Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

Old 05-26-2005, 01:53 PM
LanceF
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA members set plane on fire risking injury

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER
...they seem to want to have fun...even IF they are all drooling raydnaicks who use giant telephone company spools for dinner tables, they are the kind of guys who make the hobby great, more power to them! Wish I could have put in a set of fake buck teeth and borrowed a pickup and ...
Let me know if you'd like to borrow my buck teef or ma pickemuptruk fer da next event.

Keep this up and you'll be off the Christmas list fer sure.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
goflyrc1

WOW! This guy has a bone to pick with the Protherhood. They did the exact same thing at a Flying Circus event in Pheonix awhile back. The video is even posted on thier website. OH MY!!!! Those giant scale guys should be banned. Mr. Crapatolla is an idiot!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LanceF

...they seem to want to have fun...even IF they are all drooling raydnaicks who use giant telephone company spools for dinner tables, they are the kind of guys who make the hobby great, more power to them! Wish I could have put in a set of fake buck teeth and borrowed a pickup and ...
Let me know if you'd like to borrow my buck teef or ma pickemuptruk fer da next event.

Keep this up and you'll be off the Christmas list fer sure.
Dang, I wuz lookin' furrad to a-gitten mah usuwull carton of gee-neric smokes from you fellers this Crismus agin! Guess'n the young'ns will havta smoke shredded depron instead.
Seriously, though, you guys keep it up, nothing wrong with setting things aflame now and then, it's a Southern Tradition, same as vinegar pie.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

I left this site almost a year ago because there were too many people on it trying to stir things up. No matter what the issue, there is ALWAYS someone on this site wanting to get someone wound up over it. Why is that? Are you unhappy in your own lives? Is your wife keeping you down and you feel that this is the only place you have to crow? GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!

This WAS NOT AN AMA SANCTIONED EVENT!!!! WHY? Because of just this reason. We didn't want anyone held responsible for our actions. I was there and saw the whole thing. It was awesome to say the least. I had stopped having fun until I started flying with these guys. I hope one day you people will learn to have some fun too.

To keep it correct...... The plane hovering above the flames IS NOT a fuel powered plane. It is an electric foamy. Get it right before you start blowing your faulty horn to the AMA. As for the crowd that was watching this event....I got news for ya.......WE WERE BEHIND THE FENCE!!! There were only 2 or 3 people out on the runway at the time. The pilot, the owner and 1 guy with a camera. IT CRASHED ON THE RUNWAY, NOT INTO ANY "COMMON AREA". It also happened around 9pm. Or could you not tell that it was dark in the pictures?

It's really too bad that people like you, a so called "SUPER CONTRIBUTOR" with a total of "4" posts, feels the need to start some S**T over some other people having fun. I can see from this thread that this is just not a place for people that like to have fun. I thought I might start coming back to this site for a bit to try to help some of the younger people out there that are lied to without end on this sit. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THIS SITE! There are too many old farts out there trying their best to keep anyone from doing fun things.

A little advise......
Try to have FUN when you fly. If it aint fun, your doing it wrong!
Don't listen to those that tell you it can't be done.
Stay away from people with one track minds.
Live your life, not their dreams.

I hope all of you that read this will understand that we are all about having FUN! Hovering is not dangerous. With an air speed of ZERO MPH what's the harm? Jets at 200 mph will kill you, Pylon planes at 200 mph will kill you, 50 pound planes with 30 inch props will kill you, crossing the street can kill you, but I have never seen a plane at ZERO air speed cause any damage to anything other than its self or the ground. Only people that REALLY know what they are doing will hover in close. So get over it people. Every portion of this hobby has it's ups and downs. Why not allow everyone to explore what is fun to them. While HOVERING a burning plane might not be the thing to do at a crowded event, doing it at night, away from the crowd, with almost everyone behind the fence, doesn't seem like a major life changing AMA catastrophe to me either.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Bud Morrison
My Feedback: (8)

Oh, don't be such a stick in the mud! Just guys having fun, don't shut down this thread...
And don't scream bias on the part of the moderators, it could be just as simple as they have not seen it yet.

I havent laughed so much in ages.

