy before he passed in that blow over, I have an autographed postcard of the AVL back when they were running the Rolls Royce 12 cyl regularly.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:10 AM
Hydro Junkie

Which Atlas? All of the white hulls(U-70 and 71), the former Pay'N Pak and both blue boats ran Merlins. The only Atlas that didn't was the 1975 hull that was replaced by the Pak. That hull ran a twin turbo Allison and was a total dog when compared to the former Atlas boats and what replaced it later
Old 11-22-2022, 11:15 AM
BarracudaHockey

I'll see if i can find and scan the post card, memory is failing me at this moment, the boat racing feels like a lifetime ago when I was a fireman and thought I was invincible LOL
Old 11-22-2022, 12:04 PM
Hydro Junkie

I built my first R/C boat 40 years ago, a Dumas sport 20 Pak kit. Was basically a garbage build that wouldn't even get up on plane. It's amazing how much my building skills have progressed and how having the appropriate tools helps. The first boat was built with a wood sanding block, a set of X-Acto knives and a small hand crank drill and cheap bits
Old 11-22-2022, 03:29 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I want to be clear on a point, and I give this for context not bragging. I don't just build home computers or something I am a Microsoft MCSE+I, A+, Net+, INet+ and Cisco certified and used to teach college classes on networking, security, cabling, network troubleshooting etc at University of Phoenix and Florida State. I manage web servers and hosted systems for a division of a company that I promise you've heard of.

So putting the weight of my experience and all the years I've been a mod here, I can assure you with as much emphasis as I can that Mach5 account wasn't Speed.

What's more, I wasn't saying that to defend him per-se, but to put straight a misconception. I'd do the same for you, Echo, Hydro etc.
Great, then set the record straight on Lokai (franklin_m). It's not fair to sit on the sidelines with Franklin either if it's not him.
Old 11-22-2022, 03:32 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Great, then set the record straight on Lokai (franklin_m). It's not fair to sit on the sidelines with Franklin either if it's not him.
You're so embroiled in your cross-forum posting that you are confused. Andy is not (as far as I am aware) a moderator on the other forum. Guess your outta luck.
Old 11-22-2022, 03:37 PM
astrohog

Speaking of, "The other forum", here is the post that speedy flagged to "moderation" that got me banned. LOL His/their true colors are really showing! Why would anybody want to participate in a forum where everybody just circle-jerks themselves into a froth? LOL

Old 11-22-2022, 03:54 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
Speaking of, "The other forum", here is the post that speedy flagged to "moderation" that got me banned. LOL His/their true colors are really showing! Why would anybody want to participate in a forum where everybody just circle-jerks themselves into a froth? LOL

I've heard of thin skin, but complaining to moderators over that is childish. But it also shows RCG's true colors. To ban over that? They're protecting his delicate psyche.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:23 PM
Hydro Junkie

It's one of the reasons I haven't gone over there and got an account. I figure I get plenty of "conversation time" between this one and the other site I do participate on. I am curious though. Just what was the justification to ban someone over that kind of post? It would be like getting a traffic ticket for doing 59MPH in a 60MPH zone
Old 11-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Hydro Junkie

Astro, you will like this one. Speed is acting like he's the victim over a RCG. Here's his latest post:
  • For some reason Astro is now blaming me for him getting “ banned “ . I suppose it didn’t occur to him that he got on the Mods radar a few days ago. I’m wondering if he actually thinks he’s been banned instead of suspended or just his typical spin on the truth.
  • Here's a link to the screen shot he posted with it
    https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...642931D062.png
Old 11-22-2022, 04:37 PM
ECHO24

"Embroiled" Says the attention hound who's last 20 posts (at least) here and on RCGroups are trolls or gossip.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:48 PM
Hydro Junkie

Echo, are you talking me or Speed?
Old 11-22-2022, 04:59 PM
init4fun

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
You're so embroiled in your cross-forum posting that you are confused. Andy is not (as far as I am aware) a moderator on the other forum. Guess your outta luck.
"Embroiled" Says the attention hound who's last 20 posts (at least) here and on RCGroups are trolls or gossip.
Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Echo, are you talking me or Speed?
Hi Hydro, Given that Astro used the word "embroiled" in the post I've quoted, and Echo appears to be mocking the use of that word, I'd say he's addressing Astro and not you or speed.....

Old 11-22-2022, 05:31 PM
astrohog

For speed and echo (and coupez LOL) to try and play charades and to not admit they are all acting togehter and using their curried favor with moderation to trying to get yet another member banned and silenced is the absolute most disgusting display of adults acting like children I have ever seen. It just speaks wonders about the type of humans they are. I've said it before and I will say it again, these small, narcissistic internet trolls' true colors always reveal themselves over time, despite what the wurdz they type say. SAD.

Astro
Old 11-22-2022, 05:32 PM
Hydro Junkie

Just wanted to be sure since, as we all know, it's very easy to have serious miscommunications in an online forum
Old 11-22-2022, 05:35 PM
astrohog

Astro, you will like this one. Speed is acting like he's the victim over a RCG. Here's his latest post:
  • For some reason Astro is now blaming me for him getting banned . I suppose it didnt occur to him that he got on the Mods radar a few days ago. Im wondering if he actually thinks hes been banned instead of suspended or just his typical spin on the truth.
Speedy always fancies himself a wurdsmith, but he is rarely right.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:39 PM
astrohog

• For some reason Astro is now blaming me for him getting banned . I suppose it didnt occur to him that he got on the Mods radar a few days ago. Im wondering if he actually thinks hes been banned instead of suspended or just his typical spin on the truth.
The fact he is using screen shots and proud of his actions is just further proof of the narcissism he so vehemently denies and desperately tries to have moderated. The mods over there have been trolled by the trolls and continue to ban those who simply want to discuss the issues and will call BS when they see it. It is sad, but that is what this world is coming to; "adults", playing with toy airplanes on toy airplane forums that must curry favor with moderation in order that their opinion reign supreme and their teeny, tiny, tender egos remain intact! LOL

Astro
Old 11-22-2022, 08:47 PM
ECHO24

Last week: Acting on a tip, Astro hides in a vent and overhears Echo, Speed and Coupez conspiring to curry favor with the moderators. In this week's episode: Consumed with rage, Astro ties Echo to the (proverbial) railroad tracks and confronts Speed face-to-face (online). Cue theme song, Like Sands Through The Hourglass ...

Someone slipped Astro a roofie

Old 11-22-2022, 09:01 PM
astrohog

Last week: Acting on a tip, Astro hides in a vent and overhears Echo, Speed and Coupez conspiring to curry favor with the moderators. In this week's episode: Consumed with rage, Astro ties Echo to the (proverbial) railroad tracks and confronts Speed face-to-face (online). Cue theme song, Like Sands Through The Hourglass ...

Someone slipped Astro a roofie
No rage on my part, just disdain and sadness for those who cannot conduct a proper discussion without henchmen, moderation and insults. speedy is the only one here that has personally stalked and physically threatened anyone. Nice try though.

Astro
Old 11-23-2022, 04:02 AM
BarracudaHockey

Can't help ya on RC Groups, I'm just another member over there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.