Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Mar Rationalization of Breaking Rules

Old 01-03-2023, 12:19 PM
  #101  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Indeed, Hydro's post was a provocation and here you are.

Those about Jabba the troll? Get real. The guy is a gas powered troll leaf blower. 10 threads blanked out with his handle. Those of mine are in response to dozen's of troll posts. Same with Hydro and his incessant off-topic trolling about boats and scores of thought farts I don't know what you'd call besides autism.

It will work itself out. Come next New Year the chatter monkey boat guy will still not be flying RC planes and Jabba the troll will fizzle out. Ray Liotta was also a democrat, another go-to in his troll kit. Not an A+ for a guy who wears his conservative politics on his sleeve.
Yes, here I am, and I came into the thread to point out to you that much of the provocation here has come from you. If you don't agree with someone's position, why not prove why your view is better VS calling the other side mocking names? I mean come on guy, do ya really think calling someone a "Half wit posse member" is gonna make anyone want to examine your viewpoint, no matter how right it may be? Shouldn't these conversations be about presenting our own viewpoints in the best possible light? If I can present my side, as I've done here, without attacking you personally and simply identifying the behavior that I believe has caused your fellow posters to go on the defensive, why not try that and see if the discourse improves?
Old 01-03-2023, 12:43 PM
  #102  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yes, here I am, and I came into the thread to point out to you that much of the provocation here has come from you. If you don't agree with someone's position, why not prove why your view is better VS calling the other side mocking names? I mean come on guy, do ya really think calling someone a "Half wit posse member" is gonna make anyone want to examine your viewpoint, no matter how right it may be? Shouldn't these conversations be about presenting our own viewpoints in the best possible light? If I can present my side, as I've done here, without attacking you personally and simply identifying the behavior that I believe has caused your fellow posters to go on the defensive, why not try that and see if the discourse improves?
There is no viewpoint to point out, no discussing anything logically with/about Hydro. He repeatedly and continuously posts about boats and his RC plane takes that he knows nothing about because he doesn't fly RC planes. Might as well have kid's post their color crayon art.

"Shouldn't these conversations be about presenting our own viewpoints". That guy from Canada did just that, about drones being a bigger problem in RC than model plane flyers, and got rolled right over with posts about model trains.
Old 01-03-2023, 12:44 PM
  #103  
combatpigg
Senior Member
My Feedback: (3)
 
combatpigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arlington, WA
Posts: 20,388
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Jabba the troll will fizzle out. Ray Liotta was also a democrat, another go-to in his troll kit. Not an A+ for a guy who wears his conservative politics on his sleeve.
"Laugh and the world laughs with you.....cry and you cry alone"





Old 01-03-2023, 12:55 PM
  #104  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

If init4fun wants to complain about something, complain about speedracer doxing Asrto. This should never ever cross over into the real world. As for insults, Astro set the bar with his post about speed having sex with the moderator at RCGroups and giving hand jobs. init4fun was nowhere to be found.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM
  #105  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
If init4fun wants to complain about something, complain about speedracer doxing Asrto. This should never ever cross over into the real world. As for insults, Astro set the bar with his post about speed having sex with the moderator at RCGroups and giving hand jobs. init4fun was nowhere to be found.
Your right, I wasn't involved in those conversations/actions because I had nothing to say that would help the situation. Here I had hoped that if you tone down the personal attacks, especially on Hydro, maybe we could talk, for example, about how FPV BLOS multirotors are more dangerous than LOS fixed wing, there's something I'll heartily agree with you on. As to Hydro, yes I do see him as a fellow hobbyist and I do know he's interested in RC airplanes, beyond that it's not up me, you, or anyone else besides Hydro himself to determine how deep his interest runs and whether he should post here or not.

Oh, and, to address the MAAC thread; The conversation in the MAAC thread drifted to model trains because it appeared that an answer to my question which bumped the thread wasn't to be forthcoming. I asked where on the MAAC site the notification of the standdown could be found, only to be told that it seems to be some kind of secret that was passed along VIA an Email chain VS being openly published as a NOTAM on MAAC's site as any reasonable person would have expected such an important announcement to have been. I personally do agree that if there was a paperwork SNAFU that could have put full scale flights in jeopardy of collision/interference a standdown was the prudent course of action, but I can't think of a single reason for it not to have been published on MAAC's website
Old 01-03-2023, 01:49 PM
  #106  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by combatpigg
I need help. Posting this lame photo over an over shows what a tool I am.

"I fixed it for ya".

That more like your idea of a "conversation" init4fun? Not mine.




