Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

**PLACE YOUR BETS**

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Horrace Cain
39.74%
Doug Holland
46.15%
A Write-In Candidate
14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

**PLACE YOUR BETS**

Old 09-29-2005, 09:27 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default **PLACE YOUR BETS**

Wish I had the odds to post here, but for all you betting men....
WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE AMA EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT POSISITION?
This is not nessasarily who you will vote for, but who you think will win!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: **PLACE YOUR BETS**

Who is actually on the ballot?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Liberator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last selection probably should have read: Anybody BUT Horrace Cain.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:04 PM
ckangaroo70

ORIGINAL: Liberator

The last selection probably should have read: Anybody BUT Horrace Cain.
OUCH!!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Heh. But seriously...who actually is on the ballot? Is Horrace actually on it?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:25 PM
ckangaroo70

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Heh. But seriously...who actually is on the ballot? Is Horrace actually on it?
As amazing as it may seem...................yes, Horrace is on the ballot!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:40 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

He's been on plenty of ballots before. He was denied a place on the ballot for President once...not the only guy that has happened to.
My bookie puts horrace at about 500 to 1.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:25 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

I'd like to see him win, if for no other reason than to shake up the troops in Muncie.
I'll bet if he won DB would go NUTS, and that's incentive enough for me to vote for Horrace!
Alas, I believe ET's odd's are pretty accurate.
BRG,
Jon
Old 09-30-2005, 10:41 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well...it would be pretty funny...except a few weeks after the laughter died down, we would have an EVP who is totally unqualified in charge of an important position.
My write in candidate would be the Alf the Alien from that old TV series. My bookie has HIM at 250-1.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:43 PM
ckangaroo70

F106A
I believe you and I are on the same page here. I will also be voting for Horrace just so he can put his mouth to some actual good use.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:44 PM
the-plumber

My bookie puts horrace at about 500 to 1.
Your bookie needs a refresher course in probabilities.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
ckangaroo70

Based upon no scientific knowledge whatsoever. My guesstimation is that Doug will win with about 60% of the vote, and Horrace will make a good showing with about 35%, and write-ins will get about 5%, which will include Aliens like Alf, the local Dog Catcher, and Popeye the Sailor Man. Again these are just my own uneducated guesses. Horrace will get a few FREE votes just because his name is first on the Ballot. This will come from those who know nothing or have read nothing about either candidate, but feel it is their duty to mark a selection on the ballot and stick it back in the mail.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:00 PM
the-plumber

Two bucks sez yer way off.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
ckangaroo70

Fred

If I bet 2 bucks everytime I thought I was right about something, I would be homeless. Where in my guess do you believe I am way off? Are you thinking that maybe ALF or the Local Dog Catcher might actually steal the election from both?
Old 10-01-2005, 09:06 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

Fred

If I bet 2 bucks everytime I thought I was right about something, I would be homeless. Where in my guess do you believe I am way off? Are you thinking that maybe ALF or the Local Dog Catcher might actually steal the election from both?
Horrace lost the Local Dog Catcher election last year...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:08 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Based upon no scientific knowledge whatsoever. My guesstimation is that Doug will win with about 60% of the vote, and Horrace will make a good showing with about 35%, and write-ins will get about 5%, which will include Aliens like Alf, the local Dog Catcher, and Popeye the Sailor Man. Again these are just my own uneducated guesses. Horrace will get a few FREE votes just because his name is first on the Ballot. This will come from those who know nothing or have read nothing about either candidate, but feel it is their duty to mark a selection on the ballot and stick it back in the mail.
My guesses about the "whys" are similar to yours, but I think the end result will be Horrace with maybe fifteen percent of the vote, tops.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:29 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I'm glad Horace is running and hope he continues to run in future elections. He has cleaned up his act considerably since he announced his candidacy and hasn't posted his old *** for tat nitpicking of AMA affairs and peoples posts that he was so well known for doing.

