Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Well spent members' money...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Well spent members' money...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 03:25 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well spent members' money...

It should be comforting that members' money is paying AMA staff for quality work like this:

Modelaircraft dot org -> About AMA -> AMA Gov Blog

Last edited by franklin_m; 04-05-2023 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:38 AM
franklin_m

This is hardly a complex website. There's software that will even check for broken links.

And where is the ED in all this? He's clearly not checking work. And he clearly hasn't implemented processes to ensure work is checked by SOMEONE before it goes live. We keep hearing that "...they're so busy..." Well, maybe they should focus on basics? Holding people accountable for doing their jobs correctly?

A quote comes to mind: "Never confuse activity with action" - Ernest Hemingway
Old 04-05-2023, 03:40 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Shows up for me,,, maybe find a Hobby Franklin,,, your insistent AMA hating is getting old

Old 04-05-2023, 04:01 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Shows up for me,,, maybe find a Hobby Franklin,,, your insistent AMA hating is getting old
(photo omitted)
Not sure what blog that is, or how you got to it, but it doesn't look like the government blog. And the government blog is still not working when one follows this method to get there: Main page -> About AMA -> AMA Gov Blog

Whatever link AMA is sending you to via that method DOES NOT WORK. Tried from both personal laptop and work laptop that goes through company VPN elsewhere. Neither works.

Question you should be asking is how does an organization spend $2,700,000 in staff salaries in 2021 and have basic things like this not work? That is of course unless you're ok paying people for poor performance - which is probably on carved into a sacred tablet somewhere at "Taj-Muncie."

Last edited by franklin_m; 04-05-2023 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:10 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

It's the same URL as in your picture,, there are a bunch of links not working, so that is a problem

Still your AMA hating is getting old
Old 04-05-2023, 04:32 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I’m more concerned how our tax money is spent. I pay my AMA dues, I join a couple clubs, I fly not only at those club sites but venture out and fly at other clubs as a guest. I feel that I get my money’s worth. I’ve spent more than $85 on a lunch for the wife and I.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:42 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. The issue it turns out isn't staff incompetence but a problem with a server at the hosting company.

It was addressed and we are awaiting resolution.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:50 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I’m more concerned how our tax money is spent. I pay my AMA dues, I join a couple clubs, I fly not only at those club sites but venture out and fly at other clubs as a guest. I feel that I get my money’s worth. I’ve spent more than $85 on a lunch for the wife and I.
The usual speedy logic. Because he spends $85.00 for lunch, nobody should be concerned with AMA’s lack of competence…

Thanks for the laugh!

Astro
Old 04-05-2023, 04:54 AM
BarracudaHockey

The issue is resolved, they were actually working on it with the hosting company before I ever spoke with them.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:10 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by astrohog
The usual speedy logic. Because he spends $85.00 for lunch, nobody should be concerned with AMA’s lack of competence…

Thanks for the laugh!

Astro
Nope, try again
Old 04-05-2023, 05:30 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

LOL Franky once you pay to belong its no longer your money. As a member it entitles you to one vote and what ever benifits your membership enjoys. Its really simple do your research make sure your satisfied with whats being offered or save your money and not join.

Haven't heard from you for a while must be getting harder to come up with something to complain about. The things you choose to complain about, my my talk about voyage to the bottom of the barrel.

You are begining to sound like an old two stroke dirt bike. Nag nag nag bltch bltch bltch bltch. Just like old technology, nobody is interested in air pollution and the whiney noise.

Last edited by Propworn; 04-05-2023 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2023, 06:26 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Propworn
LOL Franky once you pay to belong its no longer your money. As a member it entitles you to one vote and what ever benifits your membership enjoys. Its really simple do your research make sure your satisfied with whats being offered or save your money and not join.

Haven't heard from you for a while must be getting harder to come up with something to complain about. The things you choose to complain about, my my talk about voyage to the bottom of the barrel.

You are begining to sound like an old two stroke dirt bike. Nag nag nag bltch bltch bltch bltch. Just like old technology, nobody is interested in air pollution and the whiney noise.
I have a different theory. Like the current administration, he is trying to take attention off a different thread. Scroll down to the Muncie altitude thread and you will see a video that should have caught criticism from the commander. But because it was done by someone within his group it did not. He also makes reference to his VPN to continue to re enforce his story that he posted a picture from outside PA. We know it wasn’t. He even went to the RCU complaint section crying about privileged information and was ignored except for a member who explained how the information was obtained. You see, the commander has a habit of underestimating people.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:45 AM
ElectriMan

Originally Posted by franklin_m
It should be comforting that members' money is paying AMA staff for quality work like this:

Modelaircraft dot org -> About AMA -> AMA Gov Blog

Did you notify anyone who could fix it or do you just feel better to post this crap here?
Old 04-05-2023, 09:54 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by ElectriMan
Did you notify anyone who could fix it or do you just feel better to post this crap here?
I'm not paid to be their troubleshooter ... their staff is paid to do that
Old 04-05-2023, 09:56 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. The issue it turns out isn't staff incompetence but a problem with a server at the hosting company.

