Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Remote ID postponed

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Remote ID postponed

Old 09-13-2023, 10:03 AM
  #51  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I have no problem if someone attributes something to me that I actually said. In fact, if one bothers to take the time to notice that when I attribute something to someone, I actually go back and copy the exact quote. Others though are either deliberately attributing things to people that they never said, or they're just too lazy to go back and check. Here's just one example:
Here's what I actually said:
Did I say that I "think" that's what would happen? No. Did I say that "maybe" it will happen? No again. In fact, neither "think" nor "maybe" are used by me in the entire post. And yet that's what BC attributed to me.

So I'm going to ask our esteemed and distinguished member of the AMA EC, which is it? Deliberate misattribution or laziness? I honestly don't care which, but pick one please.
Chill out Francis, the world does not revolve around what you said or didnít say! We are well aware you take the extra time to word things in such a manner to leave yourself an ď out ď.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 09-13-2023 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:22 AM
  #52  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,918
Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I have no problem if someone attributes something to me that I actually said. In fact, if one bothers to take the time to notice that when I attribute something to someone, I actually go back and copy the exact quote. Others though are either deliberately attributing things to people that they never said, or they're just too lazy to go back and check. Here's just one example:
Here's what I actually said:
Did I say that I "think" that's what would happen? No. Did I say that "maybe" it will happen? No again. In fact, neither "think" nor "maybe" are used by me in the entire post. And yet that's what BC attributed to me.

So I'm going to ask our esteemed and distinguished member of the AMA EC, which is it? Deliberate misattribution or laziness? I honestly don't care which, but pick one please.
If we are being honest, I just wanted to see how long it would take you to quote that over here since you're banned over there.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:23 AM
  #53  
ira d
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Maricopa County AZ
Posts: 3,249
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Well, the FAA had already made the announcement that it would be before the 16th, and "later this week" would make Friday the 15th the last possible day, so ... Speedstradamas!

Ken Heron called himself Kenstradamas for predicting Remote ID would be delayed. The FAA hasn't meet a single target date in ten years.

I just canceled my SkyID. I predict there will be a lot of cancelations since it's 6 months not 3.
Who knows we may see the prices come down on the modules.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:24 AM
  #54  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24

I just canceled my SkyID. I predict there will be a lot of cancelations since it's 6 months not 3.
I seem to recall that you are in central Oregon? If so you have 3-4 FRIAs available.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:27 AM
  #55  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
If we are being honest, I just wanted to see how long it would take you to quote that over here since you're banned over there.
LOL, all 4 of his multiple personalities are banned over there. Iím waiting for a 5th to show up.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:13 AM
  #56  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I seem to recall that you are in central Oregon? If so you have 3-4 FRIAs available.
What business is it of yours?


Old 09-13-2023, 11:13 AM
  #57  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ira d
Who knows we may see the prices come down on the modules.
Looking at that or Spektrum extending the sale or doing it again. The Pilot Institute did a survey of just over 2,000 drone owners and 3% had received modules.
3% of the approximately 1.6M UAS users is possibly 48,000 people with modules. They could start turning up on Ebay at a discount. I'm even seeing droners on
forums and comments sections turned off by all this and saying they are going to quit. Or in 6 months we could be in a nuclear war and I won't need a module.

Last edited by ECHO24; 09-13-2023 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:22 PM
  #58  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
What business is it of yours?
Just curious why you choose not to take advantage of some of the nicest flying sites in the state. Iíll take your response as an answer.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:47 PM
  #59  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,561
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
If we are being honest, I just wanted to see how long it would take you to quote that over here since you're banned over there.
So it was deliberate misattribution to provoke a response.

