Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Remote ID postponed

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Remote ID postponed

Old 09-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, dang!

The usual cadre has again managed to hijack a thread designed to inform folks of on going RID issues.

Is it possible to have one informational thread that does not become a pecker sword fight?

Old 09-10-2023, 12:56 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

actually, since the thread title appears to still be blatantly wrong, at least, as on today, sunday 10 sep, there has been NO postponement or delay announced, this thread probably does need a derailment.
of the permanent variety.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:12 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 09-10-2023, 01:17 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
actually, since the thread title appears to still be blatantly wrong, at least, as on today, sunday 10 sep, there has been NO postponement or delay announced, this thread probably does need a derailment.
of the permanent variety.
Well, that’s just a matter of time really. As far as derailment goes. I could start a thread on making Lemonade and Franklin would manage to turn it into an AMA/Members bash.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:22 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, can I get a little credit for staying out of this circus sideshow?

Astro
Old 09-10-2023, 05:40 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by astrohog
Hey, can I get a little credit for staying out of this circus sideshow?

Astro
Absolutely, I did notice.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:27 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Well, dang!

The usual cadre has again managed to hijack a thread designed to inform folks of on going RID issues.

Is it possible to have one informational thread that does not become a pecker sword fight?
This particular feud needs a stipulation of fact that franklin had fake accounts on RCGroups. No need for the theatrics.

RCGroups has added "franklin_m" to the account name of at least one of them, meaning they have solid proof (sue-proof).
Old 09-11-2023, 05:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Speaking of staying out of the "BS and Spinning", this is my first post in the AMA forum in several months. Do I get credit for that as well?
Old 09-11-2023, 06:47 PM
ECHO24

Dick T. if you thought the tread was hijacked before I hope you like boat pictures.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Dick T. if you thought the tread was hijacked before I hope you like boat pictures.
Not going to waste my time posting any in this thread, isn't worth it with all the back and forth going on without me being involved. Now, IF it was worth it, then...........................
Old 09-11-2023, 08:45 PM
ECHO24

... and white noise, lots and lots of white noise.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:46 PM
Hydro Junkie

... and white noise, lots and lots of white noise.
I thought this whole thread was nothing but "white noise". Are you telling me that isn't the case?
Old 09-12-2023, 03:56 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I thought this whole thread was nothing but "white noise". Are you telling me that isn't the case?
I wouldn’t say that. There will be an announcement later this week. Either RID effective date will be pushed out or there will be a grace period of no enforcement. This will encompass all UAS not just commercial.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:17 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

It's going to be deferred enforcement or grace period, however they word it.

I'm not sure what the legal nuance is but they are adamant they are not "extending or changing the deadline"
Old 09-12-2023, 10:58 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
It's going to be deferred enforcement or grace period, however they word it.

I'm not sure what the legal nuance is but they are adamant they are not "extending or changing the deadline"
Spin by AMA. A postponement by definition is "extending or changing the deadline". A lower-level FAA contact probably told AMA there would be no extension,
they put that out, and now the tongue-tied explanation to make it look like they're in the loop with actual FAA decision makers. As if.

They're trying to make a connection to the September 2022 deferment: "Accordingly, the FAA will exercise its discretion in determining how to handle any apparent
noncompliance, including exercising discretion to not take enforcement action, if appropriate, for any noncompliance that occurs on or before December 16, 2022."

That was about manufacturers. The FAA approved the ASTM standard only a month before, so it was on the FAA. They did sanction at least one manufacturer
before the December 16, 2022 date as I recall. This is now about operations. It won't be maybe the FAA won't come after you. The date will be pushed back.

FAA's David Boulter, "It's just a matter of what that relief will look like", eg. only certain types of equipment? Have to wait and see.

Old 09-12-2023, 11:33 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

until such time as there is actually an announcement of whatever action they plan to take, this IS still just a "white noise" thread.

a good term for threads that are not what their title proclaims them to be.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:40 AM
ECHO24

until such time as there is actually an announcement of whatever action they plan to take, this IS still just a "white noise" thread.

Another thread was needed for any update as soon as this one was posted.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:44 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Isn't that term "Click Bait" ?
Old 09-12-2023, 12:11 PM
BarracudaHockey

Spin by AMA. A postponement by definition is "extending or changing the deadline". A lower-level FAA contact probably told AMA there would be no extension,
they put that out, and now the tongue-tied explanation to make it look like they're in the loop with actual FAA decision makers. As if.

They're trying to make a connection to the September 2022 deferment: "Accordingly, the FAA will exercise its discretion in determining how to handle any apparent
noncompliance, including exercising discretion to not take enforcement action, if appropriate, for any noncompliance that occurs on or before December 16, 2022."

That was about manufacturers. The FAA approved the ASTM standard only a month before, so it was on the FAA. They did sanction at least one manufacturer
before the December 16, 2022 date as I recall. This is now about operations. It won't be maybe the FAA won't come after you. The date will be pushed back.

FAA's David Boulter, "It's just a matter of what that relief will look like", eg. only certain types of equipment? Have to wait and see.
I'm sure that's it, you nailed it as always
Old 09-12-2023, 01:02 PM
ECHO24

Tough but Fair
Old 09-13-2023, 07:54 AM
BarracudaHockey

Its official for ALL SUAS not just commercial operators

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-ext...ate-six-months
Old 09-13-2023, 07:56 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Its official for ALL SUAS not just commercial operators

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-ext...ate-six-months
You should post a new thread.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:08 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I wouldn’t say that. There will be an announcement later this week. Either RID effective date will be pushed out or there will be a grace period of no enforcement. This will encompass all UAS not just commercial.

Hmm, Imagine that.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:34 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem if someone attributes something to me that I actually said. In fact, if one bothers to take the time to notice that when I attribute something to someone, I actually go back and copy the exact quote. Others though are either deliberately attributing things to people that they never said, or they're just too lazy to go back and check. Here's just one example:
I had a "spit my tea out" moment when I read that our buddy Franklin said that because their comments were made at a commercial symposium that he thinks maybe the relief will only apply to the commercial side (emphasis added)

Here's what I actually said:
Originally Posted by franklin_m
Maybe I'm being too literal, but he was speaking to a commercial UAS audience, at a commercial UAS event. So when he said "You ... will get relief," who exactly is included in that "YOU"? Commercial only (audience) or commercial AND recreational? While either is possible, remember that commercial operators have taken a higher level of test and actually have an FAA designation. So one could argue that it's lower risk to provide them (only) relief since FAA has more power over them (license to operate) should they goon it up. (emphasis added)

Did I say that I "think" that's what would happen? No. Did I say that "maybe" it will happen? No again. In fact, neither "think" nor "maybe" are used by me in the entire post. And yet that's what BC attributed to me.

So I'm going to ask our esteemed and distinguished member of the AMA EC, which is it? Deliberate misattribution or laziness? I honestly don't care which, but pick one please.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:39 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Hmm, Imagine that.
Well, the FAA had already made the announcement that it would be before the 16th, and "later this week" would make Friday the 15th the last possible day, so ... Speedstradamas!

Ken Heron called himself Kenstradamas for predicting Remote ID would be delayed. The FAA hasn't meet a single target date in ten years.

I just canceled my SkyID. I predict there will be a lot of cancelations since it's 6 months not 3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.