ET rules!!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

Gentleman. The moderators have cleaned up any language that was over the line as well as any personal attacks on individuals. If you want to discuss this topic please do so by stating the facts and if your opinions are stated please do so without attacking other members personally. It is not necessary to attack someone to convey your opinion or message.

Lots of people emailed us and wanted this thread back to discuss this so we put it up but the moderators will monitor to ensure it does not get out of hand.

thanks everyone for your cooperation in advance.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Bud Morrison

You know Marc the censoring of the word Pr0Bro and anything other than the web addy on here is pretty childish and the reasoning for it rates right up there with why this person posted this thread here. Hate is an ugly word no matter how its said or how its conveyed.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
rik756
My Feedback: (12)

Copyright ©2004 - All Rights Reserved
ALL IMGAGES AND LOGOS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
PERMISSION IS NEEDED TO REPRODUCE ANYTHING ON THIS SITE.
THE PROFILE BROTHERHOOD TM
And of course we all know what the **** stands for Brofile Brotherhood with a P. This information is CLEARLY posted on the FRONT page of that site. They ban a name, but allow this other crap. Amazing!

MODS:
You're watching this thread but you knowingly and willingly allow violations of copyrighted materlals? If you did'nt already know, you do now that the pictures on page 1 ARE copywrited materials. The two screenshots are copywrited materials as well, one of which shows MY plane! I did not, will not and have not given you or anyone else permission to reproduce or copy that image or my post. You DO NOT have permission to use those images or writings and I request you remove them immediately!
Thanks!
Rick
Old 05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: 2fast4u

I left this site almost a year ago because there were too many people on it trying to stir things up. No matter what the issue, there is ALWAYS someone on this site wanting to get someone wound up over it. Why is that? Are you unhappy in your own lives? Is your wife keeping you down and you feel that this is the only place you have to crow? GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!

This WAS NOT AN AMA SANCTIONED EVENT!!!! WHY? Because of just this reason. We didn't want anyone held responsible for our actions. I was there and saw the whole thing. It was awesome to say the least. I had stopped having fun until I started flying with these guys. I hope one day you people will learn to have some fun too.

To keep it correct...... The plane hovering above the flames IS NOT a fuel powered plane. It is an electric foamy. Get it right before you start blowing your faulty horn to the AMA. As for the crowd that was watching this event....I got news for ya.......WE WERE BEHIND THE FENCE!!! There were only 2 or 3 people out on the runway at the time. The pilot, the owner and 1 guy with a camera. IT CRASHED ON THE RUNWAY, NOT INTO ANY "COMMON AREA". It also happened around 9pm. Or could you not tell that it was dark in the pictures?

It's really too bad that people like you, a so called "SUPER CONTRIBUTOR" with a total of "4" posts, feels the need to start some S**T over some other people having fun. I can see from this thread that this is just not a place for people that like to have fun. I thought I might start coming back to this site for a bit to try to help some of the younger people out there that are lied to without end on this sit. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THIS SITE! There are too many old farts out there trying their best to keep anyone from doing fun things.

A little advise......
Try to have FUN when you fly. If it aint fun, your doing it wrong!
Don't listen to those that tell you it can't be done.
Stay away from people with one track minds.
Live your life, not their dreams.

I hope all of you that read this will understand that we are all about having FUN! Hovering is not dangerous. With an air speed of ZERO MPH what's the harm? Jets at 200 mph will kill you, Pylon planes at 200 mph will kill you, 50 pound planes with 30 inch props will kill you, crossing the street can kill you, but I have never seen a plane at ZERO air speed cause any damage to anything other than its self or the ground. Only people that REALLY know what they are doing will hover in close. So get over it people. Every portion of this hobby has it's ups and downs. Why not allow everyone to explore what is fun to them. While HOVERING a burning plane might not be the thing to do at a crowded event, doing it at night, away from the crowd, with almost everyone behind the fence, doesn't seem like a major life changing AMA catastrophe to me either.
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER

We all need to realize that R/C Aeronotics is a dying hobby. The amount of children, at least in my club is very small. By taking away the fun aspect or by prosecuting people that are enjoying that part of the hobby is like shooting the hobby in the foot. We need to make this hobby appealing to the younger people to keep it alive. I also would like to comment on how utterly rude it is of the post starter to put this in a public forum. It is absolutley none of his buisness. If you have an issue with what the bros were doing contact us not the whole R/C World. Honestly this is nothing but someone trying to throw dust in us bros faces. It is rediculous and i think the poster should be repremanded for infringing copyright laws as well.