Last edited by ECHO24; 01-03-2023 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:55 PM
  #107  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
Your right, I wasn't involved in those conversations/actions because I had nothing to say that would help the situation. Here I had hoped that if you tone down the personal attacks, especially on Hydro, maybe we could talk, for example, about how FPV BLOS multirotors are more dangerous than LOS fixed wing, there's something I'll heartily agree with you on. As to Hydro, yes I do see him as a fellow hobbyist and I do know he's interested in RC airplanes, beyond that it's not up me, you, or anyone else besides Hydro himself to determine how deep his interest runs and whether he should post here or not.

Oh, and, to address the MAAC thread; The conversation in the MAAC thread drifted to model trains because it appeared that an answer to my question which bumped the thread wasn't to be forthcoming. I asked where on the MAAC site the notification of the standdown could be found, only to be told that it seems to be some kind of secret that was passed along VIA an Email chain VS being openly published as a NOTAM on MAAC's site as any reasonable person would have expected such an important announcement to have been. I personally do agree that if there was a paperwork SNAFU that could have put full scale flights in jeopardy of collision/interference a standdown was the prudent course of action, but I can't think of a single reason for it not to have been published on MAAC's website
"Here I had hoped that if you tone down the personal attacks, especially on Hydro, maybe we could talk"

There's no talking about anything in a thread constantly interrupted by someone posting gibberish and another one posting childish memes.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:00 PM
  #108  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

(Answering post #106)

Nope, but then that's gonna go back to the whole "who started it" thing , and I know that if I were to bother digging back to who lobbed the first bombs here, it wouldn't have been CP, now would it?

The first rule of holes, , when your up to your neck in one, quit digging. If you were to stop tossing bombs, and were to stop reacting to bombs being tossed back at ya because of them, don't ya think the back & fourth would stop?
Old 01-03-2023, 02:51 PM
  #109  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
If init4fun wants to complain about something, complain about speedracer doxing Asrto. This should never ever cross over into the real world. As for insults, Astro set the bar with his post about speed having sex with the moderator at RCGroups and giving hand jobs. init4fun was nowhere to be found.
You haven't been here long enough to assess that I set the bar with my comments. Speed and I have a long history here and he's crossed the line with me so many times, I do not owe, or give him the courtesy I try and give others. Same goes for our resident Canadian troll, propworm. The way you have presented yourself here from the beginning does not really deserve to garner the usual respect either, quite frankly.

Astro
Old 01-03-2023, 02:56 PM
  #110  
Hydro Junkie
 
Hydro Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 10,535
Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default

I left this thread alone for 49 HOURS and there wasn't a single post in it, AFTER YOUR 9:47PM POST ON 12/31/22, ECHO!!!!!!
All I did was comment on that fact and, low and behold, OUT COMES ECHO AND HIS ATTACK POSTS!!!!!! Sounds to me like you have no life, other than trying to show your ethical superiority here in the forums
Old 01-03-2023, 03:37 PM
  #111  
combatpigg
Senior Member
My Feedback: (3)
 
combatpigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arlington, WA
Posts: 20,388
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
"Here I had hoped that if you tone down the personal attacks, especially on Hydro, maybe we could talk"

There's no talking about anything in a thread constantly interrupted by someone posting gibberish and another one posting childish memes.
You get every bit of respect that you have earned here.
Now when you say things that are so ridiculous that they are actually funny...what do you expect...?


Old 01-03-2023, 04:17 PM
  #112  
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,484
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun

Oh, and, to address the MAAC thread; The conversation in the MAAC thread drifted to model trains because it appeared that an answer to my question which bumped the thread wasn't to be forthcoming. I asked where on the MAAC site the notification of the standdown could be found, only to be told that it seems to be some kind of secret that was passed along VIA an Email chain VS being openly published as a NOTAM on MAAC's site as any reasonable person would have expected such an important announcement to have been. I personally do agree that if there was a paperwork SNAFU that could have put full scale flights in jeopardy of collision/interference a standdown was the prudent course of action, but I can't think of a single reason for it not to have been published on MAAC's website
Because no one knew how many clubs were involved and how it all came to be. Short term it was prudent to have all clubs shut down until it could be sorted out. It was nobody's business but the membership, and we have been kept in the loop via email and a snail mail from the president to every member. We were also asked to keep it in strict confidence to keep the speculation to the minimum as public sources often get things way out of proportion. Sorting it out with Transport Canada privately without interference and speculation like what happens here is counterproductive to get things solved. You pay dues and are a member in good standing you have a right to know. Not a member you fly under different rules so you have no right to know or have input.

