Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Club sued for discrimination or another troll by I2DDD

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Club sued for discrimination or another troll by I2DDD

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:45 PM
the troll
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club sued for discrimination or another troll by I2DDD

Ha... Made ya look
Ok guys what do you think about a club that only allows certian type aircraft...you know...like war birds only or helis only etc...? Does anyone have an experiences to share? How do you believe such a club can be reconciled with the AMA rules? Facts or thoughts welcome.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Club sued for discrimination or another troll by I2DDD

I got no problem with a club that only allows certain types of aircraft. That's their perogative. If it's not my type of aircraft, SUCKS TO BE THEM, don't it? They miss out on me and my dues and any effort I would put forth on the club's behalf. I'm not gonna get pi$$y and take them to court over it. Why would I want to force my way into a group where I'm UNWELCOME? Why would I want to be a part of a group where I'd be an outcast? If they want to wallow in their own ignorance and hatred, let 'em.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Burger
My Feedback: (1)

Amen!!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-30-2003, 12:35 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I think Matt covered it fairly well. The only thing is, that even if he wanted to take them to court, he has no case because it is a private club that doesn't receive government funding.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: I2DDD

<SNIP>
Ok guys what do you think about a club that only allows certian type aircraft...you know...like war birds only or helis only etc...? Does anyone have an experiences to share? How do you believe such a club can be reconciled with the AMA rules? Facts or thoughts welcome.
Well, this time, you came up with a truly awsome thought. If I joined the local indoor R/C club that flys at the local gym, I just can't see why they would want to stop me from hovering my 33% Edge in there with them. Discrimination is discrimination and shouldn't be allowed.

JR
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: J_R

Well, this time, you came up with a truly awsome thought. If I joined the local indoor R/C club that flys at the local gym, I just can't see why they would want to stop me from hovering my 33% Edge in there with them. Discrimination is discrimination and shouldn't be allowed.

JR
Cool. [X(]I would love to see you do that Might not last long but what a spectacle. Might get national news coverage or even prime time and become the biggest boost ever to the hobby! Maybe a good one for M TV's Jackass show. Hmmm…maybe I have been wrong about you JR maybe you are OK after all.

Guys I really don't believe anyone would actually sue a club because of restrictions to the type of aircraft allowed but one never knows tho. Anyway since this is my belief I can't be wrong.

I have been thinking that a small club that allows only pilot built aircraft would be attractive tho... no arfs, arcs, or rtfs built by others...just planes built by the pilot allowed. I know...I would be missing out on all the many facets of the hobby that many desire but there is a desirable demeanor pilots have that built their own that I would appreciate and can't be had otherwise
Old 10-30-2003, 01:29 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you (otherwise) intelligent guys feed trolls?
Old 10-30-2003, 01:31 PM
the troll
Banned

BTW JR

I am very honored that you chose to respond to my thread first after your 8 day sabbatical. Good to have you back.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:35 PM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Ahh... another tasty morsal. um...um...good!
Old 10-30-2003, 01:49 PM
P-51B

We have too, they're an endangered species.

Signed,

(otherwise)
Old 10-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the world of model aviation there are many types of limitations within Clubs and Groups.

RC Clubs themselves are divided among Big-Birds, all sizes, Gliders,etc., etc. There are FF clubs and CL clubs. There are Glider Clubs, Electric Clubs, and All-Types Clubs. Events are definitely divided into many different events limited to specific choices and defined airplanes.

In essence these separations are a form of discrimination: ".... the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently." The overall model aviation activity is very much separated into units where the individuals respond to different stimuli, therefore one definition of discrimination is in being.

Of course my prejudice surfaces in that I believe in "Individual Freedom" where any self-supported group should have 101% total control of whom, how many and any qualifications they so desire, to determine those allowed into that group.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

In the world of model aviation there are many types of limitations within Clubs and Groups.

RC Clubs themselves are divided among Big-Birds, all sizes, Gliders,etc., etc. There are FF clubs and CL clubs. There are Glider Clubs, Electric Clubs, and All-Types Clubs. Events are definitely divided into many different events limited to specific choices and defined airplanes.

In essence these separations are a form of discrimination: ".... the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently." The overall model aviation activity is very much separated into units where the individuals respond to different stimuli, therefore one definition of discrimination is in being.