Stefan
Old 05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

OH and moderators the censoring of the word probro????? What is the point of this, the p r o f i l e br ot her hoo d is simply a group of people that love profile planes and 3Ding. Its not like we are fanatics or anything out to kill the hobby infact we are exactly the opposite we are pioneers out to expand the hobby and show the world what we love.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Old 05-26-2005, 08:08 PM
moterhead
My Feedback: (1)

Is this type of flying any different than going to a NIGHT fly with Helicoptors?????? What if the Lights went out in the Heli? or he lost control???

I think that plane had a very unfortunate LiPoly Fire...

Scott

proud profile-brother!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:12 PM
sky_dancer

I wasn't there. Wish I had been! Some guys get to have all the fun.
I can't fly like those guys can yet but they inspire me to be a better pilot....to push the envelope...to reach for MORE! What do you folks over here inspire? Never mind, don't answer that...it might put me to sleep.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
BRUTUS122
My Feedback: (14)

www.thepr0filebr0therh00d.c0m:)
Old 05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
rcairnut

I was not there, I would not burn my plane, but it it looked like all had fun
I saw this and had a good laugh, life it to short to go looking for things to get upset about.
What is more dangerous I person with a "I hate life and you will pay for it" attitude, Or somebody having too much fun?
Someone needs, rent a life.
I must be bad, in that nasty bunch and to top it off I still like fireworks and even throwing them (a violation of somebody's safety code for sure).
Somebody take me and throw me out of the AMA for 5 years that would teach me to try and fly 3D, and for being in that bunch, also how dare to have fun at at the same time, to top it off I laughed at this, a sure sign I should have all my radios impounded.
Someone stop me I may have fun!!!
But hey I am just a nut.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
ND_newbie

This is a bit off-topic, but why is the phrase "prophyle brutherhould" censored in the phirst place? The phew posts I've seen from B!lly and co have been respectphul and well-received. I'm not a huge phan of prophyle planes, but that doesn't make their value any less. I enjoy reading about spad planes, but it's possible that a prophyle phlyer might not enjoy the plastic planes. What's with the censorship?

---------------------------------

The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Paternguy
My Feedback: (1)

The censorship is getting out of hand, I posted on in the pattern forum today (New Idea), it was actually pretty funny, but I guess the Mod had a plane that looked to much like the one I posted. LOLOLOL
Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Bud Morrison

ORIGINAL: srg123cohen

OH and moderators the censoring of the word probro????? What is the point of this, the p r o f i l e br ot her hoo d is simply a group of people that love profile planes and 3Ding. Its not like we are fanatics or anything out to kill the hobby infact we are exactly the opposite we are pioneers out to expand the hobby and show the world what we love.

Well to sum it up its all part of a peeing and ego contest. That basicaly all started over a rule here which now has been changed anyway as far as i know. If you discuss it with any of the parties that really matter they will give you a ton of other reasons why it still continues. But all and all when its all said and done its the ole RC forum admins and their group minions wars revisited. Whats bad is that it all degrades to uncalled for personal attacks and very underhanded crap on all parties parts as well. Its like,, "Hey they pissed me off I didn't like that or I don't like what they are doing" Ahah Ill get them lets ban their groups name and not allow any of them to use it in their sigs. That'll really irk them. So it goes back and fourth and back and fourth one group trying to top the other. So when its all said and done are you really surprised? We are grown men who play with RC toys. Heck look at the ego wars and infighting that goes on in the AMA itself all you have to do is go read the AMA forums here. So heh everyone enjoy all of this its been going on for years just a different place and time here. Heh I'm getting to ole and lazy for it anymore so I usualy just pick up the phone and talk to the parties direct if it effects me or if I have an opinion on the matter. If someone agrees with what I say then they agree. If someone doesn't yes well its only my opinion on things and you know the saying Depending on who is posting in the thread tho the humor value can go through the roof tho. Better than an episode of Blue Collar Comedy at times. So hopfully it explains my previous post a lil. And yes Ive conveyed this same opinion to the parties over the phone as well awhile back.

