Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Old 01-08-2023, 11:51 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
A man is known by the company he keeps.
No, he's known for what he says and does. Who he keeps company with is just an extension to that since the company he keeps is usually people that think the same way or have the same beliefs he does
Until I came to this backwater with it's half dozen active posters I was on RCGroups,
And the only reason you came here is because you got tired of being ignored at RCG and got yourself intentionally banned, something you've already admitted to here in these forums

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-09-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:09 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by mongo
i am glad, that i am not the only one wondering about the ET connection.
Howdy Mongo....!
How 's the "President For Life" of the BOTTOM FEEDER BROTHERHOOD doing...?
I had forgotten all about that "fiasco" until I saw your signature......
Who was it ......Greg Hahn[?] who coined that term to describe us guys who predicted that the Park Pilot Program would end up becoming a "GET POOR QUICK" waste of resources for the AMA..?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:13 AM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
No, he's known for what he says and does. Who he keeps company with is just an extension to that since the company he keeps is usually people that think the same way or have the same beliefs he does

And the only reason you came here is because you got tired of being ignored at RCG and got yourself intentionally banned, something you've already admitted to here in these forums
Hey Man...better start being nice to him cuz he's "THE FUTURE OF RC"....

Old 01-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Hey Man...better start being nice to him cuz he's "THE FUTURE OF RC"....

Nope. The future of RC is the 25 year olds and younger that don't realize there's more to it than buying an ARF and spare batteries
Old 01-09-2023, 01:41 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Nope. The future of RC is the 25 year olds and younger that don't realize there's more to it than buying an ARF and spare batteries
YEP..for the most part I'm afraid this is true.
There will always be a small percentage of "creative types" who enjoy the educational experience that comes with getting involved with design and construction.
What is ironic is that the resources to delve deep into this hobby [ resources like RCU aerodynamics forums and "build threads"] has never been so accessible to everyone.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:43 PM
aymodeler

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

YEP..for the most part I'm afraid this is true.
There will always be a small percentage of "creative types" who enjoy the educational experience that comes with getting involved with design and construction.
What is ironic is that the resources to delve deep into this hobby [ resources like RCU aerodynamics forums and "build threads"] has never been so accessible to everyone.
I know that the common perception of younger folks today is that they have little interest in the real world and are happy to live on their phones and play X-Box all day. Some of that is true, but, as you said, there are always going to be creative types and there is a very, very strong culture of young "makers" out there building all sorts stuff with tools and techniques us old timers could only have dreamt about when we were the young upstarts. I am not plugged into the maker "communities", but I do know enough to know none of them would ever consider using an antique forum based site like this to share ideas.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:15 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Howdy Mongo....!
How 's the "President For Life" of the BOTTOM FEEDER BROTHERHOOD doing...?
I had forgotten all about that "fiasco" until I saw your signature......
Who was it ......Greg Hahn[?] who coined that term to describe us guys who predicted that the Park Pilot Program would end up becoming a "GET POOR QUICK" waste of resources for the AMA..?
yup,
greg, it was.
and we wear the name proudly.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:43 PM
combatpigg

yup,
greg, it was.
and we wear the name proudly.
LOL..
I just noticed you're only Bottom Feeder Brother #13...and all this time I thought you were BFBH #1 ...!
I think my membership to the Brotherhood was turned down because some of the tiny planes I fly look wimpy enough to be considered "Park Flyers".....
Old 01-09-2023, 06:08 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float, that and the droners they duped into joining. As it is, AMA is so desperate for income they're selling car insurance.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:34 PM
ECHO24

Electrics changed the hobby. AMA tried to keep up but they will never get away from fixed fields. I didn't say what the future of RC was, I said what it wasn't. At AMA club fields, along with garbage bags to clean up wreckage there will soon be a walkers so members won't have to bring them from their cars.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:58 PM
combatpigg

If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float, that and the droners they duped into joining. As it is, AMA is so desperate for income they're selling car insurance.
Can you show us ALL THE MONEY that the AMA has spent on the PPP program over the years VS how much the PPP has EVER taken in...?

BTW....
When are you going to submit proof that what you claim below is true...?

Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
"Whatever Franklin posted the chatterbox didn't "recall" it, Franklin sent him a PM."

Last edited by combatpigg; 01-09-2023 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:59 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

LOL..
I just noticed you're only Bottom Feeder Brother #13...and all this time I thought you were BFBH #1 ...!
I think my membership to the Brotherhood was turned down because some of the tiny planes I fly look wimpy enough to be considered "Park Flyers".....

there were 27 folk referenced in greg's post.
i only know who about 5 of them were, but aircraft size was not one of the membership criteria.
i requested member number 13, so it would at least align partly with my AMA number, my NMPRA number, and other side memberships i had back then.

somewhere, i have a jpg of a membership patch one of the guys came up with.

