Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Paternguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

Settle down Hoss, when that numbness in your nether regions goes away and your ability to laugh returns let us know. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
BadBill
My Feedback: (89)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
think such behavior is all OK. YUCK![:'(]
PROUDLY, one of "those" [8D] I am still going to say that ya'll protest a bit too loudly.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:15 AM
BadBill
My Feedback: (89)

ORIGINAL: Paternguy

Settle down Hoss, when that numbness in your nether regions goes away and your ability to laugh returns let us know. LOL
You gotta wonder if he was not invited or something..LOL

Old 05-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Paternguy

Some people just take themselves way to seriously. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding, superb rant by Horrace! You tell em! These liberals (they could only be liberals) ought to be banned for five(5) years, like you said!
You know what else burns me, besides the "alkys" driving my car insurance up? OLD PEOPLE. Fact of the matter is I pay more for the old people to be covered than I do for the "alkys", as there are a whole lot more of them, and they get into a whole lot more accidents. I think old people, say, over 60, ought to be banned from driving for five(5) years.

"Worse than those that "did the deed are some here that discuss these topics on a regular basis and think such behavior is all OK. YUCK!"

I agree, Horrace. Those people ARE yucky. It's about time big government stepped in and regulated things a bit more!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Mike in DC

Horrace is right on one thing. The problem is insurance. Almost all the bad things folks do, they can do without consequences because of insurance. What about lousy automobile drivers? We all pay for their accidents. What about idiots who put their hands under circular saws? Yep, we pay. Kids play with matches, or guys do their own plumbing, and burn their house down. Guess who pays? Yep, you and me in our insurance premiums. Who do you think pays for all those little blue pills, at $10 a pop? Yup! It's the guys that can get it up on their own. Why should we pay to subsidize the guys that can't?

Worse yet, the mere existance of insurance creates claims. A kid trips on a piece of rebar at an R/C event. If there's no insurance, his Dad tells him to be more careful. If there's insurance, the Dad sues the AMA. Who pays? We do!

What I can't understand is if the world was such a better place when idiots had to pay for their actions with good old pain and suffering, how did the world get to turned upside down? If it's the liberals, why can't the conservatives put it right now that they control the U.S. government?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Mike in DC

If it's the liberals, why can't the conservatives put it right now that they control the U.S. government?
Because the Liberals have a stronger hold on the media, which portrays any attempt to correct things as an evil conspiracy by the "right wingers".
Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Paternguy

You guys had to go and get ET started didn't you. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: Paternguy

You guys had to go and get ET started didn't you. LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 12:54 PM
jwalsh1

Hey, its a pretty stupid action, but I have to say sometimes I feel I would be much safer with that burning plane in the air than these turbines full of jet a running at 250 mph on low level passes in front of a crowd. Sure, theres a tennis net but when was the last time a missle cares about a net? Accidents happen, and if one of these things loses control in a crowd, well goodnight. We certainly dont punish them because of the risk.

Im certainly not saying get rid of the turbines, but we have to recognize that theres always going to be some stupid people doing stupid things, but sometimes those stupid things might not be any less safe than the things we accept as safe.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jwalsh1

I would be much safer with that burning plane in the air than these turbines full of jet a running at 250 mph on low level passes in front of a crowd. Sure, theres a tennis net but when was the last time a missle cares about a net?
And it only took 35 posts for the misinformation brigade to rear its ugly head....[:'(] Don't forget about those whirling birds of the death...the helis. Or those little elctric speedsters that can take out an old lady's ankle in a flash. Or the dreaded park fliers carrying little lipo bombs. Give me a break...
Tommy
Old 05-26-2005, 01:02 PM
jwalsh1

You are stating in your post exactly what Im trying to convey.

All Im saying is if one wanted to, they could find dangerous risk in anything. Im NOT saying, contrary to what you want to think, that I think there is a concerning level of risk that we need to be bite our nails and lose sleep over. Im trying to point out how ridiculous that is. But thanks for automatically categorizing me as an idiot and part of that brigade you speak of, I appreciate it.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
danhoh

It was NOT a AMA sanctioned event, day OR night.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Felix21685

did you ask the person that took the photographs if you could post them up here?

he has a copyright on those images. you posting them here is illegal. i would be more worried about that.

second. that website that you copied and pasted from did you ask for their permission?

seems like you have done more stupid things than they have
Old 05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
UltimateFlyer120

Long live the 1%ers!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd say burn em at the stake! How dare those Profilers do such satanic riturals under the nose of Brown the Almighty.

Again, someone finally shed some light. WAS THIS A SANCTIONED EVENT? AT A CHARTERED FIELD? WITH CARD HOLDING MEMBERS????? Huh????

Come on Dan Rather, lets get some facts here....

