Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Life Members; Ballot & Life status.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Life Members; Ballot & Life status.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA Life Members; Ballot & Life status.

AMA Life Members:

Are you feeling left-out of things? I was until I made some inquiries.

Here is the first answer, my inquiry being the 2nd part.

>>Horrace,

I can’t conceive of a situation in which changing to a life membership would cause us to drop your ballot, but stranger things have happened so let me get the staff on this.

Don
>>>>>>>>>>>
On 10/7/05 2:18 PM, "CainHDxxx" <CainHDxxx> wrote:

Hello There:

Almost everyone I know in this area has received their ballot at least a week ago, except ME.

Would my change to Life Member have gotten my address changed or dropped from the loop?

Model Aviation label still has my old member number on it -- a year old now. Since I have not received a "renewal" just maybe I don't get a ballot either -- EH?? Hey I need at least ONE vote. Gimme a chance!!

Could there be a glitch somewhere?

Horrace Cain
AMA L-93
Previously 539
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There were other replies such as I must have missed it as it probably got mixed up in my daily junk mail.
IMO that reply lends some thought of what happens to mail sent to AMA not registered!

Somewhere someone else must have ask questions as SF must have joined the research. I received this today.
>>>>
To: [email protected]
CC: cainhdxxxxx

Ok, here is the long and short of it. I want to thank Horrace and Sandy for bringing this item to my attention which made me focus on Life Member group. After talking with the printer they did not print a ballot for "Life Members". This has be corrected and 781 life member ballots will be in the mail on Tuesday, since today is a holiday. That is still plenty of time to receive the ballot and return them to the auditors.

Should anyone have additional concerns please let me know. In the meantime this is how the ballots were dropped in the mail: Starting Friday September 23rd and continuing through September 29th. October 12th the ballots will be mailed to Life Members.

Affiliates receive only the National Election Information
APO/FPO receive a special ballot
<<<<<<<<

As it is written:
"Look and you will find it -- what is unsought will go undetected." Sophocles

So, Lifers, expect to get a VOTE. [sm=sunsmiley.gif]

edited to remove email addresses
Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Life Members; Ballot & Life status.

Why share private emails.
Did you have permission of the authors?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Geistware

The email was sent to the Ec and COPIED to me. I was the individual that first complained. The answers are about how your AMA works. This is an AMA discussion forum donated by RCU.

In addition, I do not keep any secrets concerning AMA operations EXCEPT in some instances where certain individuals just may be looked at with dismay from certain other individuals, and on a one-on-one case basis, I just may elect to not reveal something.

What I say and what I reveal is MY choice.

As for permission, sonny, I don't need YOUR or anyone else's permission for whatever I choose to do. Now if I choose to inflict harm on a person or property, there are authorities that can well change any such plans if I should become such a dumb-*****, or at least make me greatly regretful of such. So far in these almost 70 years, I have not been retained and am still free to go as I please and I am NOT even under bail. [>:]
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Hmmm. I'm also a life member and have not recieved my ballot.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:24 PM
rcmiket

qoute:
As for permission, sonny, I don't need YOUR or anyone else's permission for whatever I choose to do. Now if I choose to inflict harm on a person or property, there are authorities that can well change any such plans if I should become such a dumb-*****, or at least make me greatly regretful of such. So far in these almost 70 years, I have not been retained and am still free to go as I please and I am NOT even under bailuote

Hoss..... and your looking for votes?
Mike
Old 10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Liberator

How funny is that?

Not caring what anyone thinks of you is certainly your business, but not really the most prudent course of action for someone that wants to be elected to an office.

If you can't even display enough common sense to understand that, how in the world can you possibly think anyone would have enough confidence in you to vote for you?

Amazing.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Liberator

How funny is that?

Not caring what anyone thinks of you is certainly your business, but not really the most prudent course of action for someone that wants to be elected to an office.

If you can't even display enough common sense to understand that, how in the world can you possibly think anyone would have enough confidence in you to vote for you?