Then again it was always amusing to read his enigmatic tirades with quotes from the dictionary and belittling statements with a few religious thoughts mixed in for good measure. I suppose after the election he'll be back to his old self.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:43 PM
the-plumber

Where in my guess do you believe I am way off? Are you thinking that maybe ALF or the Local Dog Catcher might actually steal the election from both?
No, I'm thinking CainFly will pull votes in the single digit range just like he did last time around, write-ins will be decidedly scant, and Doug Holland will keep the office because he's the only qualified candidate.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:46 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

I'm glad Horace is running and hope he continues to run in future elections. He has cleaned up his act considerably since he announced his candidacy and hasn't posted his old *** for tat nitpicking of AMA affairs and peoples posts that he was so well known for doing.
Indeed. The nit-picking is in his statement in MA. Reading that tome suggests Horace thinks he's running for Emperor Of The Aeromodeling Universe, not the AMA chief accountant's job.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: the-plumber

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Indeed. The nit-picking is in his statement in MA. Reading that tome suggests Horace thinks he's running for Emperor Of The Aeromodeling Universe, not the AMA chief accountant's job.
I think he belives he IS. He has continuously intimated that he intends to use the EVP position to control the EC, by controlling the purse strings. He is totally deluded as to what the job entails, and totally unqualified, and it looks to me like someone just desperate for power. I would feel better if he was running for President or DVP, but in this case...it's just like he's running because there IS an election and he just wants power.
That's precisely the kind of person you DON'T want in power, yesno?
He HAS been quiet as of late, probably for the reasons you think...and I'd be pretty sure it will back to usual when the election is over.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Jim Thomerson

I am going to vote for Horrace. I have at least met him. I think it is safe for me to do this as I do not expect him to win.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:06 PM
abel_pranger

<snip> I would feel better if he was running for President or DVP, but in this case...it's just like he's running because there IS an election and he just wants power.
Hey ET-
Remember that if the prexy goes tango uniform, the EVP is next in line for Emperor. Holland may be an able accountant, but I wouldn't want him to be president (for that matter, I don't want DB to be President either, but that's water under the bridge......). As far as I'm concerned, this election should not be taking place. The position used to be that of a real Vice President, ready to step in and take over the top job if needed, and not just the CFO position it has devolved into primarily during the term of the incumbent, and the quals have been/are still being rewritten to line up with his resume. What should be, or should have been done by now is a restructuring of the management to separate the CFO and VP jobs. Maybe we'll see that done in a few more decades, if AMA survives that long.

Abel
Old 10-01-2005, 08:00 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Interesting...
You make some very valid points about the ascension to the throne, let's hope they beef up security at the Muncie Palace so no assasins get in...

I think the current EVP position emerged because of a real need for a financial professional in the mix, there is too much money being dealt with, too many tax rules, too many potential pratfalls.
I don't want it called "CFO", that's a profit-making position for corporations. Does not sit well with me. The first (and up till now) only person who I EVER heard call it "CFO" was Horrace.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Hossfly

Interesting...
You make some very valid points about the ascension to the throne, let's hope they beef up security at the Muncie Palace so no assasins get in...

I think the current EVP position emerged because of a real need for a financial professional in the mix, there is too much money being dealt with, too many tax rules, too many potential pratfalls.
I don't want it called "CFO", that's a profit-making position for corporations. Does not sit well with me. The first (and up till now) only person who I EVER heard call it "CFO" was Horrace.

At AMA the original position was called Secretary-Treasurer. Without refreshing my memory, the position was changed in name to Executive Vice President around 1980/81 or there about. The term Chief Financial Officer (CFO) was included to carry over the old duties of Treasurer.
AMA has salaried staff accountants with one designated Comptroller. The elected office serves as the go-between the EC and the salaried administrative functions.

AMA Bylaws:

Article X
Section 4
. The Executive Vice President shall be the Chief Financial
Officer of the AMA, shall monitor the financial and corporate affairs
of the AMA, make an annual report to the membership regarding the
financial affairs of the AMA; and shall make periodic reports, not
less than quarterly, to the Executive Council regarding financial
matters of the AMA, and shall assume the duties of the President in
the event of a vacancy as described in Section 2. until such vacancy
is filled.

Just because this item is not "heard" does in no way mean that it has not been said. [>:]

It just so happens that I have close contact with an accountant person currently in contract with one of the nation's largest accounting firms, that is also involved into investigating corporate computer networking under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
This person is just one of a number of close contacts that I have. Like any leader, my work will be with consultation of a number of truly professional experts.
There is no doubt that I can supply any information needed by AMA and myself to satisfy any financial situation. BTW IMO, IRC 501 (c) is today much easier to administer than when AMA became 501 (c) (3).
Old 10-02-2005, 05:49 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

"It just so happens that I have close contact with an accountant person currently in contract with one of the nation's largest accounting firms, that is also involved into investigating corporate computer networking under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002."

One that has been indicted, or one that is ABOUT to be indicted? Just kidding.

Look, Horrace, no offense, but knowing an accountant and being one are two very different things.
Hey, I can get close consultation from an airline pilot...can I take over flying the Delta Shuttle to Boston?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.