Of course my prejudice surfaces in that I believe in "Individual Freedom" where any self-supported group should have 101% total control of whom, how many and any qualifications they so desire, to determine those allowed into that group.
Horrace,

In the Charter Renewal Kit there is a stated policy that I strongly defend and firmly believe is proper. Lets review it for clarity.

"It is the policy of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, Inc. that membership in all charter clubs shall be available without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, or disability." I recall the incident (our acquaintance with his wife they would not allow in) that caused that policy to exist. I know that if your club should elect to reject that policy your charter will probably not be renewed. Our acquaintance was ejected from the club right after they accepted his spouse, but that is another story.

An AMA Chartered Club is not totally self-supporting, because (BY DEFINITION!) they depend on the AMA. However, you can exclude from membership those who elect not to pay dues and those who have angered the majority of the meeting attending membership.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:43 AM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

"It is the policy of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, Inc. that membership in all charter clubs shall be available without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, or disability."
Whoa... Back up the truck...This is my troll and I am not entertaining the race thing. This is about model airplanes...OK?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:48 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

LOL!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:26 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

//SNIP//
[Of course my prejudice surfaces in that I believe in "Individual Freedom" where any self-supported group should have 101% total control of whom, how many and any qualifications they so desire, to determine those allowed into that group.
Horrace,

In the Charter Renewal Kit there is a stated policy that I strongly defend and firmly believe is proper. Lets review it for clarity.

"It is the policy of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, Inc. that membership in all charter clubs shall be available without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, or disability." I recall the incident (our acquaintance with his wife they would not allow in) that caused that policy to exist. I know that if your club should elect to reject that policy your charter will probably not be renewed. Our acquaintance was ejected from the club right after they accepted his spouse, but that is another story.

An AMA Chartered Club is not totally self-supporting, because (BY DEFINITION!) they depend on the AMA. However, you can exclude from membership those who elect not to pay dues and those who have angered the majority of the meeting attending membership.
[/quote]
JB
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AND YOUR POINT IS??[:-]

Branum, dear Branum! You're always good for a laugh. You say that if my Club refuses to play by AMA rules the AMA will reject the Club! So What? My Club plays by AMA Rules, that is why I have that "Gold Club" pin to wear.

Now where did I say that any AMA Chartered Club was self-supporting? I spoke of a self-supported group, however the AMA C/C restriction was not mentioned. Believe it or not, there is a world OUTSIDE of AMA.

OTOH, my Club can stand alone if they should so choose. Property owners, many thousands of $$ in the bank, 116 members, maybe more as 3 more joined tonight, yet we do plan to fully support AMA. That is the beauty of it all, we do it because we WANT to, not because we have to.

Actually, my club sees only modelers at the field, nothing and/or no one else. Poor, rich or whatever, they are all modelers. OTOH for the soaring-only person, we do provide information about the local soaring club. We have a standing offer that CL modelers are welcome, just grade off an area that is available and use mufflers. The option is theirs. [&:]

Our Club Constitution and Bylaws were written 10 years ago to define the responsibilities and limitations of Club membership, far ahead of AMA's decision that clubs need to do so. In fact all our financial arrangements are years ahead of items now just beginning to become popular within certain investment strategies.

So, Branum, that straw you're grasping for ''....jest ain't gonna' hold you up, boy."[>:]
Old 10-31-2003, 08:08 AM
P-51B

Guys, the troll question had to do with AIRPLANE type or size...not race or egos.

The AMA policy statement has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:13 PM
haven_angelo

ORIGINAL: P-51B

Signed,

(otherwise)
Guys, the troll question had to do with AIRPLANE type or size...not race or egos.

I've followed your responses through several threads P-51D....I think you're the pot, calling the kettle...black!
About egos? I think you need to reflect a bit, P-51D.......

Old 10-31-2003, 08:35 PM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: haven_angelo

Signed,

(otherwise)

I've followed your responses through several threads P-51D....I think you're the pot, calling the kettle...black!
About egos? I think you need to reflect a bit, P-51D.......

I'm always open for constructive criticism, so let's hear it.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 PM
haven_angelo

I knew your ego wouldn't allow you to pass my comments by. Constructive criticism? How about talking RC.... Do you know anyhting about RC? I haven't seen any substantive commentary from you in a full 30 day search on this site.
You're one of those guys that adds little or no substance to this site, other than hanging out in forums where you can masquerade as someone that's "in the know".
A cool guy, an elitist.