Amazing.
In all reality, I do care what someone thinks of me. I would like very much like for others to recognize these items:

1. I am willing to dedicate my time to a non-paying job to make an organization better for the sport it represents and the community which it serves.
2. If the objectives I propose are not important to you in that community, or at best not more important than kissing rear-ends, then don't vote for me. If you just want back-patting big buddy, then so be it. The ultimate loss is yours.
3. If you are unable to comprehend my proposals and objectives then again, the loss will be yours.

Yes, I suppose it is "amazing" for so many of you when you find someone that can stand up and be counted, willing to do a BIG job for a fair amount of people, yet doesn't have to beg. If that is a lack of common sense, then, again, so be it.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Geistware

I look at your response and several things come to mind.
1) When you copied the content of your emails, it was clear who they were from/to and who was copied. Stating the obvious didn't help to address the question.

2) I would expect any officer to be sensitive to the content of conversations that they were copied on. I would expect that officer to be sensitive to the fact that the author may not wish to have what was stated to be common knowledge at the time it was written. Some things are time sensitive and any officer should be aware of this and ensure that even though he/she sees it as no big deal, that the author is comfortable with that decision.

3) SONNY...... I concieve this as a derogatory term towards me. If that was not intended then I am sorry, That is how it was received. You have already stated that you don't care. I wonder if we were standing face to face, how many additional derogatory terms or expressions I would be assaulted with?

4) Your actions are your choice. This is the right that we have here in the USA and most other countries of the world. To do as you please and suffer the consequencies. Well, you have proven that you don't need my vote. You have proven that you don't need the vote of anyone who may ask a question to clarify a position or statement that you may have. You have proven that you don't need the vote of anyone who doesn't think as you do. Today Mr. Cain, you have proven many things. I guess we will see how many poeple think and look up to your ideals.

My "personal" opinion is that I am glad that it is not your choice to select who is holding the office of EVP

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

The email was sent to the Ec and COPIED to me. I was the individual that first complained. The answers are about how your AMA works. This is an AMA discussion forum donated by RCU.

In addition, I do not keep any secrets concerning AMA operations EXCEPT in some instances where certain individuals just may be looked at with dismay from certain other individuals, and on a one-on-one case basis, I just may elect to not reveal something.

As for permission, sonny, I don't need YOUR or anyone else's permission for whatever I choose to do. Now if I choose to inflict harm on a person or property, there are authorities that can well change any such plans if I should become such a dumb-*****, or at least make me greatly regretful of such. So far in these almost 70 years, I have not been retained and am still free to go as I please and I am NOT even under bail. [>:]
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it was a very private email, and I don't think the originators would have a problem with it being posted here.

Good work Horrace(and Sandy? Sandy Frank?), no downside, just good work.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I look at your response and several things come to mind.
1) When you copied the content of your emails, it was clear who they were from/to and who was copied. Stating the obvious didn't help to address the question.

2) I would expect any officer to be sensitive to the content of conversations that they were copied on. I would expect that officer to be sensitive to the fact that the author may not wish to have what was stated to be common knowledge at the time it was written. Some things are time sensitive and any officer should be aware of this and ensure that even though he/she sees it as no big deal, that the author is comfortable with that decision.

3) SONNY...... I concieve this as a derogatory term towards me. If that was not intended then I am sorry, That is how it was received. You have already stated that you don't care. I wonder if we were standing face to face, how many additional derogatory terms or expressions I would be assaulted with?

4) Your actions are your choice. This is the right that we have here in the USA and most other countries of the world. To do as you please and suffer the consequencies. Well, you have proven that you don't need my vote. You have proven that you don't need the vote of anyone who may ask a question to clarify a position or statement that you may have. You have proven that you don't need the vote of anyone who doesn't think as you do. Today Mr. Cain, you have proven many things. I guess we will see how many poeple think and look up to your ideals.

My "personal" opinion is that I am glad that it is not your choice to select who is holding the office of EVP

I don't know if you know Horrace or what, but this is how he always is...it's ALWAYS some personal insult ("sonny!") whenever he speaks. Frankly, every time he opens his mouth, he loses some votes, so I say...LET HIM SPEAK!