I guess if you're part of nobility the trolling rules don't apply to you over there!
Old 09-13-2023, 12:48 PM
  #60  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,561
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
LOL, all 4 of his multiple personalities are banned over there. Iím waiting for a 5th to show up.
Since you suggested it, and I'm going to get blamed anyway, I set up a handful just yesterday!
Old 09-13-2023, 12:55 PM
  #61  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Since you suggested it, and I'm going to get blamed anyway, I set up a handful just yesterday!
Reflection of your ethical standards? How many times was I accused of being Mach5nchimchim? Did I threaten to create a troll account?
Old 09-13-2023, 01:00 PM
  #62  
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)
 
BarracudaHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,918
Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

I don't know if it was so much as a misattribution as paraphrasing. However you want to twist your and my words to fit your agenda.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:02 PM
  #63  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Just curious why you choose not to take advantage of some of the nicest flying sites in the state. Iíll take your response as an answer.
Don't ever again put in public where I live.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:07 PM
  #64  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Don't ever again put in public where I live.
Good God, you really are paranoid arenít you.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:13 PM
  #65  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

You made yourself look like a clown patting yourself on the back. Live with it. Don't ever again put in public where I live.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:25 PM
  #66  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
You made yourself look like a clown patting yourself on the back. Live with it. Don't ever again put in public where I live.
Or what?
Old 09-13-2023, 01:45 PM
  #67  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,561
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I don't know if it was so much as a misattribution as paraphrasing. However you want to twist your and my words to fit your agenda.
Don't be so lazy. It's not that hard to copy the quote directly.

And while I'm at it, the answer provided at the Commercial Drone event a few years back was in direct response to a specifically worded question. I know because I wrote the question that was asked word for word. And why? Because I had the email that said membership wasn't required, but the public statement from FAA leadership in a public forum is unquestionably policy.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:56 PM
  #68  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Don't ever again put in public where I live.
He's done it to just about everyone with whom he disagrees, No regard for anyone but himself. It's kinda weird if you ask me.

Astro
Old 09-13-2023, 02:34 PM
  #69  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
He's done it to just about everyone with whom he disagrees, No regard for anyone but himself. It's kinda weird if you ask me.

Astro
You mean like butting into something that doesnít concern you? And if you are going to throw accusations around, how about backing them up with evidence?
Old 09-13-2023, 03:35 PM
  #70  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
You mean like butting into something that doesnít concern you? And if you are going to throw accusations around, how about backing them up with evidence?
It does concern me, I am a participant here, and you've done it to me. Doxxing those with whom you disagree is abhorrent behavior and I will call out anybody who does it and it certainly does nothing for this forum in which we participate, nor does it have any relevance to the discussion at hand. Are you saying you haven't done it before?

Try and have a little respect for others, even if you disagree with them, it makes for a better society.

Astro
Old 09-13-2023, 03:47 PM
  #71  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,493
Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog

Try and have a little respect for others, even if you disagree with them, it makes for a better society.

Astro
I suggest you take your own advice. And his location is relevant as there are FRIAs in his area and damn nice ones at that. It makes sense to wonder why he would choose a module over a FRIA. If he is so scared of people knowing the 250,000 square mile area of where he lives then maybe he should stay off the internet. I simply was able to figure out is approximate location based on what he posted. Had he sent me a PM asking that I not post again I probably would have offered an apology. But no he and you have to go straight to A hole mode right off.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 09-13-2023 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:55 PM
  #72  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I don't advertise where I live for a reason and that's why you don't cross certain lines.

Mainly, the guy needed to be told to stop being a jackass and trying to bait me.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:55 PM
  #73  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I But no he and you have to go straight to A hole mode right off.
Excuse me?

You're trying to tell us that if he asked you in private, you would've apologized, but because he asked in the same forum in which you exposed his personal info, you double-down and call that A hole mode? LOL

Your actual response was, " Or what?"

MMMMkay......

Astro
Old 09-13-2023, 04:12 PM
  #74  
ECHO24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,344
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Now back to our regular programming.

No one has yet comment on the language itself, that the FAA is no longer making any bones about what this is about. UAS is in the bin.

DRONE PILOTS who are unable to comply with the broadcast requirement of the Remote ID Rule will now have until March 16, 2024, to equip their aircraft.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:46 PM
  #75  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Yup, that's what we are....drone pilots....

Astro

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.