Last edited by Propworn; 01-03-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:18 PM
  #113  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
You haven't been here long enough to assess that I set the bar with my comments. Speed and I have a long history here and he's crossed the line with me so many times, I do not owe, or give him the courtesy I try and give others. Same goes for our resident Canadian troll, propworm. The way you have presented yourself here from the beginning does not really deserve to garner the usual respect either, quite frankly.

Astro
Tagging someone with a graphic depiction of gay sex and hand jobs sets the bar scrappy dude. The majority of the handful of people here are (for the moment) are allies who ignore the offenses of their fellow team mates, a mini-RCGroups forum right now with the piling on.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:20 PM
  #114  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Propworn
Because no one knew how many clubs were involved and how it all came to be. Short term it was prudent to have all clubs shut down until it could be sorted out. It was nobody's business but the membership, and we have been kept in the loop via email and a snail mail from the president to every member. We were also asked to keep it in strict confidence to keep the speculation to the minimum as public sources often get things way out of proportion. Sorting it out with Transport Canada privately without interference and speculation like what happens here is counterproductive to get things solved.
Thank You Dennis for that answer, I appreciate it .
Old 01-03-2023, 04:21 PM
  #115  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
(Answering post #106)

Nope, but then that's gonna go back to the whole "who started it" thing , and I know that if I were to bother digging back to who lobbed the first bombs here, it wouldn't have been CP, now would it?

The first rule of holes, , when your up to your neck in one, quit digging. If you were to stop tossing bombs, and were to stop reacting to bombs being tossed back at ya because of them, don't ya think the back & fourth would stop?
Pot meet Kettle.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:27 PM
  #116  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Fact: Franklin is the military version of Chicken Little xjet/Bruce Simpson except that xjet puts out some entertaining videos in between his bursts of fear mongering and misinformation. xjet also has 186,000 subscribers. Field Marshal Franklin has only 2.
Originally Posted by ECHO24
Pot meet Kettle.
Not hardly dude...... Gee Echo, isn't that you I quoted here???? Post #10 to this thread, your FIRST post to this thread, and you think crap posting like this is gonna earn you any respect or cred around here?????

Knock off the butthurt act pal, YOU trashed your rep here and only you, by not posting garbage like this, can change things.


PS, Mr. pot calling the kettle, other than pointing out your bad behavior, after you complaining about other's trolling, care to show me where I've personally attacked you?

Last edited by init4fun; 01-03-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:00 PM
  #117  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
Your right, I wasn't involved in those conversations/actions because I had nothing to say that would help the situation. Here I had hoped that if you tone down the personal attacks, especially on Hydro, maybe we could talk, for example, about how FPV BLOS multirotors are more dangerous than LOS fixed wing, there's something I'll heartily agree with you on. As to Hydro, yes I do see him as a fellow hobbyist and I do know he's interested in RC airplanes, beyond that

Oh, and, to address the MAAC thread; The conversation in the MAAC thread drifted to model trains because it appeared that an answer to my question which bumped the thread wasn't to be forthcoming. I asked where on the MAAC site the notification of the standdown could be found, only to be told that it seems to be some kind of secret that was passed along VIA an Email chain VS being openly published as a NOTAM on MAAC's site as any reasonable person would have expected such an important announcement to have been. I personally do agree that if there was a paperwork SNAFU that could have put full scale flights in jeopardy of collision/interference a standdown was the prudent course of action, but I can't think of a single reason for it not to have been published
1) "... I had nothing to say that would help..."
2) "Here I had hoped that if you..."
3) "... there's something I'll heartily agree with you on (drones)."
4) "... the MAAC thread drifted to model trains (etc., etc.)"
5) "... the MAAC site the notification of the standdown could be found (discussed in detail on RCG)"
6) "... as a NOTAM on MAAC's site as any reasonable person ..."
7) "... if there was a paperwork SNAFU that could have put full scale flights in jeopardy ..."
8) "... I can't think of a single reason for it not to have been published on MAAC's website."

You comment is a good example why a forum is just various people trying to impose their will or push a narrative. It's never a "conversation". In a back and forth a person can only answer 1 or 2 points. You have 8. It's an essay and impossible to answer without a longer essay. Plus this kicker:

"... it's not up me, you, or anyone else besides Hydro himself to determine how deep his interest runs and whether he should post here or not."