But he does deserve credit here for getting attention on this LM vote thing. Someone else would PROBABLY have brought it to their attention, but Horrace DID.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
rcmiket

ET, ya it was nice to bring it to the attention of the masses. In the long run it will cost him. People just won't put up with attitude, I thought his response was uncalled for to say the least. I hope more people see this and think twice about a vote in this direction. Mike
Old 10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

All true. But credit where credit is due on the good parts.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I don't think it was a very private email, and I don't think the originators would have a problem with it being posted here.

Good work Horrace(and Sandy? Sandy Frank?), no downside, just good work.
I'm confident that anyone at AMA HQ assumes whatever e-mail is sent to Horace will be posted here. He has always done it to toot his horn no matter how nitpicky a matter it may be. Not saying this was a small matter and it's good that he spoke up but if he solved the problem why the need to advertise it? Because Horace has some need to have attention it seems and is less concerned with getting elected and more concerned with our attention be it good or bad. Why else would he make the obviously derogatory "Sonny" comment?

I have no problem believing that this is the true Horace and that he is consistent in this type of behavior and that it is reason enough that he shouldn't be in a position of trying to work in a democratic/ diplomatic posistion such as EVP.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Liberator

Actually whats amazing is that you still don't get it. No one is asking you to beg or kiss butt, simply to grow the hell up and not have to throw out stupid comments like that. You can still be strong without out being petty, but that might be beyond comprehension.

As far as begging, if I thought it would help I would beg you to stop posting.

ET is right though, you did bring up a valid point and it really did need to be addressed.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

NAh. Horrace keeps this place interesting! Every time he opens his mouth, he drives a semi full of stinky sneakers through it.
I say...MORE Horrace!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

OK, got my ballot. Time for a new conspiracy theory.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Guys,

I think you guys need to take some time and look at email. I see nothing wrong due to his isp and every other server between point A to B could have a copy of this email. Email is not private.

Now when this person says "dedicate my time to a non-paying job " well that left the door open. A Vote for Hossfly is a vote that will hurt the AMA.

Power in numbers, well he has no concept of this. We need more AMA members. Lets not run off members.

After seeing a post where he talked down about vets that gave their lives to our country, Forget him.

Crash99[:@]
Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Hossfly

After seeing a post where he talked down about vets that gave their lives to our country, Forget him.

Crash99
Crash 99 you are challenged to present any post that contains material by me that would degrade a veteran that gave his life for his country, providing such veteran was a member of the United States, Canadian, Great Britain, Australian or any force allied with th U.S.

If any post made by this person indicates such to you, then you cannot either read the English language and/or comprehend same, or you are simply lying. The ball is in your court.

13 years active, 5 in Combat Ready status.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: crash99

What is the URL for the post ?

Old 10-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Geistware

Why would you degrade a veteran from a country that is not an some perfered list?
I look at the actions of the countries and not the solders themselves.
The solder is carrying out the order of their superiors (in most cases).
If the superior is wrong, does that mean we should condemn the solder?
I think not. Have you ever given/issued an order that was not 100% correct?
Was it appropriate for you to be chastised for this action. (or your subordinate)

While I may be unique in my views, I cannot blame the cog because the machine has the wrong marching orders.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Hossfly

Is it not a form of condemnation when that *solder* (soldier) is provided the opportunity to die for his country?

Now just what does this topic have to do with the AMA Life Members finally being provided the opportunity to vote in the current AMA election?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Geistware

If you look at it in the context of leadership, the analogy would attempt to point out that most people start out to do the very best they can. Some fall short due to non-malicious oversights or lack of forward thinking. There are those that tend to perform the same acts for malicious purposes. It is my "opinion" that the lack of ballots to life members is a non-malicious oversight that could be and was easily rectified. No need to read any condemnation into this activity.

As far as the catch, on your part, good job.

Is it not a form of condemnation when that *solder* (soldier) is provided the opportunity to die for his country?

Now just what does this topic have to do with the AMA Life Members finally being provided the opportunity to vote in the current AMA election?