As to the plane on fire in the pict here. BIG DEAL... Ive seen rockets shot off the wings of jets. Guys walking out and touching hovering giant scale planes. Guys flying HLGs drunk and trying to catch them in the teeth. Guys hand catching a very large plane when one of the gear wouldn't come down. Guys trying to land and take off from a picnic table "That went real well hahaha Picnic table won!!" All at AMA sanctioned events. Some are even on videos commercialy for sale. The list goes on and on.
What we have here is nothing more than someone that has a beef with the Pr0Bros or the owner of the Pr0bros most likely a personal one. Et already injected enough for my humor quota for today so Ill get off my soapbox now and go back to lurk mode on here. Im just one of them grown men who still plays with RC toys. And toys are sposed to be fun. I'll check back in later when I need another laugh

Oh almost forgot.... EasyTiger I take back all them bad mean things I said about you to myself when I used to have to moderate you
Your getting better with age. Like Limburger cheese hehehehe.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
rcairnut

I had to add this;
On the banner ad on this page.

750 lb model Airplane?
click here for more details
http://www.propwashvideo.com/cat/home.htm

seems ironic to me

nut
Old 05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Twisted3D
Banned
My Feedback: (3)

Let me see now....whats more dangerous..... a couple young guys who's reflexes are sharp havin fun with fire and hovering??? or an old guy with decrepid reflexes flying a 80 mph warbird at full speed over the deck inverted with a crowd watching?? If AMA wants to make things safer,..... GET THE OLD GUYS OUT OF THE AIR!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I totally agree-especially the ones with three digit AMA#s or less and have a screen name of Hossfly
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Stanoo

I haven't posted here in a long while myself..........Theres this deep deep love triagle going on among the powers that be!..... alot of us got tired of the way things got skew'd and twisted in favor of the biggest wallets! and left...... You can see from the odd spellings of the "BANNED WORD" we found a little place and found it quite comfy! Just seems some folks cant stand that ethier, so they try and run that down as well with all sort of Stupid accusations etc etc....... It will never end some people love MISERY so they wallow in it! except they get awful lonley then this sorta crap pops up over and over.. The impression people get from the rants here and there and the few disgruntled ex-members(Mostly there own choice) and proclaimed never members is somtimes cast in a bad light! everyone there is about having fun and flying RC aiplanes of every fashion we all have Fast ones, four stars, combat planes pattern planes, 1/2 and a helicopter or two! I invite you too see for yourself we have nothing too hide....except maybe a cuss word or two.......I would consider it PG-13 at best........just flying buddys raggin on each other talking about the same thing you talk about at the flying field...freely with very little censorship some but not much! Some guys are pretty blunt and say whats on there minds exactly how they want to. Sadly offensive too some, but is one of the things we find the most appealing about the HOOD!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:38 PM
rede2fly
My Feedback: (86)

i wish i could have been there. i would liked to laugh out loud for once instead of having to put on my happy face everytime i show up at my field with the over 80 crowd. and iam 50. so you young punks are going to have to push me out when i hit 60. you young whiffer sniffers. and i dont fight clean, iam from the old school, kick em when there down and then take a knee out just for fun
Old 05-26-2005, 09:54 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I totally agree-especially the ones with three digit AMA#s or less and have a screen name of Hossfly
Hossfly's lederhosen are definitely too tight!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 PM
mvigod
Banned

PB is censored because the website has R rated (and beyond) content on it. It used to be photos and language and I was recently informed there was still language unsuitable for minors (think 8-14 year olds here) and possibly some unsuitable imagery.

The ban would be removed as soon as the unsuitable content is removed. That said, they have the right to have whatever content they want on that site as this is the good ole USA. By the same token we have the right to not promote any website or organization which operates a website publishing such content on it. RCU is a family friendly site which is suitable for people & children of all ages. The PB site is NOT suitable for people of all ages as anyone here with a young child would probably agree. The member agreement there even has a minimum age requirement so I don't want to hear any discussions on this. Those who disagree with our policy to be a family friendly site can click somewhere else.

Regarding copyright issues. We are seeking advice from our legal department and will take any and all necessary action to comply with copyright issues brought up here should they exist in this particular context.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.