Last edited by mongo; 01-09-2023 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:13 PM
ECHO24

Flight Test is upbeat with over 2 million upbeat subscribers. Sour old men is what's killing AMA.

The only time you see an AMA member give a thumbs up is when their colonoscope comes back negative.

Last edited by ECHO24; 01-09-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:14 PM
combatpigg

there were 27 folk referenced in greg's post.
i only know who about 5 of them were, but aircraft size was not one of the membership criteria.
i requested member number 13, so it would at least align partly with my AMA number, my NPRA number, and other side memberships i had back then.

somewhere, i have a jpg of a membership patch one of the guys came up with.
Back in those days..who was posting the financial facts and the PPP membership figures ...?

In the beginning we were all told to be patient and give the PPP enough time to prove itself.
OK..I would say enough time has passed to look at ALL the financial data and pass judgement..
Has the AMA ever published the TOTAL AFTERMATH ALL THE WAY FROM DAY ONE TO NOW...?
You see if they were truly proud of the WHOLE TRUTH ...then these facts should be common knowledge by now.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:15 PM
combatpigg

Flight Test is upbeat with over 2 million upbeat subscribers. Sour old men is what's killing AMA.
If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float, that and the droners they duped into joining. As it is, AMA is so desperate for income they're selling car insurance.[/QUOTE]

Can you show us ALL THE MONEY that the AMA has spent on the PPP program over the years VS how much the PPP has EVER taken in...?

BTW....

Originally Posted by ECHO24View Post
"Whatever Franklin posted the chatterbox didn't "recall" it, Franklin sent him a PM."
Old 01-09-2023, 09:28 PM
ECHO24

Like I said, the only time you see an AMA member give a thumbs up is when their colonoscope comes back negative.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:39 PM
combatpigg

If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float.

BTW....

Old 01-09-2023, 09:41 PM
ECHO24

anymodeler's ideal flying hobby would be your grandma in charge of RC. As a special treat she'd let you fly around for 5 minutes without announcing your intentions.

mongo would just sulk in his trench coat the whole time.

Last edited by ECHO24; 01-09-2023 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:43 PM
combatpigg

If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float.

Can ECHO show us ALL THE MONEY that the AMA has spent on the PPP program over the years VS how much the PPP has EVER taken in...?

BTW....
When is ECHO going to submit proof that what ECHO claims below is true...?

Old 01-09-2023, 09:46 PM
combatpigg

anymodeler's ideal flying hobby would be your grandma in charge of RC. As a special treat she'd let you fly around for 5 minutes without announcing your intentions.
mongo would just sulk in his trench coat the whole time.
If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float.[/QUOTE]

Can ECHO show us ALL THE MONEY that the AMA has spent on the PPP program over the years VS how much the PPP has EVER taken in...?

BTW....

Old 01-09-2023, 09:55 PM
ECHO24

That's what happens to sour old men AMA members who don't fly anymore. They live out their lives as sour old men on AMA forums.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:01 PM
combatpigg

That's what happens to sour old men AMA members who don't fly anymore. They live out their lives as sour old men on AMA forums.
If AMA goes broke it won't be over the park flyer program. It's probably the only thing keeping AMA float.[/QUOTE]

BTW....

Old 01-09-2023, 10:31 PM
ECHO24

How about Gomer provide proof that I'm this tiger account. Same with mongo, except he knows otherwise and is deliberately lying. I don't recall exactly when I was kicked off RCGroups, but it was a while in between there and RCUniverse. RCGroups has to be magnitudes bigger than RCU. I had no reason to look and didn't know RCU had an AMA forum or anything else.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:42 PM
ECHO24

Not to dis RCUniverse but when I looked for info about the only searches that would direct here were giant scale, old school stuff.

Last edited by ECHO24; 01-09-2023 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:31 AM
combatpigg

How about Gomer provide proof that I'm this tiger account. Same with mongo, except he knows otherwise and is deliberately lying. I don't recall exactly when I was kicked off RCGroups, but it was a while in between there and RCUniverse. RCGroups has to be magnitudes bigger than RCU. I had no reason to look and didn't know RCU had an AMA forum or anything else.
Oh look..here is ECHO with another false statement that he can't back up..
Go ahead and show where either I OR ANYONE ELSE said you are in fact ....Easy Tiger.
When are you going to finally get tired of lying and become a man...?

Last edited by combatpigg; 01-10-2023 at 01:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.