Proove me wrong! Do you know what, you can't.
One only needs to do a search on your user name, read your nonsensical diatribe, to come to my conclusion.

You're a troll. Not that there's anything wrong with that (a twisted paraphrase from Seinfeld)!

I just thought I'd make vocal what others deem intuitively apparent.

Good luck fishing!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:20 PM
P-51B

I knew your ego wouldn't allow you to pass my comments by. Constructive criticism? How about talking RC.... Do you know anyhting about RC? I haven't seen any substantive commentary from you in a full 30 day search on this site.
You're one of those guys that adds little or no substance to this site, other than hanging out in forums where you can masquerade as someone that's "in the know".
A cool guy, an elitist.

Proove me wrong! Do you know what, you can't.
One only needs to do a search on your user name, read your nonsensical diatribe, to come to my conclusion.

You're a troll. Not that there's anything wrong with that (a twisted paraphrase from Seinfeld)!

I just thought I'd make vocal what others deem intuitively apparent.

Good luck fishing!

I knew your ego wouldn't allow you to pass my comments by.
I have to say, I don't get that. I would think someone with the ego you imply, would have ignored you outright. I asked for constructive criticism, and you came close with "How about talking RC. Then you go into name calling??

Here's a range of the recent.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Rudd...1241472/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._2/key_/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Regi...1220834/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/%22N...1192074/tm.htm

No soup for you!

EDITED TO ADD:

By the way, haven_angelo, you're my new FAVORITE TROLL!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:30 PM
haven_angelo

You have the last word, as always P-51D, as I know, and I know you know, just how important that is to you.

One only needs to look back at your previous postings to qualify this belief.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:59 PM
the troll
Banned

Now that hurts. I have been trying real hard! OK I will have to try harder I guess.

BTW P-51B of the examples of your recent posts you gave only one seems to be directly related to "RC" knowledge so it looks like haven_angelo is right on the money. Did that get me back to #1?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:31 PM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: the troll

Now that hurts. I have been trying real hard! OK I will have to try harder I guess.

BTW P-51B of the examples of your recent posts you gave only one seems to be directly related to "RC" knowledge so it looks like haven_angelo is right on the money. Did that get me back to #1?
Well, you did change your ID afterall DDD! Of course, you are a friendly Troll...I'll have to think about it. By the way, what happened to the favorite troll thread? I can't seem to find it.

Heck, I thought that my examples covered a range ... there's 2 AMA issues, model modifcation, the infamous shootdown issue. There hasn't been much interesting in the "hard modeling" (like the model modifaction) area lately, but the Hoss, JR, and Jim B election has been interesting in the AMA thread. I thought of the shootdown issue and AMA field issues as R/C related, but, I guess maybe some others don't.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:10 PM
zxcv11

Hehe...you guys crack me up.
It never ends here on good old RCU eh??
I'm confused.....hows come whenever someone....and especially my man troll here....starts a thread on some-thang' someone doesn't want to hear or talk about, it's trolling?? Why is this any different than anyone askin any questions?? Isn't this the purpose of an open public forum?? People bust in....yell "TROLL TROLL TROLL".... add posts to a thread about 'trolling', which have nothing to do with the thread...... what exactly is the constructive purpose in that? I'm confused (as usual.....hmmmmm) No one was bashing or anything on this post until this stuff began.......or maybe it didn't, but I thought it did, er.... maybe we all need a BIG group hug!!!!!!!!!!!

As to one subject (lol); your puritanical 'build club' DDD....or Trolll.....or whatever (hey....I've been away since your face-lift hahaha)
I think that would be cool. Just a club to compare self-built stuff. More original, neat planes. Very retro man.

Good flying gentlemen, whatever you may fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

Brian
"Promoting civil decency and peace on RCU!! "
Old 03-19-2004, 10:40 PM
the troll
Banned

Default being a good troll... bringing up an old thread

You have the last word, as always P-51D, as I know, and I know you know, just how important that is to you.

One only needs to look back at your previous postings to qualify this belief.
haven_angelo where are you? I knew for sure you would be a great troll someday...oh well some or not born to greatness like me.

Anyway P51B He was wrong and you were right... [sm=lol.gif]your posts are always level headed and appreciated except when they contadict mine[X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.