I never said Hydro wasn't interested in RC flying. He is obsessed with it. He just doesn't participate in it and has nothing useful to add other than off-topic posts about boats and inane comments about things he knows nothing about. What I said was Hydro shouldn't be on ANY forum because he can't read well enough. He also can't write well enough. It's gibberish. Hydro is under no obligation to take my advice. He can post all the gibberish he wants.



Last edited by ECHO24; 01-03-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:13 PM
  #118  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

What I meant by pot meet kettle is that init4fun is just keeping the flames burning by complaining about it. The only way to stay on topic is to stay on the topic:

"Most Drones in Controlled Airspace Lack FAA Approval and a Third Fly Too High" Embry-Riddle.
https://news.erau.edu/headlines/most...archers-report

Franklin is well aware of this study.



Last edited by ECHO24; 01-03-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:13 PM
  #119  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,363
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Look, Echo, my initial response to this thread was in response to your posting of this ;

"A post like this one that is nothing but gossip is trolling (provocation). Repeatedly posting about boats or any other subject other than model planes is off-topic trolling."

You, calling out another's "Provocation" , while engaging in the very same behavior yourself.

I am now done with this conversation, if you can't see that "you reap what you sow" by this example (as in, your post #10), I have no further way to explain why your being treated in the way you are here. I do wish you well in your future discussions here, for real, , , but I don't think going and calling folks "Field Marshal" and other such is gonna garner you the welcome your lookin for........
Old 01-03-2023, 05:21 PM
  #120  
Hydro Junkie
 
Hydro Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 10,535
Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
it's not up me, you, or anyone else besides Hydro himself to determine how deep his interest runs and whether he should post here or not."

I never said Hydro wasn't interest in RC flying. He is obsessed with it. He just doesn't participate in it and has nothing useful to add other than off-topic posts about boats and inane comments about things he knows nothing about. What I said was Hydro shouldn't be on ANY forum because he can't read well enough. He also can't write well enough. It's gibberish. Hydro is under no obligation to take my advice. He can post all the gibberish he wants.
REALLY? NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME ILLITERATE??????????????? WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!!!!
I read at 4th year college level and write at the same, last time I was tested anyway. That was in summer of 2012. If anything, my reading level has gone up since I deal with aircraft specification manuals that are written by PHDs. These manuals are about the aircraft in commercial aviation so you can think about that the next time you get on an commercial jet. Then again, I've also been trained on airborne communication, navigation and radar gear maintenance, troubleshooting and repair by the Navy. To read the maintenance manuals and the schematic diagrams of these systems requires more than what an illiterate person, or for the that matter you, could understand

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-03-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:41 PM
  #121  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

The Uber Trollster post about God providing brings up a great quote. This is the real reason init4fun gets up on his high horse.

“The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone.
To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height
of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats.”
Old 01-03-2023, 06:22 PM
  #122  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Tagging someone with a graphic depiction of gay sex and hand jobs sets the bar scrappy dude. The majority of the handful of people here are (for the moment) are allies who ignore the offenses of their fellow team mates, a mini-RCGroups forum right now with the piling on.
Way to mischaracterize what I actual;ly said! Very telling....

Astro
Old 01-03-2023, 08:13 PM
  #123  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
Way to mischaracterize what I actual;ly said! Very telling....

Astro
"Settle down there Jeff. You’ll hurt yourself. Oh BTW, it wasn’t that post you claimed that got you banned from RCG, it was the post you made over here that I was doing sexual favors for the moderation over there. A very low taste comment I might add. Anyways, Jason and Jim didn’t find it funny and you were booted."

Here's Hydro and his new best buddy arranging a meet up:

"As far as your question to me, I'll send you a PM to answer that tomorrow"
Old 01-03-2023, 09:15 PM
  #124  
combatpigg
Senior Member
My Feedback: (3)
 
combatpigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arlington, WA
Posts: 20,388
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Here's Hydro and his new best buddy arranging a meet up:

"As far as your question to me, I'll send you a PM to answer that tomorrow"
Is it true that the RC Club you used to belong to moved without giving you their forwarding address...??


Old 01-03-2023, 09:16 PM
  #125  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
REALLY? NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME ILLITERATE??????????????? WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!!!!
Just proves the point. I've been calling you illiterate for a while, not just "now". It's not the words you are oblivious of, it's perception. Following a thought isn't the same as reading a technical manual. Like not learning your lesson the first time about conspiring with someone behind everyone's back with PMs.

Your new best friend just revived a year-old thread on 'Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD', with some inane comment, putting it just above mine that was at the top of the list. That forum is just about dead and I'm not posting anything else there for that reason. Think I should take the bait?




Last edited by ECHO24; 01-03-2023 at 09:19 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.