I also contend with the last two posts. Any moving object poses a risk to hurting someone. How well a court is convinced so that someone gets a settlement determines that risk. Not us, not the AMA, but the courts in the tort bound legal society that we live in. It wasn't AMA that determined that turbines were more dangerous. It was a lawyer for the insurance company.

Scott
Old 05-26-2005, 01:27 PM
crazystix

Looks like fun to me. And a lot safer than just standing in the pits while some old geezer that can barely fly a trainer takes off with his Corsair, and instead of adding right rudder, just lets it go wherever it wants, which is straight at the pits........ or some 12 year old with a Diamond Dust, etc. etc. I'm sure the AMA will get their panties in a wad over it, though , even though they wouldn't have been liable for any injuries or damage anyway. And someone dredged up an inactive, 2 year old account to make the original post. Hmmmm.... who do we know who is spineless, active (with another account) on these forums, and has an ax to grind with a certain group of profile flyers? Hmmm.... could it be.... SATAN!!!????
Old 05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: crazystix

Hmmmm.... who do we know who is spineless, active (with another account) on these forums, and has an ax to grind with a certain group of profile flyers? Hmmm.... could it be.... SATAN!!!????

I just fell out of my chair...LOL

If nothing else this will provide DB with material for the President's Column. Maybe this time with pictures...
Tommy
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
probro1213

hmmmmmmm?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
LanceF
My Feedback: (6)

Wow. It's not enough that those guys that were having fun have all been driven away from this site and their common names banned, but now someone over here is copying content from their site and posting it over here? Am I the only one seeing the irony here? It's as if to say "Hey we don't like you guys so ya'll are all going to have to leave!" And they leave and go form their own club, which contrary to Darwinism is growing in numbers daily I might add. Then people over here see they're having fun over there and want to cry about it? Talk about being a pantywaist because someone took all their marbles and left! Get over it!

Someone has pointed out that many of the facts that the cowardly starter of this thread started have been dead wrong. He's posting assumptions as facts, so where is his credibility? He's just bitter that someone else is having a good time, so now he wants to try and get them in trouble. It's true...those brothers have more fun than the law should allow, but apparently the law allows it. I know, I've been to an "event" myself.

Regards,
Lance Ferry
Old 05-26-2005, 01:35 PM
SNARLACLES
My Feedback: (20)

sniff sniff.......I smell Greene[>:]
Old 05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Thunderhead

I would suggest 3 things to rcayatollah:
1) Check your facts. Flagrent rants on asumptions make one look worse.
2) READ the fine print.
3) Repeat 1 and 2

This only draws us in the hobby father apart. Oh, I grant you, ppl will continue to do things that others deem "dangerous" or "stupid". But in the long run its ppl like rcayatollah that will go so far to dig up a little dirt on something just to get a rise out of others and then hide behind others when the crap gets deep.
If you werent there, then chances are its all hear say anyway. Alot of "facts" are nothing other than "assumptions" from dirt diggers that have nothing else to do but to spread thier wealth of BS on to unsuspecting hobbiests.
You wernt there were you?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: crazystix

Looks like fun to me. And a lot safer than just standing in the pits while some old geezer that can barely fly a trainer takes off with his Corsair, and instead of adding right rudder, just lets it go wherever it wants, which is straight at the pits........ or some 12 year old with a Diamond Dust, etc. etc. I'm sure the AMA will get their panties in a wad over it, though , even though they wouldn't have been liable for any injuries or damage anyway. And someone dredged up an inactive, 2 year old account to make the original post. Hmmmm.... who do we know who is spineless, active (with another account) on these forums, and has an ax to grind with a certain group of profile flyers? Hmmm.... could it be.... SATAN!!!????
I supect the Communists are behind this. MUCH worse than Satan!
I have always suspected that The Brotherhood Whose Name Can Evidently No Longer Be Spoken Here were nothing but a branch of Satanists, now I have confirmation. With this information in hand, I will have all of their AMA memberships revoked for five(5) years.

I can just picture HC as the Church Lady, that's too funny!

I don't have a problem with the Brophile Brotherhood...while I hate both 3d AND profiles, they have found a good sort of community and brotherhood in this hobby, and that's a wonderful thing...they seem to want to have fun...even IF they are all drooling raydnaicks who use giant telephone company spools for dinner tables, they are the kind of guys who make the hobby great, more power to them! Wish I could have put in a set of fake buck teeth and borrowed a pickup and gone to that night ritual, it looked like a lot of fun, one of those events to remember. You go, girls!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
crazystix

Why hasn't this thread been shut down yet? Profanity, flaming, name- calling, it's all here. I guess it depends on who you're talking about, if you get censored or not.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Oh, don't be such a stick in the mud! Just guys having fun, don't shut down this thread...
And don't scream bias on the part of the moderators, it could be just as simple as they have not seen it yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.