It was addressed and we are awaiting resolution.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day... but also who made the decision to go with this hosting company? AMA IT staff.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:06 PM
R_Strowe

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day... but also who made the decision to go with this hosting company? AMA IT staff.
Gosh, it's such a shame nobody is as perfect as you. I guess we should all bow down to the all mighty franklin_m, franklin-be-praised!

R_Strowe
Old 04-05-2023, 01:33 PM
ElectriMan

I'm not paid to be their troubleshooter ... their staff is paid to do that
During my service with the USNAVY one of my responsibilities was to maintain the catapults on an aircraft carrier. We did regular inspections and repairs to see that everything was functioning as it was intended. Even with that meticulous attention sometimes things would happen that made the complicated machinery function below expectations. If that happened and someone who wasn’t responsible for the maintenance noticed he would let the correct people know so it could be investigated.

Can you imagine the disappointment of the pilot who didn’t get a clean launch if that person would have *****ed to his shipmates about the malfunction instead of telling those responsible for correcting the problem, Commander?
Old 04-05-2023, 02:28 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
Gosh, it's such a shame nobody is as perfect as you. I guess we should all bow down to the all mighty franklin_m, franklin-be-praised!
I do however, know how to run a staff and hold folks accountable for doing their jobs, accountable for spending, QA/QC, follow through, etc. Unlike the current occupant of the leadership positions.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:39 PM
franklin_m

During my service with the USNAVY one of my responsibilities was to maintain the catapults on an aircraft carrier. We did regular inspections and repairs to see that everything was functioning as it was intended. Even with that meticulous attention sometimes things would happen that made the complicated machinery function below expectations. If that happened and someone who wasn’t responsible for the maintenance noticed he would let the correct people know so it could be investigated.

Can you imagine the disappointment of the pilot who didn’t get a clean launch if that person would have *****ed to his shipmates about the malfunction instead of telling those responsible for correcting the problem, Commander?
I won't dignify this by saying it's apples to oranges ... at least they're both fruit. Above is more like apples to transmissions.

Military service is first and foremost service to something much greater than ones self, service to an ideal, all that stuff. It's also a team sport if there ever was one. EVERYONE looking out for each other. And it was a culture where nothing but excellence is expected, in things big and small. And additionally, everyone held themselves accountable first, and set the highest standards - because what they did mattered.

AMA is not that, not even worth mentioning in the same breath. Also, AMA staff is MUCH better paid than the typical Sailor. And AMA staff works in MUCH better conditions. And AMA staff work FAR FEWER hours. And AMA staff do much MUCH LESS DEMANDING and MUCH LESS CONSEQUENTIAL work. And yet despite that better overall situation, lower demands, and better pay, they still can't do simple things right.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:43 PM
combatpigg

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
..........make sure your satisfied with whats being offered or save your money and not join..
You really WOULD have fit right in as a most happy and content citizen of the USSR.
I don't mean that in a hateful way because there are millions of others just like you...who QUESTION NOTHING and ACCEPT EVERYTHING they put on your plate.

Old 04-06-2023, 02:06 AM
BarracudaHockey

So by your definition, if you buy a car and it breaks down its your fault you bought a Ford?

Or do you just take it and get it fixed when you have an issue
Old 04-06-2023, 04:44 AM
aymodeler

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we have hit a new low with this thread ...

Stuff goes bump every now and then. It got fixed. Get over it.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:01 AM
ElectriMan

I won't dignify this by saying it's apples to oranges ... at least they're both fruit. Above is more like apples to transmissions.

Military service is first and foremost service to something much greater than ones self, service to an ideal, all that stuff. It's also a team sport if there ever was one. EVERYONE looking out for each other. And it was a culture where nothing but excellence is expected, in things big and small. And additionally, everyone held themselves accountable first, and set the highest standards - because what they did mattered.

AMA is not that, not even worth mentioning in the same breath. Also, AMA staff is MUCH better paid than the typical Sailor. And AMA staff works in MUCH better conditions. And AMA staff work FAR FEWER hours. And AMA staff do much MUCH LESS DEMANDING and MUCH LESS CONSEQUENTIAL work. And yet despite that better overall situation, lower demands, and better pay, they still can't do simple things right.
I know it is not a good analogy but it is as valid as your complaint to say it is the fault of AMA that the server malfunctioned and caused great distress for you.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:29 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
So by your definition, if you buy a car and it breaks down its your fault you bought a Ford?

Or do you just take it and get it fixed when you have an issue
If they chose a hosting company because it's someone's buddy, or if they didn't do their due diligence on reliability, then yes.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:31 AM
franklin_m

I know it is not a good analogy but it is as valid as your complaint to say it is the fault of AMA that the server malfunctioned and caused great distress for you.
AMA chose the serve company. If they went with a lesser product, out of some misguided loyalty to someone's buddy, or it's who we've always used, or it's part of the "Taj-Muncie jobs program" (otherwise known as pay top dollar for mediocrity), then yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.